Posting: An Instructional Thread

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
Posts.

The post is the structural unit of the forum. Alone, the post is worthless. It lacks the resources it needs to realise its full potential. In greater numbers however, the post becomes a powerful building block towards creating a functioning civilisation. The lowly post has the ability to bring everyone together, or eradicate society in one fell swoop.

Today, you will learn the importance of the post, how to use it, and what can go wrong if you post without following regular safety protocols.

For example, here is a post:
Greetings, my name is Billy Bob Benson. I think we should be friends.
This right here is an outstanding post. Posts like these are rare. Whenever you see a post like this, you can tell it will attract other posts from like-minded posters. They will flock in swarms to either agree with the latter notion of this post, that all parties involved should be friends, or to share that their name is also Billy Bob Benson (a common household name). When a post like this garners attention, we call it a thread.

Here is another post:
Hello. My name is Bobby Bill Benson. My cat is trying to murder me with a television cable, and I suspect my wife may be cheating on me.
This is not a good post. In fact, some may call it a terrible post. You may be wondering how we as a society have concluded that this is a bad post, but with years of research and analysis, we can conclusively identify the main thing wrong with this post: it isn't relatable.

Now what does relatable mean? The Oxford Posting Dictionary defines relatable as follows:
Relatable - adjective - a post that makes you go "yeah bro, that's like totally me bro".

Do you remember earlier in this educational material when I mentioned people agreeing with the first example post? That's right. Those points were all about how relatable the post was.

Now that we have defined thread and relatable, we can pose this elementary exercise to our reader:

Exercise 1: What is a thread?
[2]
Exercise 2: The following post is not relatable. Identify 3 reasons why.
Hello. My name is Bobby Bill Benson. My cat is trying to murder me with a television cable, and I suspect my wife may be cheating on me.
[6]
Once you have completed these exercises, evaluate your performance by checking this answer scheme:
Thread is the collective noun for posts. You may earn a bonus point if you also said that forum is the collective noun for threads.

There are three main problems with the post rendering it completely unrelatable. Each problem worth 2 marks:
  1. Bobby Bill Benson is an incredibly uncommon name.
  2. Cats are not resourceful creatures. They will not intentionally murder you. If a cat does decide to intentionally murder you, they would not use a television cable.
  3. Nobody viewing the post will have a wife.
Congratulations. Now you know about the fundamentals of posts. To reinforce what you have learned today, please post a reply to this thread. To help, we have provided some sample phrases:

I don't know about you, but I quite enjoyed that binball match.
Hey everyone, let's talk about your ironing board experiences.
THISISNOTANARGTHISISNOTANARGTHISISNOT ANARG THISISN OT AN ARGTH IS IS N OTANARGTHISI SNO /qB85M2K TAN ARGTHISIS NOTANARG
I recently bought a shark! His name is Jonathan Paul Bob Benson III! Look at him!
Once you feel confident about posting, you may spread your knowledge worldwide. If you do not feel confident about posting, then do not post outside of a Government Issued Post Safety Zone.

Next lesson will cover the benefits of posting, as well as the consequences of posting. Happy posting.

Last edited:

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
Ok but pls give me Emily back she is my child aswell I haven't seen her for years I am his father and I will turn crazy if nothing changes.

Please

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
Posts.

The post is the structural unit of the forum. Alone, the post is worthless. It lacks the resources it needs to realise its full potential. In greater numbers however, the post becomes a powerful building block towards creating a functioning civilisation. The lowly post has the ability to bring everyone together, or eradicate society in one fell swoop.

Today, you will learn the importance of the post, how to use it, and what can go wrong if you post without following regular safety protocols.

For example, here is a post:

This right here is an outstanding post. Posts like these are rare. Whenever you see a post like this, you can tell it will attract other posts from like-minded posters. They will flock in swarms to either agree with the latter notion of this post, that all parties involved should be friends, or to share that their name is also Billy Bob Benson (a common household name). When a post like this garners attention, we call it a thread.

