National Dex Rate My Fake Monopoison Mega Slowbro Team

Introduction

I wanted to make a poison themed team, and after discovering that Slowbro-Galar can turn into Mega Slowbro, I decided to build a team around it. I hovered around 1500 to 1600-ish mark on the ladder for some time now, which is why I'm looking for ideas for improvements here.

The Team

Slowbro-Galar @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psychic
The wincon of the team, as well as a backup physical and psychic wall. Unfortunately Slowbro-Galar doesn't get body press, so calm mind set is what I settled with. I feel like Scald is important to catch offensive Lando-T and Gliscor looking to Earthquake a Slowbro-Galar only to get the tables turned on by a Mega Slowbro. Psychic feels OK as a secondary STAB move that deals decent damage to Scald resistant mons.

Slowking-Galar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 248 SpD
Calm Nature
- Trick
- Flamethrower
- Future Sight
- Slack Off
The general special wall of the team. I found myself getting walled by Blissey and Chansey, and so I used a Black Sludge + Trick set to give a fighting chance against them as well as stall teams in general. Flamethrower often catches Ferrothorn as well as greedy Scizors and Kartana off guard.

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock
The wallbreaker and usually the backup wincon of the team. The attacking moves are usually enough to hit the entirety of OU hard, and so I relegated the Stealth Rock duty onto this mon.

Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Strange Steam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Pain Split
The defogger of the team. Weezing Galar is very bulky physically, and therefore has a good matchup against a lot of the Stealth Rock users such as Lando-T and Garchomp. Pain Split also often exerts pressure against Chansey and Blissey, usually taking away a third of their health.

Amoonguss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Foul Play
With the core of the team done, after some experimenting I decided that I was a little too weak against the prominent rain teams. I used a defensive spread to better combat Mega Swampert, while Spore + Foul Play deals with other physical threats. Not too sure about the last move, but I settled with Sludge Bomb to damage grass types such as Serperior better.

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Protect
The speed control of the team. Scolipede rounds out most of the threat coverage, dealing with Volcarona, both Greninja variants, Heatran, and a good amount of speedy threats in general, while also giving the team a physical threat.

Threats:

- Heatran gives this team a lot of trouble, able to break through Slowking-Galar and get away scot free if they can deal with Nidoking and Scolipede well.

- Manaphy often breaks through Slowking-Galar as well, and the usual counter play is to future sight, sack one of my mons, then revenge kill with Scolipede's Megahorn and hope the damage is enough.

- Teams with Mega Pinsir are often able to chip Mega Slowbro and Weezing-Galar down and sweep through the team with 1 swords dance boost
Slowbro-Galar @ Slowbronite
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psychic

Slowking-Galar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 248 SpD
Calm Nature
- Trick
- Flamethrower
- Future Sight
- Slack Off

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock

Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Strange Steam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Pain Split

Amoonguss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Foul Play

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Protect

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)