Latios @ White Herb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
White Herb only restores stat drops, so you're still fighting an uphill battle with Calm Mind. Just wanted to point that out.

I do think bulky set-up will be the name of the game. Lum/Rest is going to be on every defensive Pokemon. Meanwhile, most set-up sweepers will at least carry Lum to deal with status, as it's no longer a viable option to just click Toxic twice and then start spamming recovery. Knock Off is definitely going to be the best move in the metgame (oh my god a metagame that finally neutered Scald), but it can't really be banned without games regularly hitting 200 turns.

I feel like every time we get a meta that changes a mechanic the non changed ideas get less use no matter how good they are. People using items like scarf in ei being an example. Some sets that have non reusable items will get better on mons people think would use reusable items just due to surprise. Also, getting sitrus berry might be a reason to use blissey over chansey in this meta.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're using Lum Berry and you use Rest after the opponent uses Toxic, you'll still lose a turn.

Lum Berry would heal the Toxic, you Rest and then Harvest does its thing.
I believe that's what happens in standard Sitrus Harvest sets. You get to 55 to 5% HP, Sitrus heals you to 30%, Harvest recovers Sitrus but doesn't heal you immediately.

With that in mind, there's a competition between Chesto and Lum when you're using a Rest set.
Lum doesn't force you to Rest each time you get status, and it heals confusion.
Chesto, on the other hand, eliminates the risk of a wasted turn that your opponent might use to setup and break your sleep cycle.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're using Lum Berry and you use Rest after the opponent uses Toxic, you'll still lose a turn.

Lum Berry would heal the Toxic, you Rest and then Harvest does its thing.
I believe that's what happens in standard Sitrus Harvest sets. You get to 55 to 5% HP, Sitrus heals you to 30%, Harvest recovers Sitrus but doesn't heal you immediately.

With that in mind, there's a competition between Chesto and Lum when you're using a Rest set.
Lum doesn't force you to Rest each time you get status, and it heals confusion.
Chesto, on the other hand, eliminates the risk of a wasted turn that your opponent might use to setup and break your sleep cycle.
This is incorrect, the Sitrus procs immediately. Don't have any replays to support this but it's happened to me several times on randbats (shoutouts to Harvest Tropius being God tier)

sad that you can't recycle air balloon for rotom-fan. but on a more serious note it does effect heatran and other mons that can't get rid of a ground weakness with it since it is one and done. Though for heatran specifically it should run sitrus/lum berry for the healing since it can get somewhat reliable healing now. Probably very reliable but with knock off around it could be limited.

sad that you can't recycle air balloon for rotom-fan. but on a more serious note it does effect heatran and other mons that can't get rid of a ground weakness with it since it is one and done.
You can Recycle Air Balloons though, I have done it on Showdown before. Unless that's not what you're saying.

Okay I've been testing some sets, thought I'd post...

Ambipom @ Normal Gem
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 Def / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Last Resort
This thing. Fake Out + Last Resort, but stronger, thanks to the continuous supply of Normal Gems. Best served with Rocks. I chose not to have Knock Off on it because without it you can instantly revenge kill a slower mon with Last Resort. And yes it outspeeds Lati@s, Garchomp, and many others with its 361 Max Speed. Better run a Golem, eh?

Talking bout Golem:

Golem @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
Sturdy + Custap Berry, 'M Lovin it.

Clefable @ Kee Berry
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
The stall lord returns, this time with moar annoyance! Kee Berry gets it +1 Defense whenever a Physical move Hits it, which is gold. Substitute helps it to setup using Calm Mind. And Moonblast as it's Attack. A rank plz

[Replay]rom-recyclables-24119[/replay]

Last edited:
Talking bout Golem:

Golem @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
Sturdy + Custap Berry, 'M Lovin it.
Why not put priority Explosion instead of Sucker Punch? :P
You're already on priority anyway. And even if Custap's priority stacks with Sucker Punch (getting it to +2), all Extreme Speed users are faster than Golem. XD

i've got a question about switching, and this is mostly cuz i wanna use the eject button on every team i make (trololol volt turn)

for example: Lum rotom-W uses volt switch after the berry pops from a toxic from the opposing mon.

does the item recycle when it comes back in or nah? bc if it doesn't then whirlwind/roar are gonna be very useful w/ their -1 priority

i've got a question about switching, and this is mostly cuz i wanna use the eject button on every team i make (trololol volt turn)

for example: Lum rotom-W uses volt switch after the berry pops from a toxic from the opposing mon.

