Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
If this thing has a type http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/6/68/Spr_5b2_F-00_2.png, UB have a type. There's no argue about that.
Ah, but you got to remember that that's a PokeStar Studios opponent. Its a prop for a movie made to have the types it has for the purpose of moving along the movie according to the script (if I recall many PokeStar Studio movies asked for Super Effective and Not Very Effective attacks). Ultra Beasts are beings from another dimension, there's no movie director going "we need the UB to be this type so the actor can have this Pokemon do a Super Effective move on it".

It was stated that they didn't want to patch in content as they didn't want people to feel like they were purchasing an "incomplete" game. This is a valid concern, as many people get quite upset over things like day 1 patches and games where DLC is effectively the real game ending. These are usually for quite valid reasons, such as the development cut off date a few months before release while there are still known bugs in the game (there are always known bugs) and trying to buffer the $60 price tag on increasingly expensive games. Nintendo makes products for children though, and so they tend to tread a bit more carefuly.

It was stated that they didn't want to patch in content as they didn't want people to feel like they were purchasing an "incomplete" game. This is a valid concern, as many people get quite upset over things like day 1 patches and games where DLC is effectively the real game ending. These are usually for quite valid reasons, such as the development cut off date a few months before release while there are still known bugs in the game (there are always known bugs) and trying to buffer the $60 price tag on increasingly expensive games. Nintendo makes products for children though, and so they tend to tread a bit more carefuly.
Plus, if 3ds wifi service ever goes the way of ds/wii wifi, ie no longer existing, they probably don't want missing content for people later. Such as trade/battle incompatibility due to one game having the patch and the other not and being unable to get it. Actually not even necessarily after lose of the network, as it just as easily be due to young children not being allowed to connect their system to wifi, while their friends or older siblings could.

Plus, if 3ds wifi service ever goes the way of ds/wii wifi, ie no longer existing, they probably don't want missing content for people later. Such as trade/battle incompatibility due to one game having the patch and the other not and being unable to get it. Actually not even necessarily after lose of the network, as it just as easily be due to young children not being allowed to connect their system to wifi, while their friends or older siblings could.
3DS Online services will remain for a VERY long time, but I agree completely. I can't see Game Freak taking the DLC route.

Edit: the only thing comparable to DLC we'll ever get are Event Pokemon.

3DS Online services will remain for a VERY long time, but I agree completely. I can't see Game Freak taking the DLC route.

Edit: the only thing comparable to DLC we'll ever get are Event Pokemon.
Personally I'd rather pay 2$ for a Event Mon then wait for the second coming of Jesus on the night of a blue moon for Event Mon that I could possibly miss.

i feel like this hyperbole works better outside of the year they decided to release every mythical pokemon over the course of a year
A lot of those were serial code. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have a store that carries those.

4 were serial code and 2 have been released through a universal serial code via newsletter a few months later
Sure, but its not known if Arceus and Genesect will get the same treatment. Don't forget about the other ones: Diancie and Volcanion, Diancie has not had a second chance distro and we don't know if Volc will (I picked up 4 of them just incase lol). I was at a place without an EB Games during the Diancie event, and had to rely on the kindness of strangers on the interwebs to get a code for one.

Personally I hope they never do serial code type events again which don't have a universal one.

Also, there are people that can't get those codes. So far, in Costa Rica (the place I live in), you can't get any serial code event without help from someone in North America or if Vertigo decides to distribute them (only happened once). So yeah, serial codes can screw people.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Personally I'd rather pay 2$ for a Event Mon then wait for the second coming of Jesus on the night of a blue moon for Event Mon that I could possibly miss.
Err... I would actually rather that they just make the previous gen's "mythical" Pokemon catchable in the gen after. Like for that gen I get why they would want to hold back certain Pokemon for promotional purposes, but afterwards I think they should treat it like any other Legendary. That way those who couldn't get those mythical Pokemon that gen just need to wait till next gen to try them out. It also gives the designers a chance to do creative stuff with them they couldn't before.

Like for Sun & Moon, if we're shoving in Zygarde into the region I'm sure we can also find a place for Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion.

And I've always thought that for a gen's mythical Pokemon it should be distributed via Nintendo Network and not through a game store. Like what they did for some of the 20th Anniversary Mythicals by making them store exclusive was okay, not the greatest but they were previous gen mythicals; however Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion shouldn't have as those are the new mythical Pokemon and as many players as possible should have a chance of using them.

There is also the fact that some people may not like going to a Game store due to social anxiety to bother a clerk for a code. Even if all Event Mon's were done via Wifi there would still be people who miss them due to various of means of family or life issues.

Plus not to mention if it was DLC based like pay 2$ from your E-Shop Balance then it would mean a little less Pokegenning for people willing to pay for a legit Event Mon. Also means a little extra cash for GF and nullifies any chance of missing it cause it won't go away and you are free to buy the 2$ event mon at ones leisure.

There is also the fact that some people may not like going to a Game store due to social anxiety to bother a clerk for a code. Even if all Event Mon's were done via Wifi there would still be people who miss them due to various of means of family or life issues.

