SPOILERS! Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have the ever added uncoded abilities to existing Pokemon mid-generation before?
No, I wrote that just for funsies lol. (Edit: Even though they DID add Primordial Sea, Desolate Land and Delta Stream which is total alien to XY, never mind the new Megas and the two broken-ass Primals)

But if they really added new pokes like the person above me said so, plus they modified hidden abilities and even normal abilities this gen, then it wouldn't be a huge surprise if they actually did so.

Last edited:
Another interesting thought: will they still be shiny locked?
I don't see reasons why not. They can be distributed as gifts for players later on like Shiny Koko and Silvally, nor encounters like the dragon duos in BW nor the legendaries in XY are not locked (especially when they are encountered with a cutscene like these two).

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
real talk i kind of want pre-evolutions for all the UBs and you can encounter them in their ultra spaces

it would be useless since the point of going inthere is to grab them, but, please, just, imagine tiny underdeveloped xurkitrees and guzzlords
Hmm, prevos for the Ultra Beasts should just be as strange as they are. They shouldn't be straight forward, like Remoraid evolving into Octillery.

Nihilego: Stonefish with mirror scales.
Buzzwole: A grub whose body looks like a veiny, muscular arm (the tail end has a club that looks like a clenched fist). Its face looks like Buzzwole but with a tiny proboscis and underdeveloped wings.
Pheromosa: A pill bug with a cute face instead of a belly.
Xurkitree: A solar panel flower with roots/feet that looks like an AC power plug
Kartana: A paper plane/crane.
Celesteela: Lead hot air balloon.
Guzzlord: Facehugger-like thing with the Xenomorph's mouth tongue.

Wonder what a Mega Ultra Beast would look like...

THe implication seems to be that the different UBs are from different worlds themselves. Buzzwole is from a hyper tropical (prehistoric...?) world while Xurkitree is in some weird electric dimension. The recon team may only be native to one specific world, the one where necrozma stole the light, while the other worlds are uninhabited
Of the ones shown to us, this looks to be their environments:

Nihilego: A cave/dark forest with strange, bio-luminescent fungus/plants.

Buzzwole: A prehistoric jungle with volcano giant rock pillars, large and long vines, and erupting volcanoes.

Pheromosa: A desert/stony landscape with primitive houses made from stacked rocks and crystals.

Xurkitree: They essentially live on a giant Xurkitree wrapped around rocks, probably electrically charged.

Kartana: A forest with trees that grow paper-like leafs.

Celesteela: A swampy area with fuel pipe-like structures connecting pools of combustible gas/liquid (methane?), gas geysers everywhere, and tall pointy rocks.

Who knows what Guzzlords, Assembly, Burst, or Adhesion's look like. What type of worlds would a creature that eats everything, a walking wall made of many little creatures, a ghost firework display, and poison pixie live in?

If they give them alternate abilities, then Celesteela must have Heavy Metal as its another ability. So you gonna lob 120 BP heavy slam every day at everybody.
I would list my ideas but I think that would be crossing over to wishlisting.

Have the ever added uncoded abilities to existing Pokemon mid-generation before?
Have they ever added uncoded new Pokémon mid-generation before?
GF have slowly pushed the barrier of what they could do with a third version/sequel pair/remakes with added content that's not completely compatible with the previous games:

Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, & FRLG: All had unique Deoxys formes from one another. When cross version battling you'll see the sprite that's in your game but it'll have the stats of the forme from the version it's being used in.
Platinum: Gave Giratina, Shaymin, and Rotom new forms and dealt with cross version battling the same way they did in Emerald with Deoxys.
BW2: Had Kyurem able to fuse with either Reshiram or Zekrom.
ORAS: Introduced more Mega Pokemon and new Abilities that were not compatible with XY at all.
USUM: And now we're getting completely new Pokemon via Ultra Beasts (and maybe Regional Variant...).

REGIONAL VARIANTS!
Guys... what if they have Ultra Space Regional Variants! Like an Ultra Beast version of an existing Pokemon. Can't really think of an example, but I think you know what I mean.

Anime/Manga:
You know, I'm beginning to see why the anime and manga rarely bother trying to stick close to the game's story. Not only so they can create their own interesting stories, but even they don't know what stunt GF is going to pull for a third version/sequel pair/remakes that'll they'd have to find a way to implement.

Anime/Manga Story Director: Okay, we have the story all planned out! As long as GF doesn't introduce any super random new story elements we should be all good...
GameFreak: WE JUST INTRODUCED ALIENS FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION WITH THEIR OWN ULTRA BEASTS!
Anime/Manga Story Director: Ugh... tell everyone there's a meeting at 3. And... just burn these story boards... I don't care...

I don't see reasons why not. They can be distributed as gifts for players later on like Shiny Koko and Silvally, nor encounters like the dragon duos in BW nor the legendaries in XY are not locked (especially when they are encountered with a cutscene like these two).
Someone mentioned this before, we thought that the logical conclusion would be that UB/Tapus will still be shiny locked, but the potential other region legendaryes would not be, same fashion as ORAS.

