Lifestyle Productively procrastinating homework

These are assignments I have to do but I'm stuck right now, so I'm posting it here. Feel free to answer but I gotta submit my own answers.
Also click my eggs.
Also check out Battle-By-Post!

Social Psychology 200

Working the Nerves

1. Think of two situations that might generate feelings of annoyance.

2. Why do feelings of annoyance lead to increases in aggression?

3. Is a person aggressive if they hurt someone without intending to?

4. Is a person aggressive if they get angry but do not actually behave in a harmful way toward another person?

5. Why does one’s definition of aggression affect the comparison of aggression between the sexes?

6. Should we define aggression differently for men and women? Why or why not?

Being Helpful
1. - Write about a time you engaged in prosocial behavior

2. - Who was involved?

3. - What motivated you in this Situation?

4. - Any past experiences likely to have motivated you to be especially helpful?

5. - Do you see a relationship between self-esteem and helping and was this part of what prompted your prosocial reaction?

6. - Did you share this example of your prosocial behavior with anyone? Why or why not?

Hi user: Hyjack! I'm more than willing to help you with your homework! Feel free to copy/paste the work, I've also made sure everything is spelled correctly and grammatically correct, so you have no need to worry about spell-checking the work.
Working the Nerves

a) Receiving a phone call from a telemarketer or automated call center during a class.
b) Receiving a poor grade.

This is because irritating stimuli produce hormones known for inducing aggression, such as adrenaline, cortisol, or testosterone.

No, hurting someone without intending to is called an accident.

4. Is a person aggressive if they get angry but do not actually behave in a harmful way toward another person?

Not necessarily, but harmful aggression can also be taken against surrogates. The target or whether the action is considered harmful does not matter.

5. Why does one’s definition of aggression affect the comparison of aggression between the sexes?

Behaviour is largely produced by two factors, being social constructs and biological factors, such as stimuli producing cortisol and adrenaline.

Not necessarily, aggression is socially constructed behaviour and dependent entirely on the cultural context in which it occurs. Differentiating between aggression by men and women is only useful in contexts where aggressive behaviour is constructed as gendered.

Being Helpful

When I fucked the professor's mother.

2. - Who was involved?

The professor's mother, their father sat in an armchair watching.

The professor's father's indecent proposal.

4. - Any past experiences likely to have motivated you to be especially helpful?

No.

5. - Do you see a relationship between self-esteem and helping and was this part of what prompted your prosocial reaction?

No, my self esteem did not meaningfully change after cuckolding the professor's father.

6. - Did you share this example of your prosocial behavior with anyone? Why or why not?

I shared it on a forum for playing competitive Pokémon to the congratulations of many users.

Hi user: Hyjack! I'm more than willing to help you with your homework! Feel free to copy/paste the work, I've also made sure everything is spelled correctly and grammatically correct, so you have no need to worry about spell-checking the work.
Thanks, this is how I've handled this:

Working the Nerves

Receiving a phone call from a telemarketer or automated call center during a class may generate feelings of annoyance, because these are such pointless wastes of time, and invades my perception of digital privacy, that I feel cheated out of attention that could have been paid to the class. Receiving a poor grade may also generate feelings of annoyance, as the whole reason I have a poor grade is because some random telemarketer distracted me and I missed a trig identity.

This is because irritating stimuli produce hormones known for inducing aggression, such as adrenaline, cortisol, or testosterone. These hormones affect mental cognition in a way that produces a response. Adrenaline is produced to respond in a "fight or flight" direction, leading one to either use their energy to move away from a situation, or confront that situation. Cortisol plays a very similar role to Adrenaline, as it is also produced in these situations, but for purposes of balance. Testosterone has connections to energy levels, and is present when masculinity develops. These three in relation may result in what is perceived as "Aggression," in a spike, when met with something mildly annoying like a telemarketer.

No, hurting someone without intending to is called an accident. This would be considered a violent accident as well. Aggression may lead to violence, but aggression does not always result in inflicting harm on another. Some aggression happens for the purposes of intimidation, which is aggressive pacifism. Violence can be conducted stealthily, and without obvious indicators, like aggressive behavior, so the aggression is definitely separate, but not mutually exclusive, to inflicting harm or violence.

