Rate my Wifi UU team

I can't put in pictures right now. I'll get them up later tonight, hopefully.

I heard there was going to be a UU tournament sometime in the near future, so I put together a team from stuff I have in my boxes. This is it:

Jumpluff @ Leftovers
Jolly nature
U-turn
Encore
Sleep Powder
Stun Spore
This is the core of my team. It screws up stuff and U-Turns to things that can set up on the temporarily crippled pokemon. For example, it would use Sleep Powder or Encore (if the opponent used a stat-up move), then U-turn to Linoone if the opposing pokemon stayed in, or Aggron, Claydol, or Lanturn if they switched.

Aggron @ Leftovers
Adamant nature
Substitute
Focus Punch
Rock Slide
Thunder Wave
The physical attacker and normal resist of my team. It paralyzes things that have been Encored by Jumpluff, and Punches everything else.

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Timid nature
Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Nasty Plot
Hidden Power Ice/HypnosisThis pokemon is mainly used to scare off rock and steel types that Linoone has trouble against. It can set up and hit hard if it's switched into a sleeping or Encored pokemon. I can't decide on what to use in the last slot. Hypnosis can help to set up if Jumpluff has fainted, but Hidden Power Ice is the only attack that can hit Altaria.

Claydol @ Leftovers
Relaxed nature
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin
Explosion
I never liked Claydol much, but it's one of two of my ground immunities on a mostly ground weak team. It can still provide good support by spinning away hazards, and Earthquake/Ice Beam hit everything in UU, and it may be able to kill something with Explosion.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Calm nature
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunder Wave
Confuse Ray
Lanturn can be really annoying. Parafusion can allow Lanturn to stall for health, and switch to something more threatening.

Linoone @ Salac Berry
Adamant nature
Belly Drum
Extremespeed
Shadow Claw
Thief/Rock Smash/Dig
By far the most threatening pokemon on my team. If this is switched in on a sleeping or encored pokemon, then that's pretty much gg. Belly Drum to activate Salac at 50% health, thanks to Gluttony. Extremespeed kills anything that doesn't resist it, and Shadow Claw takes out ghosts. The main issue is in the final move slot. When I used this on shoddy, I always would use Thief to snatch the Focus Sashes off Gengar and Alakazam for the K.O., and to take Leftovers from other pokemon so as to not lose health during sandstorm, but sandstorm is banned in UU, and it seems like Focus Sash isn't used as often in UU except for Cacturne, which defeats Linoone easily with Sucker Punch if it tries to steal it. In addition, with Thief, sturdy steel types, like Steelix and Aggron, can beat it. Therefore, my (only) other options would probably be Rock Smash and Dig for the last slot. They're still iffy, because Rock Smash is only a 3HKO on Steelix, and while Dig is a 2HKO, it has that stupid set up turn in which Steelix can Earthquake it while it's Digging for double damage.

Any problems with this team?

Jumpluff @ Leftovers
252 Def, 6 SpDef, 252 Spe
Jolly
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Encore

This is IMO the best way of using Jumpluff, and also pretty much the only possibility for him to do some damage.

What, did you assume I hadn't read the analysis and seen that already? The whole point of the Jumpluff is to give status/Encore shit and pass to something that can take advantage of it, not to subseed. It's supposed to be a team player.

I use a variation of that Jumpluff on my team and it works wonders. I used Memento as a last-ditch attempt to get in my Linoone or Pikachu for free and get up a BD or Sub. (Well, who am I kidding. Nothing really fails to break Pikachu's subs even at -2 Atk. Linoone, however, often takes less than 50% from Memento'd STAB attacks.)

Speaking of Linoone, there are really no good options for Steelix, besides, of course, taking him out beforehand. Rock Smash doesn't do very much more than Extremespeed. Dig might scare him off if he decides not to EQ the first turn. If you use Dig I suggest putting SR up - if he switches a flier into Dig it would take 25%.

Encore is tough to pull off without Sub for protection. You can replace Stun Spore and still maintain the same strategy with Encore/U-turn.

If you are focussed on setting up Linoone, I would replace Aggron with Probopass. It traps and kills Steelix, so you don't need to worry about killing it with Dig or Rock Smash.

You might have problems with Quagsire/Gastrodon since Earthquake and Ice Beam screw over your whole team. Consider replacing Thunder Wave on Lanturn and Probopass (or Aggron, if you keep him) with Toxic to help wear them down. With Jumpluff, Ninetales and Linoone you really don't need that much paralysis support. Specs Probopass with HP Grass is also a good way to get a surprise kill on them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)