Someone mentioned this before, we thought that the logical conclusion would be that UB/Tapus will still be shiny locked, but the potential other region legendaryes would not be, same fashion as ORAS.
Nah, I am talking about the Ultra Beasts. They are encountered just like how you encountered the cover legendaries (appearing in front of you), which most likely they will be shiny-locked. I DID not mention other version legends will appear (it's just a metaphor about how they appear in front of the player, and are shiny-locked in their own versions).

Reactions: Mq
My thought is that since we actually get to visit (apparently anytime we want) the UB's worlds, it would make sense that they are catchable any time (and who knows, maybe breedable between them?)

It would tecnically be possible in that case that the shiny-lock is removed.

We'll see.

Guys... what if they have Ultra Space Regional Variants! Like an Ultra Beast version of an existing Pokemon. Can't really think of an example, but I think you know what I mean.
Unlikely, considering that the Ultra Space(s) are separated by a dimensional wall that is breakable by only Solgaleo and Lunala, it would be questionable if there are anything other than the UB in their own home turf. Probably they are the same pokemon that is variated in their respective turfs, if they really brought it up.

Anime/Manga:
You know, I'm beginning to see why the anime and manga rarely bother trying to stick close to the game's story. Not only so they can create their own interesting stories, but even they don't know what stunt GF is going to pull for a third version/sequel pair/remakes that'll they'd have to find a way to implement.

Anime/Manga Story Director: Okay, we have the story all planned out! As long as GF doesn't introduce any super random new story elements we should be all good...
GameFreak: WE JUST INTRODUCED ALIENS FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION WITH THEIR OWN ULTRA BEASTS!
Anime/Manga Story Director: Ugh... tell everyone there's a meeting at 3. And... just burn these story boards... I don't care...
I actually laughed about this lol

Anime/Manga:

Man the manga is like....MARRIED to the pulling each and everything they can out of hte main games. It is slavishly loyal to them They'll deviate the story (which becomes exponentially dumber the more plot driven the games get) but by god they will work in whatever the games add in whatever inane, insane, and stupid way they can

So we get either Trainers from Ultra Space or do we get Trainer that went into Ultra Space and caught UBs? Either way its nice

So the 2018-2019 VGC circuit has this
Almost all Pokémon within the National Pokédex are allowed provided they have the Alola Black Clover symbol.
Almost all in this case excluding the box legends, mythicals and rando events like ash-greninja

I know a few pages back there was some talk of if they would put a bunch of legendaries in (likely through the ultra wormholes). To me, this ruling says yes, because otherwise it would ban every non-alola legendary. Which, while an interesting shakeup, doesn't seem like something they would do.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Man the manga is like....MARRIED to the pulling each and everything they can out of hte main games. It is slavishly loyal to them They'll deviate the story (which becomes exponentially dumber the more plot driven the games get) but by god they will work in whatever the games add in whatever inane, insane, and stupid way they can
Huh, that's an opinion you don't hear often. Well, at least for the anime. The manga is generally loyal to the games aside from one or two twists it throws in to keep things interesting or because they're trying to keep to one timeline (noticeably the ones based on the remakes try to squeeze whatever story they can get from just the new content: FRLG takes place on the Sevii Islands, HGSS focus on the Rocket Executives, and ORAS had it easy thank to the Delta Episode).

But the anime... not so much. Well, maybe they used to, but since Gen V they really dropped the ball in some in some places (well, you can argue since Gen IV since they skipped its Battle Frontier but it had an awesome League to make up for it; Sinnoh's main blame is pacing problems). Now, to be fair, they did try to introduce Team Plasma in BW's story but it was via them attacking Castelia City... and then the earthquake happened. Scrapped that episode and whatever plans they had, but instead of trying to introduce them later thy gave them their own arc after the Unova League was done which is kind of the lazy thing to do. But we don't get into that, at least here. Kalos is when the writers either got bored or fed up doing a Pokemon anime. Sidelining the Flare story, instead they focused on making Ash and Greninja a shonen hero and Serena a waifu pop idol with the anime-only Pokemon Showcases (though you could argue they showed off the trainer equally or more than the Pokemon). Once again, we got to the Flare stuff after the League. Also, while I'm sure GF was planning Perfect Zygarde, I don't think they were planning Ash-Greninja. And now finally with Sun & Moon they made it into a slice of life and completely changed the story among other things. Also, recently the anime has started excluding characters. XY had no Emma or Looker coming back, nor did they have Zinnia or other new characters introduced in ORAS (they brought back Steven and the Mega Evolution specials had Rayquaza/Groudon/Kyogre, that was it for ORAS's representation in the main anime). As for Sun & Moon, while they still have time to introduce characters, notable missing character is Hau and they skipped over Ilima completely (because the anime doesn't have Captains).

The anime may focus more on characters from the games, but that doesn't mean it's loyal to it. Not at all. Now, the thing is, we are starting to touch on the Sun & Moon story but it's so much on the tip of the iceberg they can probably easily find a way to introduce the Ultra Recon Squad in without any trouble. It'll be no different then them having saved the Team Plasma and Team Flare stuff for their own story arc after the main story of that region is done with. Not sure about the manga, from what I can tell they haven't even gotten pass the Iki Town festival so if that's where they are they won't have any problems either.

