PU PUPL - The Official General Polite Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
So because user Robert Alfons is being a lazy (BAN ME PLEASE) I decided to take the initiative and fulfill my duty as fellow dutchie to continue the rankings for this Premier League. If it disappoints voice your complaints at Sander™ as this is my first time.

In 2nd place we have the Frivolous Fridges! Despite their name and potential, they haven't managed to keep their cool and share the last place with the Gastlys. Will this squad led by aspired lower tier player scorpdestroyer be able to make a Volt Switch and come back?

Megazard : Remember this guy as Bippy, someone i saw a lot on the forums in lower tier threads who's posts screamed TELL ME TO LURK MORE, however, over time and after a namechange he has worked himself up to become a half-decent PU player and establish himself in the community. After suffering losses to aussie legend New Breed and PU ladder hero Dundies, man thought he was done for, until he slayed OVERPAYwonder Anty in round 3. Will this man be able to use his Charizardite Z and mega up on his next opponent to bring the Fridges back in the race?

GrimoireGod : Fellow dutchie and another ladder hero. Showed us that you dont have to be a great player as long as you have a good team with a Clef Tangela core as we can see in week 1 & 2, which explained his loss in week 3 when he didn't bring it. Have one thing to say: Breng die combinatie van die twee maar weer en het komt wel goed deze week schatje ;o.

Robert Alfons: Regarded as the best memer in this Premier League, until he memed out on us and decided not to continue his rankings sigh... You're lucky i got your back fren. But anyways, about his games: While he stated at the beginning of this thing that he would be freeloading for a win, he managed to pull through after he was forced to play and went 2-1, where his only loss was vs Deej Dy who outmemed him with his Shedinja shenanigans. Will his memes stay dank enough and outwit his opponents or will he be forced to retire to Reddit?

Detect Marowak : Detect is a bad and outclassed move, Marowak is a pretty meh pokemon in this meta. Do i need to say more? ugh fine maybe if he brings his Thick Club he can go and get a win if he gets subbed in for someone who uses Protect like a normal person, but I wouldn't bet on it.

migzoo : migzoo is a cool guy remember this nigga from the RU room when we used to play gen 5. Have been pleasantly surprised by his performances in BW PU, as he is yet to be defeated. Should be fine if his games keep staying as flawless as the scripts he makes on this site :).

Peef Rimgar : Only thing i know about him is that he used to be PU council at the start of XY and then he bailed, so gonna have to drop a sorry dont know you on this one.

Slate. : Supposedly the FU player of this squad. Sorry boy, but you won't able to hold a candle to and FU god like me haha!(but that's only because I'll be bringing the rain this week, maybe you will win!)

Bughouse :srk114jgkgkifneoritih8ruhduhtury6orijsorrydontknowyou8fbuntu4gwygd

marilli : uh i think this guys name used to be Armadillo or something? heard this nig was good at NU. Lemme tell you, PU is a whole different meta, so if you get subbed in and try your hand at this you better buckle up and try not to get smashed.

Last edited:

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
whys irrelevant ass users taking my shit over get the fuck outta here lmao

Initially I was going to place the good old Fridges at #2, and only cuz I'm too modest to place my own team at #1, but now it looks like it ain't happening because of our amazing tour host who excels at being in time with new weeks, shoutouts! Anyway:

Megazard: Was burdened with the task to pick mem(b)ers for Fridges, and somehow did a good job, most notably by selecting Me, Robert Alfons. Not only is he good at creating a PUPL team (shoutouts to scorpdestroyer for not being there during auctions, god tier manager I swear), but he can play a fair game of PU too. Sadly he got fucked during his first two battles, but the tides are turning for Bippy/Megazard Z/Megazard/whatever his name will be in a couple of months haha.

GrimoireGod: Fellow kanker and good user, as well as good player. His fate is sad, for he still cannot claim to be the best dutchie of the Fridges (for reasons so obvious I don't even have to explain them, but I will still do so for good measure: I, Robert Alfons, am the best dutchie on the Fridges). He's still a good testing buddy and apparently one of the few PU players who doesn't get major suicidal tendencies from laddering, so props to him for that!

Robert Alfons:
In the beginning, Robert Alfons created Showdown and Smogon.
And Smogon was without memes, and void; and hax was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of Robert Alfons moved upon the face of the metagame.
And Robert Alfons said, Let there be memes: and there were memes.
And Robert Alfons saw the memes, and it was good; and Robert Alfons divided the skilled from the lucky.

Detect Marowak: Our favourite ghosting slot, until he proved he couldn't even do that properly by disconnecting :[[[ haha jk bro. Dekek's actually not bad, although his attitude might need some work. Don't want to lose any battles because you told your opponent to die or whatever haha.

migzoo: Is from RU and is surprisingly a BW2 PU lord. We don't talk enough for me to say much about him but he's good! D:

Peef Rimgar: Played PU once upon a time, so I figured bringing him to Fridges would bring us fortune, but sadly his internet connection turned out to be as reliable as our beloved tour host. As a result, he was a cat in the bag, but uh, at least he's good at Doubles!!!

Slate.: I was inspirationless here so I let Slate tell me what he wanted me to say about him. His words were as follows:

"u need inspiration or you cant do it right" - Slate (2015)

Words spoken by a true hero.

Bughouse: If you thought people with random letters and numbers as their name can only get their username improved after a namechange, here is the living proof that this is not necessarily the case. I'm pretty sure that houses specifically made for bugs, if they even exist to begin with, aren't called "bughouses". It's ok though, all is forgiven as long as Bug keeps being the DPP lord he is.

marilli: Good NU player condemned to the bench 5ever, rip in peas ;-;

scorpdestroyer: To this date, I have not forgiven him for the fact that I lost to him in some NU minitour about two years ago because the EVs on my Rampardos had disappeared. He redeemed himself by picking me for his team though, except he didn't because he's such a good manager that he figured he didn't have to pick his players himself, what a lord. Anyway, let's talk about scorp's abilities as a PU player. Or, looking at his, um, prestation vs Montsegur last week, let's actually not talk about that at all. W-we love you for who you are though, scorp!

Final part comin actually soon, shoutouts to all these ppl annoying me about power rankings and to myself for doing it. Robert Alfons, you're a real champ, you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)