Poll: Best Current Coach in the NFL?

Who is the best current Coach in the NFL?

• Total voters

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Who is the best coach currently in the NFL? I know the pool is significantly smaller with the departures of Tony Dungy, Mike Holmgren, and Mike Shanahan, but there's still a few worthy of mention left. Who do YOU think is the best current coach in the NFL?

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm having trouble understanding why Rex Ryan is in this poll. He has done a very nice job with this Jets team so far, but the data pool is so small that it's just tough to include him in a poll like this.

Also, what Tony Sparano has done in Miami shouldn't go overlooked. He took a 1-15 team of two years ago and turned them into a division winner. He also helped revolutionize the league by being the first to run the Wildcat.

Belichick.
The man's system works, hell Matt Cassell had a 10 win season.
He also has 3 rings, more than anyone else on that list currently.

*Begins to drown out "Beli-cheat" and all the haters*

Andy Reid with a close second, because I like him.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was just throwing a list together, there's obviously so many variables to consider, and everyone has a different idea of what makes a coach "great". I probably should have left Ryan off there, but *shrug*

Also, what Tony Sparano has done in Miami shouldn't go overlooked. He took a 1-15 team of two years ago and turned them into a division winner. He also helped revolutionize the league by being the first to run the Wildcat.
And where are the Dolphins now? 0-3. Further exposes that the 08 Dolphins were a fluke benefiting from Brady going down. Also, the Wildcat is the most overrated gimmicky piece of crap I have ever seen.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
And where are the Dolphins now? 0-3. Further exposes that the 08 Dolphins were a fluke benefiting from Brady going down. Also, the Wildcat is the most overrated gimmicky piece of crap I have ever seen.
I would say that the Falcons, Colts and Chargers are good enough teams that we can discredit the 0-3 record. It's a situation similar to the Broncos 3-0 record. Are they really that good? Probably not. Are the Dolphins really that bad? Probably not.

Brady going down only benefited them two games out of the year, when they played New England. True, New England may have won the division last year with Brady under center, but we can't know that for certain.

I'm probably a bit biased, but I love how Mike Singletary has turned around the 49ers franchise; after how many years of mediocrity, we're finally a contender again.

Otherwise, I like what the fiery Rex Ryan has done for the Jets.

Belichick for the reasons Virtuoso metioned, basically. However I am biased towards Jeff Fisher. He does an excellent job with the talent he has.

Belichick for the reasons Virtuoso metioned, basically. However I am biased towards Jeff Fisher. He does an excellent job with the talent he has.
By excellent you mean be the most inconsistent team in the league and draft a depressed psycho?

Voted for Belichick because of consistancy, even though I hate the Patriots.
pretty much...

this and the fact that he's had the biggest impact across the league as far as producing coaches that he influenced. the "belichick coaching tree". you gotta look at guys like bill parcells to compare that kind of impact

I voted for tomlin. unlike almost everyone else who voted for belichick i think his team is gonna fail this year, and brady will go into a slump
Edit: same here WaterBomb :(

I voted for tomlin. unlike almost everyone else who voted for belichick i think his team is gonna fail this year, and brady will go into a slump
Edit: same here WaterBomb :(
Doubt it, to be honest. No matter the adversity, Belichick always seems to keep his team under control. Hell, even without Tom Brady last season, they were in the hunt for the post season during a large part of the regular season. I absolutely despise the Pats, but I must give props to Belichick for being so consistant for such a long amount of time.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Yeah, I really don't like voting the way I did, but Belichick has just had such a major impact on not only the success of his team, but also on the styles and strategies of many other coaches around the league. That's just why I voted for him.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
he's had the biggest impact across the league as far as producing coaches that he influenced. the "belichick coaching tree". you gotta look at guys like bill parcells to compare that kind of impact
Belichick is part of Parcells' coaching tree!

Is that why it just gashed the Jets? Sparano really knows how to run it and has the right personnel in Brown, Ricky, Pat White, and the amazingly underrated blocking Anthony Fasano.Honestly, Parcells has turned this entire franchise around, starting with the Hire of Sparano. Other small moves like the trade for Sparano really helped this team. He definitely should at least be in the poll. He turned a 1 - 15 team into a playoff winner, and after being 0-3 and losing his Leader, he rallies the team together behind a second year QB, who is Legit BTW. Also, maybe Ginn can be useful. Bellicheat can get lost, Mr. Sparano is the new top AFC East Coach.

Ken Whisenhunt, took a team that had never made it to the Superbowl and almost won it all.
nah. he's good, but not that good. and this is coming from a steelers fan. you see how the cardinals almost lost last week, with a 21-0 lead?

Belichick is part of Parcells' coaching tree!
lol good call

guess i should have said "you'd have to go a branch lower to compare that kind of impact"

I voted for Tom Coughlin.
I wish Ken Wisenhunt was on there, he did a great job winning last week against the Giants on the road.
I do think that all the coaches from every team should have been on here though.
(I'm a Packer fan first, Arizona second.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)