ORAS OU Rate my OU Rain Team

This is not a Guide!

Alright guys i hope some of you can help me out a bit and give me some tips how i may improve my current Rain team.

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Encore
- Ice Beam

First we got the Rain setter Politoed wish is also my Special Wall currently.

Trevenant @ Lum Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Horn Leech
- Rest
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp

Now this is my Physical wall which really makes the clutch plays the enemys often have a hard time killing this thing since it cures all status and heals so much, this pokemon is great for crippling the enemy team. Most of the time when you leech seed the enemy and also burn them they will switch out so you can just go for another leech seed if you are healthy enough. Also important to block Rapid Spin.

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Bug Buzz

Then we got the lead but you dont realy have to lead with this guy you can look at the enemy team and look at what they will start with expecting your galvantula at thus have a better start you can get the sticky web up some time later but well this team isnt fully dependent on it but it's still a nice little tool for the late game sweep.

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

For people who like to use Defog we got Bisharp Defiant gives us a 2 stage boost on attack the perfect counter for latias or latios because of the Pursuit trap hate those things.

Noivern @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

We got problems against Grass right so why not a 4x Resist against it and hit them back with a Strong Stab Hurricane even Mega Venusaur gets Destroyed.

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Water Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Well this is our Rapid spinner and Mega in one you can switch Water Pulse for Water Spout if you want the real damage but Water Pulse is more reliable. If you got Sticky Web up you are gonna outspeed pretty much anything non scarft anyways so you can also use Water spout if you thing you aint getting hit.

So ye this is my Rain Team i hope some of you can help me out and give me some tips also sorry for my English.

Hi! First of all, Sticky Web isn't too prevalent in the OU meta, especially due to Levitaters like Latios and Flying types like Torn-T so I advise something that can lay Stealth Rock instead.

With Ferrothorn, you have another x4 grass resist, a way to beat Ice types for Noivern(0 Atk EVs Gyro Ball hits harder than one might expect!), and a way to beat others that might want to harvest your Rain for their own(see: Swift Swim Mega Swamp). Your Blastoise won't have too much of a problem beating out it's x4 fire weakness, too.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet /Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

That's all I have to reccommend so far, the trevenant is definitely questionable, so I have to test this before I can make a judgement. If you have a replay of this team, please let me know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)