Huh, that's an opinion you don't hear often. Well, at least for the anime. The manga is generally loyal to the games aside from one or two twists it throws in to keep things interesting or because they're trying to keep to one timeline (noticeably the ones based on the remakes try to squeeze whatever story they can get from just the new content: FRLG takes place on the Sevii Islands, HGSS focus on the Rocket Executives, and ORAS had it easy thank to the Delta Episode).

But the anime... not so much. Well, maybe they used to, but since Gen V they really dropped the ball in some in some places (well, you can argue since Gen IV since they skipped its Battle Frontier but it had an awesome League to make up for it; Sinnoh's main blame is pacing problems). Now, to be fair, they did try to introduce Team Plasma in BW's story but it was via them attacking Castelia City... and then the earthquake happened. Scrapped that episode and whatever plans they had, but instead of trying to introduce them later thy gave them their own arc after the Unova League was done which is kind of the lazy thing to do. But we don't get into that, at least here. Kalos is when the writers either got bored or fed up doing a Pokemon anime. Sidelining the Flare story, instead they focused on making Ash and Greninja a shonen hero and Serena a waifu pop idol with the anime-only Pokemon Showcases (though you could argue they showed off the trainer equally or more than the Pokemon). Once again, we got to the Flare stuff after the League. Also, while I'm sure GF was planning Perfect Zygarde, I don't think they were planning Ash-Greninja. And now finally with Sun & Moon they made it into a slice of life and completely changed the story among other things. Also, recently the anime has started excluding characters. XY had no Emma or Looker coming back, nor did they have Zinnia or other new characters introduced in ORAS (they brought back Steven and the Mega Evolution specials had Rayquaza/Groudon/Kyogre, that was it for ORAS's representation in the main anime). As for Sun & Moon, while they still have time to introduce characters, notable missing character is Hau and they skipped over Ilima completely (because the anime doesn't have Captains).

The anime may focus more on characters from the games, but that doesn't mean it's loyal to it. Not at all. Now, the thing is, we are starting to touch on the Sun & Moon story but it's so much on the tip of the iceberg they can probably easily find a way to introduce the Ultra Recon Squad in without any trouble. It'll be no different then them having saved the Team Plasma and Team Flare stuff for their own story arc after the main story of that region is done with. Not sure about the manga, from what I can tell they haven't even gotten pass the Iki Town festival so if that's where they are they won't have any problems either.
I didn't say the anime was loyal to the games, I said the manga was
Anime almost always does its own things

So the 2018-2019 VGC circuit has this

Almost all in this case excluding the box legends, mythicals and rando events like ash-greninja

I know a few pages back there was some talk of if they would put a bunch of legendaries in (likely through the ultra wormholes). To me, this ruling says yes, because otherwise it would ban every non-alola legendary. Which, while an interesting shakeup, doesn't seem like something they would do.
Which is, nothing unexpected really.

The Ultra-Soar mechanic would probably be the simplest way to introduce the other gen legendaryes as well.

This also means though that sadly Gen 1/2 HA birds and dogs would be illegal for VGC :( My static zapdos bae :(

Yeah honestly screw them for not including the VC games in this. Worked hard to get those exclusives and shinies and all for what. "Inner focus beasts but you can't use them kek"

"In-region only" has been the standard since '13. Of course they weren't going to include the VC mons.

They'll likely include some way to catch all the old Legendaries--it's been more-or-less official policy to make sure a player can complete the National Dex within a single generation. The question is how--I'd wager a similar post-game "Here they all are (at various times), go catch them" idea to Mirage Spots.

A couple of interesting minor things, but the 2018 VGC ruleset has been revealed. Why is this relevant? Because it's National Dex and allows Mega stones. The latter implies that all the megastones will be obtainable in-game without having to download them since Nintendo doesn't like download exclusive stuff in VGC (i.e. Mythics)

What also interests me is the fact that Ash Greninja is banned but apparently not Dusk Lycanroc. Wonder what is up with that.

A couple of interesting minor things, but the 2018 VGC ruleset has been revealed. Why is this relevant? Because it's National Dex and allows Mega stones. The latter implies that all the megastones will be obtainable in-game without having to download them since Nintendo doesn't like download exclusive stuff in VGC (i.e. Mythics)

What also interests me is the fact that Ash Greninja is banned but apparently not Dusk Lycanroc. Wonder what is up with that.
Mega stones aren't too surprising. The fact the SM mega stone codes expire on the 31st was always a little brow raising even before seeing more mega-compatible pokemon being added to the alola dex.

The cap pikachu also weren't mentioned, so it could just be them not mentioning every event. Or maybe Dusk Lycanroc will be breedable

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Hey players, we're banning Ash-Greninja since you cannot obtain it in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. But do you know who you CAN obtain? Dusk Lycanroc, but only for a limited time! Preorder Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon now and download the special Rockruff so you can evolve it into Dusk Lycanroc in your game! Give it a Lycanium Z and let loose with Splintered Stormshards!

Do we think UB Adhesive will evolve?
Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)