Problem with MattJ's Worlds 09 Weavile!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Hey, just letting you guys know NOT to use my Worlds 09 Weavile if you can at all avoid it in the remaining VGCs. So far, it has failed 2 hack checks. 1 at Dallas by JRank and 1 at England by Pokerob's friend. JRank got through fine, but Pokerob's friend got DQ'd apparently (and trust me you have no idea of how sorry I am about that).

Now, I can assure you 100% that this is a completely legit poke. It was one of my very first RNGs.
1) I was actually at Worlds 09 in San Diego and downloaded 1 onto my Pearl Cart and 1 onto my Plat. I then saved one of them until I taught my self to RNG a month or so later.
2) Here's the seed I used to RNG it 0A140262 (either that or 8A140262 LOL). You can run it through RNG reporter and it all comes up straight.
3) Here are the specs on it straight from my thread:

461 Weavile (Plat Cart)
OT: “WORLD 09”
Obtained: Stood in line at Worlds 09 and downloaded it myself. RNG
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Jolly
IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 9 / 31 / 31
Training: L30 UT

Movesets: Fake Out / Ice Shard / Night Slash / Brick Break
Special Notes: Firsthand Worlds Event Wondercard. I figured it'd just be some gimick, coming from Nintendo, but actually it's tested very well for me on PBR wifi
I just wanted to make this thread so that other people hopefufully have
time to make other arrangements if they are currently using a jolly weavile
on their VGC team.

Again, very very sorry, and I'm looking into figuring out what is going on. :(

[edit]
Oh and this may or may not be of use but here's the convo me and JRank had about it failing the hackcheck for him at Dallas.

JRank:
MattJ:
JRank:
MattJ:
JRank:
The Rest in VMs:

Now, I can assure you 100% that this is a completely legit poke. It was one of my very first RNGs.
1) I was actually at Worlds 09 in San Diego and downloaded 1 onto my Pearl Cart and 1 onto my Plat. I then saved one of them until I taught my self to RNG a month or so later.
2) Here's the seed I used to RNG it 0A140262 (either that or 8A140262 LOL). You can run it through RNG reporter and it all comes up straight.
3) Here are the specs on it: Special Notes: Firsthand Worlds Event Wondercard.
I can also confirm that mattj was at worlds (With me, Drug Duck, and others) to receive this event.

How many people did you give your Weaville to to have to make a full topic telling them not to use it? You must have duped it like 5 or 6 times.

mattJ usually give some mons for free to whoever ask him, so, i'd say that there are so many Weavilies around

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
How many people did you give your Weaville to to have to make a full topic telling them not to use it? You must have duped it like 5 or 6 times.
It's in almost everybody's thread.

If anyone is up to their neck in trouble with this, .:thomas:. has a great substitute.
Could you link please? Several people have already told me they're looking for replacements.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Like I said before, it didn't fail the hack check. Marriland just said, "Well there is a problem, where did you get your Weavile?" I told him that a friend RNG'd it for me after getting it at Worlds last year and he understood. What did the official say to Pokerob's friend?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It's entirely possible that the Worlds Weavile just wasn't programmed into the hack check, and that any Worlds Weavile will fail the check, not just mattj's.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
It's entirely possible that the Worlds Weavile just wasn't programmed into the hack check, and that any Worlds Weavile will fail the check, not just mattj's.
Donut - you have one too, I'm sure? Since I'll be in Atlanta, I'll be willing to test this, since I find it weird that mattj's Worlds Weavile flagged the hack check, but none of his other Pokemon do. At any rate, we'd know for sure if it's actually the Worlds Weavile or something else.

All I can say is, it'd be pretty damn sad (and funny) if a Pokemon that the company itself distributed fails their own hack checks.

That and of course, I'll throw in my own adage, if you want to avoid any sort of potential unpleasantness, breed your own Pokemon :P

Okay lemmie elaborate:

My friend DarkFinal used the Worlds Weavile and I decided last minute not to. He went into a round 1 match and then got random cart checked, let me just say also that the european staff there were completely novice to the whole programme, you had the announcers reading from paper and at times they didn't know what you were talking about. We need a marriland.

