ORAS OU Poliwrath/Mega - Hound

Hey guys this is my first post in this thread any I'm trying to build a team around a poliwrath and houndoom core. I know poliwrath is bad, but it helps out alot with most of houndoom's checks and counters. Here is my team details. I got to 1300 with these team and someone was nice enough to refer me to this thread.

Houndoom@Houndoomite
Ability: flash fire
Nature: timid
EVs: 252 spa/252 spe/4 spdef
- flamethrower
- destiny bond
- dark pulse
- nasty plot

I wanted to use mega houndoom because it's not a pokemon you see quite and I feel is underrated. Houndoom has a great offensive typing that is resisted by very few pokemon. It doesn't hit that best speed tier but with Nast plot it's still a threat. I put destiny bond as a way to remove threats and get surprise kills.

Poliwrath@ sub focus punch set
Ability: water absorb
Nature: adamant
Item: leftovers
EVs: 132 hp/ 252 atk/ 124 spe
- waterfall
- focus punch
- toxic
- substiute

Poliwrath main goal on this team is to help soften up pokemon for houndoom wearing down most of its checks and counters. Substitute allows it to avoid status moves like twave. Toxic wears down pokemon that wall poliwrath. And focus punch hits anything a a predicted switch for decent damage.

Celeb
Item: leftovers
Nature: bold
EVs: 252 hp/ 156 def/ 84 spdef/ 16 spe
- giga drain
- psychic
- baton pass
- recover

I put celebi on the team to complete the hound/poliwrath core. It's a supportive pivot On the team and I noticed hound/poliwrath core is weak to breloom. Celebi deals with major threats like diancie, lopunny, keldeo.

Garchomp
Item: rocky helmet
Nature: impish
Evs: 252 hp/ 164 def/ 76 spdef/ 16 spe
- stealth rock
- fire blast
- earthquake
- dragon tail

So far the team is super weak to talonflame and I felt chomp was the best check to it. I also need a stealth rocker on this team to help teammates with getting a kill. Garchomp also works as a great sack on killing a mon that abuses priority period.

Latios
Item: life orb
Nature: timid
EVs: 252 spa/ 252 spe/ 4 spdef
- defog
- Draco meteor
- psylocke
- recover

Latios goal is to maintain a offensive presence while being able to get Rid of hazards for houndoom. Latios also helps with applying pressure for the team and just to get rid of hazards.

Jiraich I
Item: choice scarf
Nature: jolly
Evs: 252 atk/ 252 spe/ 4 def
- iron head
- u turn
- fire punch
- healing wish

Jiraich was picked last due to the plethora of resistances it has and a way to give pokemon a second chance with healing wish. Also this team is super fairy weak and I put fire punch to stop steels thinking they can prevent iron head spam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)