Plus not to mention if it was DLC based like pay 2$ from your E-Shop Balance then it would mean a little less Pokegenning for people willing to pay for a legit Event Mon. Also means a little extra cash for GF and nullifies any chance of missing it cause it won't go away and you are free to buy the 2$ event mon at ones leisure.
Haven't they said or indicated that they are against paid stuff like that though? Paying for event mons seems pretty iffy and against the spirit of the games to me tbh.

Haven't they said or indicated that they are against paid stuff like that though? Paying for event mons seems pretty iffy and against the spirit of the games to me tbh.
The reason I'm more so against Event Mons is the advantage people who can get them verses people who can't. Not specifically talking about myself but more so others. Sure we have genning but it still creates a disadvantage for those who are trying to do things legitly but sucks for them if they missed the deadline of x event mon (Like Sludge Bomb Zoroark for example) now little timmy won't know when the next SB Zoroark will be.

PS: Sorry for ranting. i just prefer a model where everyone has equal ground on obtaining things which is why I would like a paid event mon model that doesn't go away compared to a missable event that does.

There "tends" to be enough time for pretty much anyone that has the game to get Event Pokemon. It's not like it is, say, for only one day or two (although I have the feeling there may have been such cases).

Plenty of popular game series have items that can only be obtained within a limited time frame... not saying I approve them just because it's a common practice, though.

What I don't like, however, is region-specific Event Pokemon.

Hiding content behind a pay wall is called micro transactions.

And that is killing gaming and full game releases.

Don't go full EA on stuff that actually matters for gameplay. Pokémon us to fremium it us a full console release , don't freaking attempt to defend micro transactions in gaming.

There "tends" to be enough time for pretty much anyone that has the game to get Event Pokemon. It's not like it is, say, for only one day or two (although I have the feeling there may have been such cases).

Plenty of popular game series have items that can only be obtained within a limited time frame... not saying I approve them just because it's a common practice, though.

What I don't like, however, is region-specific Event Pokemon.
Yeah i am kind of over exaggerating about the time frame but say your on a family vacation you can't back out from and its to a place where you have no internet like your camping for a month or something or you waited till round the end of the month cause you thought you had loads of time but surprise your internet went out or again vacation to a place without internet or usable internet and its too bad you missed it.

Then there is event-event specific mons where if you don't participate in a thing (newsletter subscription, tournament, etc) then you don't get those ones either.

Hiding content behind a pay wall is called micro transactions.

And that is killing gaming and full game releases.

Don't go full EA on stuff that actually matters for gameplay. Pokémon us to fremium it us a full console release , don't freaking attempt to defend micro transactions in gaming.
Then hows this? During the Event its a free download. But after the time frame of the event it becomes a micro transaction. that way you can get it for free if you are in the time frame and if you miss it at least you can still get it for a petty 1 or 2 dollars. pretty sure alot of pokemon fans can afford that since I would assume people buy both versions of pokemon when possible and we already have an upkeep cost of 5$ for Pokebank per year. If you don't want the mon then you don't have to buy it. It is the most annoying thing in a game where you can't get x thing cause you were too late cause too bad life happened.

Last edited:
Yeah i am kind of over exaggerating about the time frame but say your on a family vacation you can't back out from and its to a place where you have no internet like your camping for a month or something or you waited till round the end of the month cause you thought you had loads of time but surprise your internet went out or again vacation to a place without internet or usable internet and its too bad you missed it.

Then there is event-event specific mons where if you don't participate in a thing (newsletter subscription, tournament, etc) then you don't get those ones either.
Then I'd just trade for them. There are plenty of pokemon forums out there with plenty of people who may have downloaded the event.

A lot of those were serial code. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have a store that carries those.
Then trade on wifi. There are forums like Serebii and Reddit where people organize giveaways and trades for the unfortunate people who don't have a store near them somehow. I gave away a free extra Volcanion since they give everyone two at my local store. Plus those who don't plan on using legends/ubers will happily loan there's to you. I give away most event Pokemon since I usually don't care for them and I don't care to complete the dex either. There's tons of people like me who can help you.

And don't tell me "not everyone is fortunate enough to have wifi." They can't cater to everyone.

----------

I think the dlc talk started because people were guessing what they empty spots in the dex are. But it admittedly did spark a rather lengthy conversation on the topic.

All I know is that I just hope something can be gotten from the preload data. Anything of substance!

So subject change. What previous gen moves do we think will make the Gen 7 mons great? Like for example Aqua Jet and Scald is looking pretty good on Primarina.

So subject change. What previous gen moves do we think will make the Gen 7 mons great? Like for example Aqua Jet and Scald is looking pretty good on Primarina.
I think she will be a special with good defenses, I don't have a clearly idea about her stats or Hidden ability.

But sadly I think Primarina will be replaced by Tapu Fini.

I think she will be a special with good defenses, I don't have a clearly idea about her stats or Hidden ability.

But sadly I think Primarina will be replaced by Tapu Fini.
Speaking of which hype for the min max physical decidueye that game freak is suggesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)