ORAS OU Rate my Stall Team

BreloomMyHomie

Golden State Warriors Bandwagon Fan
Very cool stall team. I definitely love seeing Ferrothorn used on stall and I actually used it a couple of times on the ladder. Anyways, the team does have some weaknesses on the other hand, one of them being Rain Dance Manaphy. RD Tail Glow Manaphy can 6-0 your entire team because Chansey's Toxic will be automatically nullified in the rain since Manaphy has Hydration. This is why I'm suggesting Power Whip over Protect. Ferrothorn's spread is to take on Tail Glow Manaphy, but what's the point in using the spread if you have nothing to touch it with? With Power Whip, you will do a good chunk of damage onto Manaphy, making it less of a threat.
Ok, so you can beat RD Tail Glow Manaphy, but there's another set Manaphy tends to carry that could really annoy your stall team, and that's CM Rain Dance Rest Manaphy. This set is definitely very annoying to your team because if Ferrothorn or Quagsire gets burned by, Manaphy can just set up and sweep.
Furthermore, I feel like Mega Heracross is an issue as well. Mega Heracross is a pokemon that can pretty much Close Combat and Rock Blast spam to guarantee a kill, weakening your stall/defensive core. This is why I'm suggesting Gothitelle>Gengar. After getting prior damage on Heracross, whether it's a Quagsire Scald or a Ferrothorn Gyro Ball, you can trap it with Gothitelle and kill it with Psychic, getting rid of your opponent's stallbreaker, making it easier for you to win. It's also a pokemon that can beat Amoonguss and Venusaur, just like Hex Will-O-Wisp Gengar. Furthermore, Gothitelle can trick its Choice Scarf and Calm Mind up so you can actually beat other stall teams.
Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Trick
- Rest
- Psychic

The set on Gothitelle allwos you to trap pokemon that threaten stall in general as mentioned earlier. You Trick your choice scarf crippling walls, set up Calm Minds and Resting up to get your health back, get your scarf back, and then just break your opponent's defensive/stall core. In addition, the EV spread prevents the 3HKO from Seismic Toss users such as Chansey and Timid Nature to outspeed pokemon with a base 121 speed stat such as Tornadus-T, Azelf, and Raikou.

I hope I helped! :]

Crap, that Gothitelle idea is so good! Thank you for the suggestion. With the Power Whip > Protect, I'll also be changing the defensive spread from 252 / 168 / 88 Relaxed, to 252 / 88 / 168 Sassy/Relaxed. I don't know what to choose between Sassy and Relaxed, but I'll be choosing Sassy for now.

I just tried the Gothitelle set, and it worked wonders. I changed Psychic to Psyshock because of those pesky Chanseys and Blisseys. It also worked well on Manaphy. As soon as Manaphy switched, I switch to Gothitelle, and the opponent uses RD. The next turn, I get the Manaphy choice-locked to Tail Glow, and proceed to set-up and KO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)