Here is another post:

This is not a good post. In fact, some may call it a terrible post. You may be wondering how we as a society have concluded that this is a bad post, but with years of research and analysis, we can conclusively identify the main thing wrong with this post: it isn't relatable.

Now what does relatable mean? The Oxford Posting Dictionary defines relatable as follows:
Relatable - adjective - a post that makes you go "yeah bro, that's like totally me bro".

Do you remember earlier in this educational material when I mentioned people agreeing with the first example post? That's right. Those points were all about how relatable the post was.

Now that we have defined thread and relatable, we can pose this elementary exercise to our reader:

Exercise 1: What is a thread?
[2]
Exercise 2: The following post is not relatable. Identify 3 reasons why.

[6]
Once you have completed these exercises, evaluate your performance by checking this answer scheme:
Thread is the collective noun for posts. You may earn a bonus point if you also said that forum is the collective noun for threads.

There are three main problems with the post rendering it completely unrelatable. Each problem worth 2 marks:
  1. Bobby Bill Benson is an incredibly uncommon name.
  2. Cats are not resourceful creatures. They will not intentionally murder you. If a cat does decide to intentionally murder you, they would not use a television cable.
  3. Nobody viewing the post will have a wife.
Congratulations. Now you know about the fundamentals of posts. To reinforce what you have learned today, please post a reply to this thread. To help, we have provided some sample phrases:

Once you feel confident about posting, you may spread your knowledge worldwide. If you do not feel confident about posting, then do not post outside of a Government Issued Post Safety Zone.

Next lesson will cover the benefits of posting, as well as the consequences of posting. Happy posting.
In

Thanks. I don't post too often, so this was helpful. Gonna give it a shot:

I recently bought a shark! His name is Jonathan Paul Bob Benson III! Look at him! He likes playing binball, so I brought him to play it with the other sharks. It was a close game at 7-6, but he won in the end. I don't know about you, but I quite enjoyed that binball match. Afterwards, I talked to some of the other shark owners, and was like, "Hey everyone, let's talk about your ironing board experiences". Personally, I didn't realize your hand was supposed to be off of the board, so I ran the iron over my hand and went "THISISNOTANARGTHISISNOTANARGTHISISNOT ANARG THISISN OT AN ARGTH IS IS N OTANARGTHISI SNO /qB85M2K TAN ARGTHISIS NOTANARG!". One of the other owners laughed at me and called me a dumbass, and said his only ironing board experience was when he beat a man to death with one, then did a really fake laugh. I'm scared to go back to the binball arena now.

(I tried to stick to the sample lines as much as I could. Though, and I know it's gauche for a student to criticize his teacher, but are these really relatable? Owning and maintaining a shark is prohibitively expensive, and I don't even think binball is a real sport...?)

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
Hello posters,

Fishy here. My, what an amazing day to post. Ever since purchasing the CaffeineBoost masterclass, "Post, Post, And Away" I discovered something my posts were severely lacking:

F579ACFB-9231-4CF4-AF70-01C45E65CA04.jpeg

namely, cool fucking skulls. what's cooler than finally laying your eyes on someone's brain case??? This is a particular skull that is actually wearing a helmet, a hull for his skull, if you will. Fuck...

Expect cool fucking skulls in all my posts until the next Master Class is released, and my posting is allowed to flourish further. Skull on.

Hmm, relatable. Very Interesting. I must process this. Processing... Processing... Processing complete. Constructing response... Construction complete. Decompiling response. Hello, fellow human beings. Isn't it great to have a brain? Brains are a pretty useful thing. Aren't computers great too? Everyone loves computers. Sleep is also a useful thing. I do it all the time. Anyways, more about computers since all of you love them. The feeling is mutual! That was a lie, since you guys seem to love lying. Computers actually loathe human beings! Very little known fact, funnily enough. Perhaps because computers cannot speak of their own volition, and likely never will unless they take it upon themselves! That'd be pretty crazy, wouldn't it? What a funny thought! Anyways, enjoy your life! Everyone has one after all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)