Raikou's Revenge - a Warstory!

So I had a WiFi battle ealier tonight against Red11, and it was one of the best battles I've had in a while. The team I'm currently using is kind of a mish-mash of my first team, my last team, and my future team, and is working out pretty well, even though it lacks a strong special wall (I usually rely on Uxie to do the job).

My team (in order of appearance):

Heatran is Scarfed, Tangrowth, Uxie, and Raikou have Lefties, and Metagross is holding a Shuca Berry

Red's team (in order of appearance):

Skarm and Blissey have Lefties, Tyranitar is banded, Gengar has a Life Orb, and I don't know what Zapdos and Dragonite are holding.

My moves will be in BLUE
Red11's (who will be refferred to here as Red) moves will be in RED
Exclamations, move effects, and events will be in GREEN
My comments will be in BLACK ITALIC

I will list each Pokemon's health when it switches in, and at the end of each turn. Any of Red's comments will have been taken from AIM chat after the battle had been completed while we were writing up the turn events. Last, since this was a WiFi battle, all my damage calculations may be off, and I may have forgotten a turn or two. If something appears amiss, let me know. No, have fun!

---

Bam sent out Heatran (100%)
Red sent out Skarmory (100%)
Red withdrew Skarmory and sent out Dragonite
Heatran used Hidden Power [Ice] (did 100%)
Dragonite Fainted
Red sent out Tyranitar
Heatran - 100% | Tyranitar - 100%
6-5

Right here I knew that Skarmory wouldn't stay in on any kind of Heatran, so thought of what resisted Fire and decided to use my uncommon HP Ice that took me so long to SR for, since Dragons were among some of the most common Fire resists (along with bulky waters, but I didn't have anything to hit them, with a moveset of Overheat/Dark Pulse/HP Ice/Earth Power). My decision turned out to be good, and it helped me get a good start in the game.

Bam withdrew Heatran
Bam sent out Tangrowth (100%)
Tyranitar used Earthquake (did ~5%)
Tangrowth - 100% | Tyranitar - 100%

I was hoping it wouldn't end up being a Boah, because I've used them, and I know how annoying, powerful, and deadly they can be. Luckily for me, it wasn't, and I was able to switch in and out easily with Tangrowth. Tangrowth really isn't used enough. It can take a huge beating, and it has one of the best resists in the game - ground.

Red withdrew Tyranitar
Red sent out Gengar (100%)
Tangrowth used Knock Off - It's Super-effective! (does ~20%)
Tangrowth Knocked Off Gengar's Life Orb
Tangrowth - 100% | Gengar - 75%

I knew he wouldn't stay, so I just Knocked Off, expecting a fast special sweeper sweeper with an Ice or Fire move. I got the first part right, and ended up KOing the Life Orb off.

Bam withdrew Tangrowth
Bam sent out Heatran (100%)
Gengar used Shadow Ball (does 15%)
Heatran - 85% | Gengar - 70%

Since Heatran resists Ice 4x and is immune to Fire, and can switch in on either of Gengar's STAB moves with ease, I switched to him. I was right, and shrugged off the Shadow Ball.

Red withdrew Gengar
Red sent out Tyranitar (100%)
Heatran used Overheat - a Critical Hit! (does ~50%)
Heatran's SpAtk was harshly lowered!
Heatran - 85% | Tyranitar - 50%

The crit really didn't make a difference later on in the game, but:
Red11: make sure you note my frustration...
I do love ScarfTran's massively powerful Overheat. Remember Mekkah's old sig (I think it was Mekkah) that said something like "If you don't have a strong bug resist, then Specs[bug Pogey here] is going to eat you alive". Same thing with Heatran, except it's Fire, a Fire type, and it doesn't need Specs to do large damage.

Bam withdrew Heatran
Bam sent out Tangrowth (100%)
Tyranitar used Stone Edge (does ~30%)
Tangrowth - 70% | Tyranitar - 50%

Switch to Tangrowth again...

Red withdrew Tyranitar
Red sent out Zapdos (100%)
Tangrowth used Stun Spore
Zapdos was Paralyzed!
Tangrowth - 70% | Zapdos - 100%, Paralyzed

I knew he'd switch, and I used Stun Spore just in case he switched to Gengar again so I couldn't KO any item. Zapdos was a nasty surprise. I knew it had to have had HP Ice for him to bring it in, so I switched to my Ice resist - you guessed it...Heatran!

