Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Take Heart
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This Manaphy is the most important part of this team, the team is build around Manaphy. Take Heart can get rid of the status so I was thinking, Rest + Sleep Talk and with Take Heart so I can get boost and HP in one turn.

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- Knock Off
- U-turn

The set up Grassy Surge for Manaphy. The most common set of Rillaboom. Also a Ogerpon-Wellspring and Dondozo checker.

Gholdengo @ Leftovers
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain
- Recover

The Gholdengo is a Iron Valiant and Zamazenta checker for the most of time. If Iron Valiant not run Shadow Ball or SD Knock Off. Also block Corviknight's Defog.

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power

Other Ogerpon-Wellspring and Dondozo checker. Manaphy's only attack move is Scald, which can't hit Ogerpon-Wellspring bc of the ability Water Absorb. What about Dondozo? It's has Unaware that can ignore all Manaphy's boost, and Rest to get rid of the burn.

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpD / 48 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- High Horsepower

I also want keep Excadrill, not Iron Treads. Just bc of the lack SpD can't switch into Fairy types too many times. I need a Fairy resist on my team, otherwise Enamorus will break through my team with Moonblast. Here is a example : Enamorus click the Earthpower for incoming Excadrill, Excadrill Tera Flying and click Iron Head.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Flip Turn
- Vacuum Wave

My team is very weak to Kingambit, so I need a Kingambit checker. Here is the common option : Great Tusk, Landorus-Therian, Samurott-Hisui, and Zamazenta. I have Excadrill, I don't need other ground type and spinner, such as Great Tusk, and Landorus-Therian. Samurott-Hisui is weak to Tera Blast Fairy and Fight, and can't do too much to Kingambit after Tera Fairy or Fight. Zamazenta looks great, but the one time Def boost is not that good. I need a mon can switch multiple times in the game that can do immediate damage to other mons. Then I find a mon named Keldeo-Resolute, Choice Specs gives it immediate power, Choice Specs Vacuum Wave is a clear one hit ko... Is that it? Nope, like what I said, my team is very weak to Kingambit, my opponent will keep it after Keldeo-Resolute is gone. Keldeo is also weak to Tera Blast Fairy, it's only can switch into Kingambit two times. Otherwise it's will die to Sucker Punch.

Roller K

detached
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
I like the team a lot! I enjoy using the mono-Scald Manaphy set your team has, and you have the proper support on the team to handle Ogerpon Wellspring with Rillaboom and Kyurem as sturdy switch-ins. I have some suggestions to help make the team a bit more potent; a Pokepaste with the changes is right below.

My version: :manaphy: :rillaboom: :gholdengo: :kyurem: :iron-treads: :zamazenta:

Changes:

1. :iron-treads: > :excadrill:: I like Excadrill's current role on the team. It is a Rapid Spin user who is immune to Toxic Spikes, and its defensive typing is great against Enamorus, Raging Bolt, and Gholdengo among other threats. Since Excadrill is a more defensive set with a bit of speed, I compared stats and realized that Iron Treads fulfills the role better. Excadrill's bulk is 110/60/65, and Iron Treads' bulk is 90/120/70. While Excadrill's net special defense is slightly higher thanks to the huge HP stat, Iron Treads is a lot more bulky overall. Also, because Excadrill is 88 speed compared to Iron Treads' 106 speed, you can reinvest the EVs that you used on Excadrill's speed for Iron Treads' bulk, so it balances out. With 8 speed EVs, you outspeed max speed Modest Raging Bolt. Air Balloon > Leftovers gives you a temporary Ground immunity and Spikes immunity. If you don't want to use Stealth Rock, you can put Volt Switch instead and run Assault Vest for extra bulk.

2. :zamazenta: > :keldeo:: Zamazenta is better for your team because it provides you speed control and phazing with Roar, which your team currently lacks. You aren't too weak to Kingambit as you have physically bulky Manaphy with Scald and Grassy seed, and Zamazenta is more threatening to other teams.

3. Covert Cloak > Leftovers on :Gholdengo:: As Garganacl rises again, you need to be able to handle Salt Cure, and your current team cannot handle it very well. Even with the suggested change of Leftovers Zamazenta, you lose late-game if it is the last Pokemon left with Tera Fairy/Poison/Ghost with Curse or Iron Defense. In general, Covert Cloak will ensure you win the 1v1 against some threats with secondary effect moves like Crunch Zamazenta, and Grassy Terrain generally acts as your Leftovers.

4. Tera Fairy > Poison on :manaphy:: Just a personal preference, but Tera Fairy is a very strong defensive typing that still retains a Fighting resistance. You aren't particularly weak to Steel or Poison thanks to Gholdengo and Excadrill/Iron Treads, so it balances out your team quite well. You could test out Tera Ghost too, though you become weak to Dragapult.

Everything else looks solid. Hope these suggestions help! :manaphy: :manaphy: :manaphy:

Thx! AV Iron Tread is a great idea, I will definitely use it. The tera on Manaphy is for Meowscarada that don't care about the Def boost, so I will not change it. Covert Cloak is a good option since Keldeo-Resolute was changed to Zamazenta. Speaking about Zamazenta, is Choice Band a better option on this team?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)