So the professor who is a very elegant female checked his game and said that there was a problem with his weavile. He asked what it was and apparently her expertise concluded with:

"The stats are all wrong"

What a load of bollocks.

I went round DFs, spent the night round his before VGC and you could imagine the stick he gave me for days for giving him a supposed hacked weavile. I couldn't believe it was to be honest but at the time I was too focused on my game to care and hence wanted to win my matches then give a damn y'know?

I then hear from mairead in a forum that she apparently used this worlds weavile and had to be checked 3 times, now mairead is buzzthebatgirl and I was right next to her when we got to the finalists lounge, she had her game checked and then it was all cool when Mike Liesek took a look at it.

So here's the thing, my friend who had a nice chance of getting far got DQed for having a worlds weavile which their systems cannot pick up on because they don't expect us to bring a weavile with such a moveset into VGC. :|

If anything, I feel really sorry for DarkFinal, it isn't your fault Matt. You did an excellent job everywhere else and really, my best advice is anybody using a worlds weavile please talk to marilland or a high official about it and they will pass you through.

Thanks for making this topic, I'll show DF it so he can see for sure that it was the staff's fault that he didn't get through.

I've been meaning to do my warstory for a while now, but my time is short atm.

Thanks again Matt for all your help though, top man!

mattj, did the people who failed the hack check recieve the Weavile from you?
A few months back (iirc)a few of Negators Lati@s turned out to be hacked. Negator didnt hack them , its because they are FULLY REDISTRUBATEABLE. Anyone could hack a Weavile and just say its yours. If a Weavile from you failed the check then its not this, if it isnt it probably is

EDIT:nevermind, it looks like this isnt the probalm in this case, but it does still happen

Hey, im DF robs friend, the women told me as i thought at the time the stats but because the stupid MC was speaking she might have said Attacks are wrong >.< what stupid company doesnt update there own machines?

Are you sure that it is any World 09 Weavile? My friend attended San Mateo and used mine and had no problems going through the hack check. Granted, mine isn't RNG'd, though.

I had MattJ's Worlds Weaville in a box on my cart, got it directly from him late last year and my cart passed fine when Mike checked it, just thought i'd let you know guys.

I have sent an email to nintendo about this telling them there problem and my anger :P Hmm i think they only check the pokemon in the party :/

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think the problem was/is that this Weavile has Fake Out (an Egg Move) while the Weavile in question is not hatched from an Egg, and Ice Shard (a move only available at level 49 on a Sneasel) while being obtained as a level 30 Weavile. The hack-checking system would have picked up on this, but I would have thought if it had the OT and IDNo. from Worlds 09 it'd be ignored. It's the staff's fault for being completely novice to the situation and not even knowing that the company themselves had given out this Weavile last year. I'm sure if you'd shown it to Mike, for example, you'd have been allowed to play, because he'd know that it was legal.

They've really missed a trick if this isn't programmed into their system..

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I can totally understand it being overlooked and not put into the system correctly, but to have someone disqualified over it shows shocking incompetence on the part of whatever staff were involved. And honestly, even for Marriland to question it once really bothers me. He was frigging THERE last year?!

I can totally understand it being overlooked and not put into the system correctly, but to have someone disqualified over it shows shocking incompetence on the part of whatever staff were involved. And honestly, even for Marriland to question it once really bothers me. He was frigging THERE last year?!
The event need more staff who actually know the game mechanics/RNG etc rather than people just hired for the weekend. Common practise to hiring people for a job, is that they have background knowledge of the job there actually doing!!!!! rather than perving on Kinneas lol

Mattj - respect for helping for the community - your a top guy, and hope those who got DQ can smash it next year :)

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Alright then I suppose I won't be using Cherish Ball Worlds09 Weavile for Indy LCQ :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)