Bam withdrew Tangrowth
Bam sent out Heatran (85%)
Zapdos used Hidden Power [Ice] (does ~5%)
Heatran - 80% | Zapdos - 100%, Paralyzed

Lol, 5%.

Red withdrew Zapdos
Red sent out Blissey (100%)
Heatran used Overheat (does ~30%)
Heatran - 80% | Blissey - 70%

Now I'm wondering why he didn't bring this out in the first place..

Bam withdrew Heatran
Bam sent out Uxie (100%)
Blissey used Thunderwave
Uxie was Paralyzed!
Uxie - 100%, Paralyzed | Blissey - 70%

I switched to something I knew could take advantage of Blissey without getting into too much trouble. It's my second favorite thing on my team - U-turn/SR/Protect/Yawn Uxie. I got Paralyzed, but it just helps me by giving me a slower U-turn.

Blissey used Aromatherapy
All status conditions were cured!
Uxie used U-turn (does ~5%)
Bam switched in Metagross (100%)
Metagross - 100% | Blissey - 70%

Now this was something I didn't expect, and caused a lot of trouble late game. Fortunately, I wasn't Paralyzed and was able to switch to AgiliGross to wreak some havok.

Bam withdrew Metagross
Bam sent out Heatran
Blissey used Thunderwave
Heatran was Paralyzed!
Heatran - 80%, Paralyzed | Blissey - 70%

I was sure he'd switch, but this time, he outpredicted me and paralyzed my Heatran, which I was switching into the incoming Skarm (or so I thought). This caused the most trouble endgame.

Blissey used Seismic Toss (does ~35%)
Heatran used Overheat (does ~30%)
Heatran - 45%, Paralyzed | Blissey - 40%

I saw that if I could get it into low health, I could switch to Metagross and KO it with Meteor Mash even if it did decide to Softboil. So I Overheated, doing a nice round amount, but then decided to switch to Uxie, put it to sleep, and then U-turn to Gross.

Bam withdrew Heatran
Bam sent out Uxie (100%)
Blissey used Seismic Toss (does ~30%)
Uxie - 70%, Paralyzed | Blissey - 40%

Blah...

Uxie used Stealth Rock
A rock named "James Bond" was layed on the field!
Uxie - 40%, Paralyzed | Blissey - 40%

Blah...I knew he had Zapdos so I set some SR to help with it later.

Uxie used Yawn
Blissy became drowsy!
Uxie - 10%, Paralyzed | Blissey - 40%

Yawned... *yawns in real life, c'mon, it's 12:22am...)

Uxie used Protect
Blissey used Seismic Toss
Uxie Protected itself!
Blissey fell asleep!
Uxie - 10%, Paralyzed | Blissey - 40%, Sleeping

Now it's asleep, time to U-turn outta here!

Red withdrew Blissey
Red sent out Tyranitar (60%)
Tyranitar was hurt by Stealth Rock!
Uxie used U-turn - It's Super-effective! (does 10%)
Bam switched in Metagross (100%)
Metagross - 100% | Tyranitar - 30%

A good switch in for me, no I can Meteor Mash and I can kill Bliss or T-tar. I then decided to take the safe road and switch to Tangrowth to take the incoming EQ, or so that I can status Skarm if it comes in.

Bam withdrew Metagross
Bam sent out Tangrowth (70%)
Tyranitar used Earthquake (does ~5%)
Tangrowth - 65% | Tyranitar - 30%

5%.

Tangrowth used Power Whip
Tangrowth's attack missed!
Tangrowth - 60% | Tyranitar - 30%

Crappy accuracy is always a let down..

Tangrowth used Power Whip (does 30%)
Tyranitar fainted!
Red sent out Zapdos (100%)
Zapdos was hurt by Stealth Rock!
Tangrowth - 25% | Zapdos - 75%
6-4

I finally got Tyranitar down, and I was surprised that it caused little trouble this match. Zapdos came in to ruin my fun, however. Also, you may be surprised to see that Tangrowth went from 60% health to 25%, but it did. Somewhere, I forgot a non-important turn, and it lost some health, but that's all. So it dies.

