Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot
- Fire Blast

My team's *good* tank as Landorus is also a tank but it's more of an attacker, blizzard for ground types like Landorus-T, dazzling gleam for fighting type threats, grass knot and fire blast for coverage, It's 248 HP for tankiness and max Def for well... more physical tankiness, and the SpA for the moves since they are all special, Eviolite instead of Blissey because stats are higher

:Landorus-Therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Rock Slide
- Crunch

My team's tank attacker, there is also Gliscor with the same typing but I prefer each one for their purposes, this one is for intimidate, Gliscor is for a safer approach Earthquake for sun teams, brick break for ice types that might treathen 4x S.T.A.B. hits, rock slide and crunch for coverage, it has max attack as physical is the type of all of it's moves, speed for hitting first which can be vital in a pokemon fight, and SpD for that little extra help on defense

:Samurott-Hisui:
Samurott-Hisui @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Aqua Cutter
- Ceaseless Edge
- Dark Pulse
- Brick Break

It's only here because of type coverage and Sharpness, Aqua Cutter for S.T.A.B. sharpness, ceaseless edge for the same reason, the Ev spreads are like Landorus but since it has Dark Pulse I made it SpA extra instead of SpD, Dark Pulse for S.T.A.B. and brick for extra safety

:Manaphy:
Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Dazzling Gleam
- Energy Ball

Scald Manaphy strat. SpA for Scald dmg, Tail Glow for Scald damage, energy ball for Tera water, dazzling gleams for coverage, leftovers for overtime healing, tera grass for S.T.A.B. energy ball, Spe for hitting scald earlier, why scald? Because 30% burn, 30% burn can change a lot, the attack decrease can make a Landorus-T just a wet dog, Scald is just great overall, it has a lot of damage and can do burn, with S.T.A.B. and Tail Glow this boy is a beast

:Gliscor:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Protect

Facade hits hard with toxic, and it can have Poison Heal, and it has Poison Orb, also not letting it have any other status effects which can be a great addition since it uses his ability for healing and attacking, unlike Land-T it has a bit of healing, Swords Dance for extra Atk, which is 252, alongside Speed, to again, hit first, facade deals 2x damage with poison, and Gliscor is perfect for it

:Ogerpon-Wellspring:
Ogerpon-Wellspring (F) @ Wellspring Mask
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Wood Hammer

Just perfectly fits as the last pokemon, Water Grass has only 3 weakness (Poison, Bug and Flying) which makes it OP, it has Ivy Cudgel water for that sweet STAB, superpower for normal and rock types, and wood hammer for also STAB, Atk for all it's attacks since they're all physical and U-turn for easy switching and grass, dark, psychic damage

Last edited by a moderator:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!

To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.

Why did you choose this Pokemon?
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it?
What are all 4 moves for?

Alright, let's move it over here, as the OU metagame thread isn't the place for it. As I said, Tusk and Mola rather than Lando and Chansey, they just do the jobs that you want them to do better. A good tusk set would be:
Great Tusk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
Tera Type: Steel
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Headlong Rush
- Stealth Rock/Close Combat
- Ice Spinner
- Rapid Spin
Ice Spinner is for Gliscor and the rest are just standard moves. An offensive spread with max speed lets it better take on things like Ghold and Dnite. Tera Steel is to survive strong super-effective or special attacks like Roaring Moon's Acrobatics, Specs Pult's Draco, and Ghold's Make It Rain. Stealth Rock is prefered as your team doesn't have hazards yet, but Close Combat can do some nice things like KO Ogerpon and Roaring Moon after a rapid spin or on the switch, as well as being very complimentary with Ice Spinner.

Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
Level: 100
Relaxed Nature
Tera Type: Poison
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 186 Def / 76 SpD
- Scald
- Flip Turn
- Protect
- Wish

Standard Alomomola Wishpasser with scald. EVs are something I made up on the fly, so they may not work, but they let it survive 1 +2 Ghold shadow ball so you can pivot with flip turn and a +1 Iron Valiant's Thunderbolt. The rest is in physical defense for checking physical attackers better. Wishpassing is very useful for your team, as it is in any team, as it allows you to pivot more freely into attacks and potentially give your sweepers a second chance. Fairy Tera is whatever, you can change it to most anything you want, though fairy is a nice generally good defensive typing. Poison tera allows a better matchup into Specs Val and an immunity to toxic. Steel or Fairy could also be used

You mentioned zapdos in the OU thread, and while it doesn't work very well as speed control, I think it would serve as a nice pivot for your team. I'd go for this set:

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Level: 100
Timid Nature
Tera Type: Fairy
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 104 SpD / 152 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost
Speed evs are for beating Tusk, Tera Fairy are for beating endgame kingambit, as you 2HKO with heat wave. Alomomola really supports this, as Roost's 8 PP and its lack of full defensive investment means that frequently it will be coming on attacks that just barely avoid the 2HKO where it can't stall them out with roost.

A couple of general changes:
Swap Brick Break for Sacred Sword on hamurott and remove dark pulse for one of sucker punch, encore, or aqua jet
Expert belt is also kind of a meh item on it but it's not terrible and has some use vs tusk
Swap U-Turn and Wood Hammer for Power Whip and Swords Dance on Ogerpon. It functions much better as a setup sweeper on this team, and Wood Hammer's recoil is preferred over Power Whip's accuracy issues.

A couple of general tips with the new team:
-Since you don't have Chansey anymore, you must play very carefully around Iron Valiant. I've tried to put a lot of checks to it in the hopes that you can scout for its set. If it's swords dance, Zapdos checks it quite handily, but it it's Specs, you must absolutely Tera your Mola to be able to handle it at all.
-Lategame Tera'd Kingambit is very threatening, try and preserve Zapdos and Tusk for this matchup. Samurott can also be helpful.
-Ursaluna-BM is super threatening as usual, try and guess protect on it with Gliscor to try and at least weaken it. I don't expect this guy to stay in OU much longer, but as long as he is, it's best to have a gameplan for it.
-Pult is super dangerous, try and wear it down with hazards and Zapdos Hurricanes, and don't be afraid to Tera Ogerpon to handle it, as it's +1 Spdef is helpful in this matchup.
-PLAY OFFENSIVELY. You do not have completely safe switches to special attackers anymore like you did with Chansey, as many of them can beat your defense with correct prediction and/or after some setup. This means making some predictions, using emergency Tera, predicting a certain set of pokemon based on team composition and how your opponent has played, etc. Capitalize on the free turns often with Manaphy and Waterpon to put your opponent in uncomfortable positions.

Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)