Not necessarily, but harmful aggression can also be taken against surrogates. The target or whether the action is considered harmful does not matter. What does matter when faced with aggression is the source, and where the aggression will go. If the aggression is just kept to themselves, then there is no harm, although some might perceive their safety to be at risk. If there is an invasion of personal space couples with aggressive behavior, some might assume harmful behavior might follow as a result.

Behavior is largely produced by two factors, being social constructs and biological factors, such as stimuli producing cortisol and adrenaline. If One defines aggression as being linked with Testosterone, they also align aggressive behaviors with men. If a male definition of aggression doesn't align with how one perceives a women showing her own signs of aggression, they may misinterpret that woman's behaviors.

Not necessarily, aggression is socially constructed behaviour and dependent entirely on the cultural context in which it occurs. Differentiating between aggression by men and women is only useful in contexts where aggressive behaviour is constructed as gendered. What might be more accurate and beneficial is assessing aggression as a human behavior, and define the expressions when faced with this shared feeling of aggression. For example, aggressive men may lower the tone of their voice, while aggressive women may raise the tone of their voice. Adequate and careful study is required to make such judgments and share them in a way that properly educates those who seek this knowledge.

Being Helpful

I engage in prosocial behavior almost every day. Prosocial behavior is a feeling of intending to help or serve others. Keeling over to the whims of society are also considered prosocial behaviors. These behaviors help an individual's self image, perceived personal needs, and achieve personal ideals. The way I engage in prosocial behavior is tied to my faith, as I intend and strive towards Christ-like attributes, or the attributes of Jesus Christ. One way is comforting those in need; this aligns with prosocial behavior because of the intention to be present for those who feel a deep absence. I strive to be honest, which is a personal ideal that is tied to the spiritual ideal. I strive to listen, and to serve, all of those around me. My personal needs are provided for by The Heavenly Father as I strive to be more like Him, and that which I am provided in excess is meant to service those who I am guided to.

2. - Who was involved?

One moment of prosocial behavior is tied to family, and is about my Aunt who has recently visited. She isn't doing so well, and is suffering from an alcohol dependency. In the midst of the influence of the substance, she can spew hurtful things to those she loves. I dodged these things for the most part, and was not hurt by what she'd said. My brother and father, however, were hurt to the extent that they walked out of the house alone, on two separate occasions. My example of prosocial behavior was to follow after them and make sure they weren't alone; I walked with them to hopefully provide comfort, or that which they were receptive to receiving.

The motivative factor here was my personal desire to make sure no one is alone. There is a football club named Liverpool in Europe, and their slogan is "You'll never walk alone." I like to be the "support beam," or "co-valent bond" for someone. That is, I want to be the one who stands beside a lone person who may be standing up for their beliefs alone, or may be bullied by a larger group, or maybe just has trouble joining a side. To be beside them is a chief desire within me, and when family is put in that "Free Radical" situation, I like to be the bond.

The only helpful catalyst from my past I can think of is my childhood, when I had a deep desire to be comforted. It sucks to feel alone, and especially sucks to feel like everyone else is against you. It is also dangerous to have someone be on their own and bullied by a larger group. There are many many potential reasons, but it all is the same result of standing beside the individual.

Instead of there being a relationship between self-esteem and helping, I have it as a relationship between identity and helping. To be beside my family in times of turmoil is who I am and what I would do. I didn't do that to feel better about myself, I did it because there was no other thing I would be doing there. Multiple times during that night, I felt grateful that it was me inhabiting this time, making those decisions, and being beside my family. Another spirit in these shoes may have different values, and I am blessed to be where I stand.

I did share this with a friend earlier last night, as we were talking about a myriad of subjects. It was one of the most recent events - my family coming to visit - so I affirmed that they were in a place to hear some negativity, and shared our shared struggle. I usually avoid saying things that make me seem good, and try to say things as neutrally as possible. This is partly because I consider myself very persuasive, and other trust me very much, so I am responsible for relaying facts rather than expressing anything to sway an opinion. This trust grows over time which grows my conviction to express myself neutrally. What I do have to work on is accepting positive comments that others say, because those are just hard to accept.

You got me started on the assignment enough for me to finish. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)