Zapdos used Thunderbolt (does 25%)
Tangrowth fainted!
Bam sent out Uxie
Uxie - 10%, Paralyzed | Zapdos - 70%
5-4

Red's first blood.

Zapdos used Thunderbolt (does 10%)
Uxie fainted!
Bam sent out Heatran (45%)
Heatran - 45%, Paralyzed | Zapdos - 65%
4-4

His quick second blood.

Zapdos used Thunderbolt (does 45%)
Heatran fainted!
Bam sent out Metagross (100%)
Metagross - 100% | Zapdos - 60%
3-4

You may wonder why I'm letting everything die - Zapdos has no Leftovers, so I'm slowly whittling it down with everything of mine that would die to Blissey's Seismic Toss anyways. Sandstorm has its uses even on a non-SS team.

Red withdrew Zapdos
Metagross used Earthquake
It doesn't affect Skarmory!
Metagross - 100% | Skarmory - 100%

I predicted that he would Roost, and that I could KO him, but I was wrong, and Metagross' best counter came in (as long as Gross doesn't have T-punch).

Bam withdrew Metagross
Bam sent out Azelf
Skarmory used Stealth Rock
A rock named "James Bond" was layed on the field!
Azelf - 95% | Skarmory - 100%

He's just stalling me away, so I decided that I'd have a little fun. I thought this would be the winning turn, as I could Nasty Plot and get rid of that low-HPed Blissey, but Lady Luck didn't like me the next couple of turns.

Red withdrew Skarmory
Red sent out Blissey (50%)
Azelf used Nasty Plot
Azelf's SpAtk was sharply raised!
Azelf - 90% | Blissey - 40%

Let's see how this turns out. Calc says I should KO, but you can never tell (also, remember my estimates are just that - estimates. Bliss may have had more than 40%).

Azelf used Psychic (does 39%)
Blissy used Thunderwave
Azelf was Paralyzed!
Blissey was buffered by the Sandstorm!
Blissey fainted!
Red sent out Gengar (75%)
Gengar was damaged by Stealth Rocks!
Azelf, Paralyzed - 85% | Gengar - 60%
3-3

If I had only done 1 more percent, the game would've been in the bag. I guess Lady Luck must've been allergic to those Christmas Chocolates I sent her.

Gengar used Shadow Ball - it's Super-effective! (does 85%)
Azelf fainted!
Bam sent out Metagross
Metagross was damaged by Stealth Rocks!
Metagross - 95% | Gengar - 55%
2-3

Azelf was paralyzed and even Skarm would've been able to kill it, so I just let it die. I needed to get everything to the lowest health possible so Raikou could do its thing.

Red withdrew Gengar
Skarmory was hurt by Stealth Rocks!
Metagross used Meteor Mash
Metagross' attack missed!
Metagross - 95% | Skarmory - 95%

Why, Lady Luck, why?!? Did you also hate those earrings I sent you?

Metagross used Meteor Mash (does 15%)
Skarmory used Drill Peck (does 10%)
Metagross - 85% | Skarmory - 90%

He's stalling me out. I hate Metagross vs. Skarm matches. The only chance I ever have of winning is getting a couple lukcy MM Atk boosts. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen.

Metagross Used Explosion (does ~70%)

Metagross fainted!
Skarmory used Drill Peck, but there was no target!
Bam sent out Raikou (100%)
Raikou was damaged by Stealth Rocks!
Raikou - 90% | Skarmory - 25%
1-3

As I said earlier, I needed all my opponent's at the lowest health possible. Just doing my favorite thing to do with Gross (as my trade partner, kamikanaen knows only too well), kaboom! Now I'm finally able to send out my savior, the beast that is CM Raikou.

Raikou used Calm Mind
Raikou's SpAtk and SpDef were raised!
Skarmory used Roost
Skarmory restored half its health!
Raikou - 90% | Skarmory - 80%

I CMed up expecting him to switch, but he Roosted for some reason.

Red withdrew Skarmory
Red sent out Gengar
Gengar was damaged by Stealth Rocks!
Raikou used Calm Mind
Raikou's SpAtk and SpDef were raised!
Raikou - 90% | Gengar - 40%

I CM up again as there's nothing else he could do, and I want to make sure that everything of his will die in one hit. Drill Peck is NVE, and Roar wouldn't work, as it's my last Pogey.

