Post your searing hot takes

this gets worse and worse. I don't know what to say. how does it feel to be the only person with objectively wrong opinions?
Remember: "Do not hate. Do not judge. Love everyone. Do not see the bad in people, but the good. Do not see the sins committed, but the sins received. See things from others points of view. Understand that persecution is rarely motivated by malice, but fear, a warped sense of justice, and hate. Never forget, but always forgive. Know that you may always be wrong. Know that all humans have flaws, so there is no need to hold them against others. If hatred is what evil deserves, then we all deserve hate. And understand that failing to do this does not make you a bad person. It makes you human."

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
why are you not heating up your cereal
you don't even have to heat up your peanut butter to have it with cereal.

sometimes with organic peanut butters the liquid oils will completely separate out of the solids so that you have a layer of peanut oil and then a really dense mass of the peanut solids. you can use the oils for your cereal and then fire the solids out of your cannons at enemy pirates

they made orange juice conflict with toothpaste how it does to troll the world tryna have some breakfast after a shower/brush teeth etc.

(i say this after laughing at my sister this morning, like "how didn't you know that?" lol)

GF should remove the "x of Ruin" abilities and replace them with something else. (Replace the ones that lower defensive stats with Adaptability, mostly, as I feel it would still be a strong boost, but manageable. For the ones that lower offensive stats, I'm still thinking on that.)

Last edited:
the death of media literacy doesn't just entail people being utterly unable to understand subtext, but people being completely unable to understand the very text that is presented to them

a lot of discourse on Dune is very telling on that, but I've seen people unironically "theorize" that King Boo wrote the letter to Luigi in Luigi's Manison. Despite King Boo having outright said that he wrote the letter. Like directly in a textbox, there's nothing to misunderstand here

Similarily, people genuinenly glorifying Homelander and being unable to understand the satire in his character. Or people seeing Evangelion 3.0+1.0 as debunking the loop theory, despite the movie outright, directly stating that the loop is happening. Or people saying that One piece isn't political. Like yeah man sure, the funny pirate comic where the main villains are the World Government, where almost every bad guy is authoritarian, racist, greedy or warmongering, where there's a whole arc about how privatized healthcare is evil and where there's another arc that says that racism is bad

And there's also a growing number of people who somehow see author's opinion in characters varying views. Somehow, Rohrschach in Watchmen is supposed to represent everything Alan Moore hates. In what way? Like, why does the Comedian exist then? What is he supposed to represent? And why is Rohrschach consistently depicted as somewhat reasonable, despite his extreme views?

I don't get it man. I think political commentators (aka grifters) trying to make everything they like be an agreement to their views and everything they dislike be confirmation of them are responsible for that

the death of media literacy doesn't just entail people being utterly unable to understand subtext, but people being completely unable to understand the very text that is presented to them

a lot of discourse on Dune is very telling on that, but I've seen people unironically "theorize" that King Boo wrote the letter to Luigi in Luigi's Manison. Despite King Boo having outright said that he wrote the letter. Like directly in a textbox, there's nothing to misunderstand here

Similarily, people genuinenly glorifying Homelander and being unable to understand the satire in his character. Or people seeing Evangelion 3.0+1.0 as debunking the loop theory, despite the movie outright, directly stating that the loop is happening. Or people saying that One piece isn't political. Like yeah man sure, the funny pirate comic where the main villains are the World Government, where almost every bad guy is authoritarian, racist, greedy or warmongering, where there's a whole arc about how privatized healthcare is evil and where there's another arc that says that racism is bad

And there's also a growing number of people who somehow see author's opinion in characters varying views. Somehow, Rohrschach in Watchmen is supposed to represent everything Alan Moore hates. In what way? Like, why does the Comedian exist then? What is he supposed to represent? And why is Rohrschach consistently depicted as somewhat reasonable, despite his extreme views?

I don't get it man. I think political commentators (aka grifters) trying to make everything they like be an agreement to their views and everything they dislike be confirmation of them are responsible for that
I'm not convinced that any of this is really recent. The depths of human misunderstanding are endless, and the Internet magnifies the very worst of it.

I'm not convinced that any of this is really recent. The depths of human misunderstanding are endless, and the Internet magnifies the very worst of it.
sure but in recent years, it's gotten so much worse

I think it's people's attention spans getting worse from the internet and everything being politicized. If you like something, it'll confirm your values. If you don't like it, it will play into your values. If you like it but it goes against your values, it's not political. You'd have never read about people misunderstanding Rage Against The Machine. Now you do consistently

It's kinda comparable to people misunderstanding the new testament. The NT was always abused for political purposes and it's interpretation was massively bastardized through it. The same thing that was done to it is now being done to popular media

sure but in recent years, it's gotten so much worse

I think it's people's attention spans getting worse from the internet and everything being politicized. If you like something, it'll confirm your values. If you don't like it, it will play into your values. If you like it but it goes against your values, it's not political. You'd have never read about people misunderstanding Rage Against The Machine. Now you do consistently

It's kinda comparable to people misunderstanding the new testament. The NT was always abused for political purposes and it's interpretation was massively bastardized through it. The same thing that was done to it is now being done to popular media
It's funny that you should cite people misunderstanding Rage Against the Machine as an example because there was a whole thing in 2012 about Paul Ryan, a Republican politician, being a big Rage fan. More recently, there was a big hubbub about Donald Trump, who dodged the Vietnam draft, playing "Fortunate Son" at his campaign rallies in 2020. Willful misunderstanding has always been a thing, though it's definitely possible that recent shifts in the digital landscape have exacerbated things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)