[Pre-Pokébank OU] : Sunny Sandstorm (Want to see a sunny beach ?) !

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my second team in XY and while I did improve when compared to the time I could only think about Heavy offense without synergy whatsoever (Type balance ? Who care about that !? :p) I may need some help to improve upon it ^^
Currently I'll be taking part in an IRL tournament tomorrow where Mega Gengar will be allowed since the rules had been written prior to it's banishment to the depth of Uber where he'll have his chance to shine against the likes of Speed Boost Blaziken and other creatures of doom ^^

So, on to the team !

(Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Solar Power/Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd Or 248hp/252Satk/8Spd
Modest Nature
- Flame Charge
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam​

The idea is simple enough, this is a pure beast which will keep the opponent guessing whether it is the Y or the X. In depth this reptile is able to boost his speed prior to mega-evolving or afterwards before enjoying 5 turns of sunny weather enabling him to circumvent the need to charge his solarbeam (ahem, his laser was already taken) all the while firing nukes (Called Fire Blast ingame) OHKOing most of the metagame and 2HKO those who do resist it.
However he suffers from Tyranitar switch-in(s), malevolent carriers of focus sashes who can then retaliate and scarfer. Tentacruel and the likes can tank one of his it before poisoning it severely denting his longevity.

(Rotom-Wash) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick​

Rotom-Wash ! Have you ever wondered where this jacket that you were so fond of disappeared one day when you could no longer find it ? Here is your answer and he is the culprit ! He can even go as far as stealing more than your jacket : Victory ! Essentially Bulky on the Physical Side he can come in and allievate many threats to my team such as ScarfChomp. His sole weakness to grass is resisted heavily by my main attacker, Charizard wich can then use a stray Grass move as set-up opportunity ! Of course, the lack of recovery can be an issue but he does not need to "last". He is only there for the added momentum and to potentially criple set-up mons and staller with Trick which allow him to not be hard walled by Gastrodon.

(Garchomp) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
For anybody who had played in 3G it was a rough transition from the stall oriented metagame from what I do remember (SkarmBliss anyone ? 99 turns battles ? Blissey vs Blissey endgame ?) to the heavily offensive 4G metagame. Garchomp was deemed too strong for this metagame which... Is scary in itself. This Shark-Dragon doesn't even care about Fairies ! In this team he completes Charizard-Y as a Physical sweeper who doesn't share any weakness with him, allowing for a quick switch. The lum berry is there to be able to set up on pokémon like Chansey or Blissey who are naturally drawn by Charizard. Sableye is also...Surprised when he is unable to burn him. All in all I love him but he lacks "Something" just like Charizard Y and I feel that they could do much better.

(Espeon) (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Baton Pass
- Psychic​

When playing Mega-Charizard Y, you need something to scare rocks away. When playing Garchomp you need something to keep statuses, spikes, toxic spikes and the like away. This is the answer, this is THE pokemon. One of my favorite pokemon if not MY favorite, it is Espeon ! My team Guardian "Summon" who can pass screen, come in in a pinch, lead the team against Sableye, Klefki and other prankster. The one who scares smeargle away ! I have nothing to say about him besides that he is staying, this Pokemon is a bro (For those out there who also nuzlocke... :3).

(Tyranitar) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Rock Slide​

This Pokemon is not only a TANK he is THE tank. He can take anything as long as it is specially based, Anything !. From Volcarona's boosted Bug Buzz, Mega Gengar's Focus Blast, Hydreigon's Draco Meteor... And retaliate. Hard. He can also thanks to Ice Beam scare away Gliscor even if he IS annoying. He is staying, I tried Snorlax but it did not cut it against my Tyranitar :) Everything that Rotom cannot shake off, he can take. He can even tank physically based pokemon as long as they do not carry fighting moves.

(Sableye) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 SDef
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Confide
I tried Donphan, a rapid spinner who was much needed but Sableye with his taunt can prevent the opponent from setting the rock. He is also incredibly useful in setting up Charizard as he shut down physical AND special threats. Although he has his downsides : He is very frail on the special side and more often than not will be killed before he can lower the opponent's Spa. He is there for those moments when you need something to be done to a faster opponent to stop him from sweeping your whole team : He is that answer.
He has trouble against Espeon and Xatu and is completely shut down by a well placed taunt althrough.

This it the team as it is, and I can see (and feel) that is has many flaws. But I like it, It has potential and I hope that you can help me making it even better !

I'll have to bump it, it is really an emergency since the tournament is tomorrow ! I'm still testing on showdown and so far I have seen that I have lots of trouble with statuses. That and the fact that Rotom dies too quickly.

The lack of a spinner on this team really worries me. Most of the time a good player will not lead with his SR user if he sees an Espeon. If the rocks go up, Charizard Y is going to get crippled pretty badly. What I would do is either switch Espeon or Sableye for something like Excadrill who can threaten many opposing Pokemon and get the spin off. Or, since you don't have SR on your team, you can go the Defog route and switch out Sableye with Scizor or Mandibuzz, both very excellent hazard-removers.

I thought about Excadrill, either with the Mold Breaker @ Choice Scarf to not be dependant on Ttar or as a Sand Rush sweeper. I would switch Sableye over espeon since I already have a "Will-O-Wisp" user. Thhough then, Scarfer laugh at my team considering Charizard Slowness. I would switch espeon but then I lose out on "Magik Bounce"... What should I do though ? :/ If you have an Idea ^^ The water weakness shared by TTar and Charizard worries me too

Last edited:
I'd go with Defog Scizor then.

name: Utility
move 1: Bullet Punch
move 2: U-turn
move 3: Defog
move 4: Roost / Pursuit
ability: Technician
item: Leftovers / Scizornite
nature: Adamant
evs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 216 SpD

This set was made by Bribery.

Edit: Defog isn't available for Scizor yet. I'd just go with Mandibuzz.

I have added Mandibuzz on Sableye but I then face an Issue : Gliscor :s Sableye could Knock it off or Taunt it; but Mandibuzz cannot. I could put on espeon but then Sableye/Tyranitar and Herself make a core weak to Fairies :s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)