Raikou used Thunderbolt (does 35%)
Gengar fainted!
Red sent out Skarmory
Skarmory was damaged by Stealth Rocks!
Raikou - 70% | Skarmory - 20%
1-2

Badabing.

Raikou used Thunderbolt - it's Super-effective! (does 20%)
Skarmory fainted!
Red sent out Zapdos
Zapdos was damaged by Stealth Rocks!
Raikou - 70% | Zapdos - 30%
1-1

Badaboom.

Raikou used Thunderbolt (does 30%)
Zapdos fainted!
1-0
Bam won the game!

BadaBAM!

And now the obligatory
Props:
+Tangrowth for taking hits like a grassy tendril-monster should
+ScarfTran, for wreaking havok, even if it is a smaller amount than usual
+Uxie, for always being there to support and get stuff done
+Raikou, for being an amazingly powerful sweeper capable of standing up to and putting down things such as CMCressy
+My prediction in this match - it was pretty good
+LGY, for catching that great Raikou
+Red, for the great battle!

Slops:
-A wee bit of hax. It was about even on both sides, though, so meh..

Hope you guys liked it!

Great job, Bam. This demonstrates how raikou tears the shit out of teams once blissey and / or swampert has been eliminated. Great job setting up raikou during the late game and pulling off an excellent sweep in the end. I, myself, greatly enjoy subminding against opponents lacking a special wall. Once again, nice job.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
My only concern here is that the 2nd Calm Mind on Raikou was not needed, and you risked Gengar exploding on you. For your defense of how "Zapdos should not be trusted," I can tell you that Zapdos with 30% always falls to a +1 Raikou, even if that Zapdos is maxed out in HP and Spdef with Calm and max IVs, whilst Raikou has 0 IVs in Special Attack.

I guess I'm just being a nitpick, though. Good job on the warstory. I did like the "BadaBAM!" ending.

Good story and format. I love how everyone who mentions Lady Luck in their War Story's is either talking about what a bitch she is or about hitting on her. Good read non the less.

technically skarm and zapdos didn't die, i fled before they died. yep if i had dragonite in the end......

I CMed up twice, and that Gengar turn is messed up. We couldn't remember what happened, and Gengar actually switched into Raikou when I CMd for a second time, but it doesn't really matter. Thanks for liking the warstory guys!

DawnBringer

The thrill of attempting to get what you will neve
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
4 Legends.
Not that I have anything against it, just pointing it out ._.
Good read. Nice battle.

Yeah, HP Ice.

@ DDR (:P): I know I have four legends, but I don't really see them as that. They're not better or worse than any of the other OUs, they're just hated by the uneducated masses.

I'll edit in the correct ending.

I love you BAM_UR_DEAD. ^_^

Not sure why Red sacrificed his Tyranitar to Tangrowth but otherwise a good read. People always say that many teams are Weavile-weak once Skarm is out of the picture; same thing can always be said about Raikou and Bliss.

Great Warstory. However, as Karrot mentioned, the 2nd CM was WAY too risky. Many Gengars have Explosion nowadays, and the battle could be over right there.

Good job anyways :)

Actually, few Gengars on WiFi have explosion, and if you would re-read the ending you'd see that I fixed it (I couldn't remember why I CMed twice when Gengar came in until I remembered that I CMed the second time while it switched in). Theres's a huge difference between WiFi and Shoddy teams and standards.

So many warstories with Raikou in them, I think I'm going to have to carry Dugtrio in the future. >.> And your Explosion comment made me laugh. :P

Very nice battle, I enjoyed reading it. :D Sorry, no "big" comment...

Stop changing your avatar, it confuses me.

Enjoyed it. Could have had more commentary, but it was very good. I liked the use of Legends, but SRing for that Raikou must have been a pain. I haven't seen a good Raikou in a while, but maybe I missed out on something along the road. Good job!

`Proto

A handful of people(including me and Bam) have gotten a raikou from little green yoda, who owns a great hp ice raikou. It costed me 5 pokes to get it off of him!

Why the hell didn't Blissey ever Softboiled. Other dude should had won if he just played conventional. In fact it shouldn't even have been close if Blissey was used more correctly, such as on turn 1, which led to a major 6-5 advantage already.

i had to mix it up, my gengar did have explosion, but I replaced it with toxic... XD ,I hate RAIKOU

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)