Rate My Gimmick Mixed Tier Team

Hello Smogon. Mega Metal here with my first RMT! Now you may be wondering why put this in OU? Cause I have a few OU Pokes on this team and I don't know where else to put it...

Anyway I thought this team would be interesting and wanted your opinions. Why would this team be so interesting? Because it's based on one of the greatest games of all time: MOTHER! Now I'm sure you guys are tired of me ranting so on with the Pokes!

Changes in bold.

Ninten the Smeargle
Role: Lead
Item: Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Own Tempo
Moveset:
~Spore
~Fake Out
~Toxic Spikes
~Stealth Rock

Ninten in the game is supposed to be the lead. Who's a better Lead than Smeargle? A rather standard Lead Smeargle. I maybe need to fix his moveset but I think it's more than enough to be usable. His role is to be the supporter/head start of the team. He flinches the opponent, puts them to sleep, then lays traps.

Ana the Blissey
Role: Utility/Tank
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def/252 SpD/4 Spe
Nature: Bold
Ability: Natural Cure
Moveset:
~Aromatherapy
~Softboiled
~Toxic
~Seismic Toss

Needed a tank in this team. Ana is (I think) the helper in the original MOTHER game, so who better to be a helper than Blissey? Might change Ana to be a Vaporeon though. Ana's role is fairly simple. Heal herself, poison others, and attack with Seismic Toss. May change her to Vaporeon for more defensive reasons.

Mook the Tangrowth
Role: Physical Attacker
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moveset:
~ Swords Dance
~ Power Whip
~ Rock Slide
~ Stun Spore

I just love this big lug. Jolly nature and Stun Spore to help his horrible speed. Chlorophyll also helps when facing a Sunny Dayer/team. His role is to pretty much attack. Stun his opponents, raise his attack then, take down the opposing Poke. His role is rather simple as well.

Teddy the Ursaring
Role: Physical Sweeper
Item: Flame Orb
EVs: 252 Atk/4 HP/252 Spe
Ability: Guts
Moveset:
~ Facade
~ Close Combat
~ Crunch
~ Swords Dance

Just in case Mook isn't enough. I needed a sweeper so who better to sweep than Teddy? I'm saddened that practically no one uses or remembers him. Teddy is mainly to sweep when Mook can't. Teddy's super fast, can raise his attack then take down opponents. Crunch to take down Ghosts, Facade in case he's in a pinch, Earthquake for a helpful filler.

Loid the Skarmory
Role: Physical Defense/Ana Helper
Item: Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP/240 Def/16 Spe
Nature: Impish
Ability: Keen Eye
Moveset:
~ Spikes
~ Whirlwind
~ Roost
~ Brave Bird

Yes, SkarmBliss. I know it's kinda cheap but damn it works since in MOTHER Loid and Ana are the only ones who actually does attacking/walling. Loid's role is basically the same as Ana's. He sets up traps with Spikes, can heal himself, Whirlwind away Pokes that can easily kill him, and attacks. I might change his role though.

Pipi the Mismagius
Role: Special Attacker
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
Moveset:
~ Nasty Plot
~ Substitute
~ Shadow Ball
~ Thunderbolt

Needed a filler. Since apparently Pipi is dead in MOTHER I think Mismagius fits the bill. Might change her for something else. She's simply to attack specially frail Pokes such as Gengar and Rotom. She uses Substitute to raise her special attack, then attack. Again rather simple, but effective.

Please rate my MOTHER team Smogon!

How is this gimmicky... I really hope that u were not serious about gimmick.

Gimmick is pure creativity
EX:
Skarmory
EVs: 170 HP/200 Atk/134 Spe
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Sturdy
Moveset:
~Swords Dance
~Brave Bird
~Night Slash
~Steel Wing

Well, moving on to actually rating the team:
Half of your team is weak to Fighting-type. And Skarm gets his at least Neutrally by it. Though I'm sure that Skarmory and Tengrowth could easily absorb those incoming fighting attacks.
And use Flame Orb with Guts for Ursaring instead of Toxic Orb since Guts ignores burns atk cut.
Changes Blissey's nature to Bold so you can get more out of her miserable Def. I promise she won't miss the slight drop in her already massive SpDef. And Wish Support might be the better way to help your team. After all, I don't think you want to be constantly curing Ursaring's self-induced status. Without that status, his attack will be slightly weaker every time he comes out without it.
For Tangrowth, I would suggest Rock Slide over EQ so he can hit the things that resist his STAB power whip. Like Dragnite and Scizor for at least Neutral Damage. But it really depends on what you're trying to hit. EQ can get Heatran on the switch in, but it would take massive prediction to see Heatran switching in.

Here are a few suggestions to make your team a little better.

First off, how about on Smeargle you remove Taunt and U-Turn and replace them with Toxic Spikes and Fake Out. Fake Out is there to break any potential sashes which your other pokemon do not have to waste an extra turn to KO and who needs momentum on a gimmick team, so use Spikes for extra residual which this team really needs. Swap the 252 Special Defence EVs on Blissey for HP, make it a Bold nature and it is good to go. You should use Rock Slide on Tangrowth over Earthwuake for a more neutral coverage and I think it can learn Sleep Powder too right (I might be wrong) so use that over Stun Spore.

Thank you, and enjoy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)