does the item recycle when it comes back in or nah? bc if it doesn't then whirlwind/roar are gonna be very useful w/ their -1 priority
Ok I tested it, and apparently items do get recycled. What I did was have a Sturdy Forretress with volt switch and Sitrus Berry, and have it use volt switch on the turn where it survives the opponent's move, and heals self with Sitrus. After this, I let a mon die and switch it back in to use protect. It did recycle the berry. Replay:
[replay]rom-recyclables-24190[/replay]

Why not put priority Explosion instead of Sucker Punch? :P
You're already on priority anyway. And even if Custap's priority stacks with Sucker Punch (getting it to +2), all Extreme Speed users are faster than Golem. XD
Custap Berry allows you to move first WITHIN YOUR PRIORITY BRACKET, but does not grant your an extra priority per se. You can see it as a +0.5 priority boost to all of your moves. Golem's Explosion will always be slower than an Aqua jet (priority 0.5 vs 1), but Sucker Punch will go before said Aqua Jet (1.5 vs 1). That said, Explosion is still an option to consider, but be cautious against priority users.

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
Hi !
What about Fling + King's Rock/Razor Fang ?
It's a guaranteed flinch every turn, unless your opponent is faster or has a +1 priority move.

Gimmick sample (Weavile) @ Razor Fang
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Fling
- Low Kick
- Icicle Crash

It looks dangerous on paper.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Can we get a list of recyclable items in the op?

Hi !
It's a guaranteed flinch every turn, unless your opponent is faster or has a +1 priority move.

Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Fling
- Low Kick
- Icicle Crash

I don't think you recycle Flung items or Razor Fang, but I could be wrong.

Can we get a list of recyclable items in the op?

I don't think you recycle Flung items or Razor Fang, but I could be wrong.
Bulbapedia:
Generation IV
Recycle can recover items consumed by Bug Bite, Fling, Natural Gift, and Pluck.

Generation V onward
Recycle can now be affected by Snatch. Recycle can no longer restore items lost via Bug Bite and Pluck.

Recycle will fail if the item is collected by a Pokémon with Pickup.
And there do not appear to be limits on what items can be recycled aside from how they were lost. However somethings can not be flung
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-443884319

On that note this is well obnoxious a severely limited strategy do to low base power and pp(16 max). On the other hand dread Plate could be useful for a 108 bp dark type move after the plate boost.

Last edited:
If it were paired with toxspikes it would be a lot more scary. Unless lum berry is used all the time (I don't really know what's popular yet)

Edit: if it is, an unnerve haxorus could dd then fling its way to victory while preventing lum berries

Last edited:
A set I've had good results with (against Abyssal Bot)

Snorlax @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Return
- Earthquake / Fire Punch / Crunch
- Rest

Thanks to Recycle + Chesto Berry Rest is essentially a free full recovery, if you don't get Knocked Off. Other than that, classic Curselax really - Curse to boost Attack and Defence, Return for STAB, choose between Earthquake, Fire Punch and Crunch depending on what you'd rather hit.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Hi !

Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Fling
- Low Kick
- Icicle Crash

Bulbapedia:

And there do not appear to be limits on what items can be recycled aside from how they were lost. However somethings can not be flung
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-443884319

On that note this is well obnoxious a severely limited strategy do to low base power and pp(16 max). On the other hand dread Plate could be useful for a 108 bp dark type move after the plate boost.
If this is the case I'd like to propose a quickban of Razor Fang and King's Rock, because that is just cheap. It seems similar to the Stabmons ban on them, except with more reliable flinching and no priority ( water shuriken). I don't want to not be able to use anything slower than Weavile that doesn't have priority.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thats how Fling + Kings Rock Razor Fang works? If that is the case then it will get the banhammer.

Pickup was so close to being a viable ability, being able to steal other Pokemon's consumables and screwing them over without even needing Knock Off. However, Pickup only works at the end of the turn and doesn't work if the item is already recovered by Recycle. It's still probably useable by fast mons, but the fastest users already have more useful abilities (Ambipom in Technician, Dedenne in Cheek Pouch, Linoone in Gluttony). Maybe this can be a niche for Gourgeist-Small.

Also Gen 7 needs to hurry up for Red Card Gumshoos.

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
I don't know why, but i love this meta, so here's three sets.

Togekiss @ Custap Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Endure
- Aura Sphere
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot

Did you say "RIP flinch abusing" ? That's cute.
Even if this is weak to priority moves and stuff, 60% of flinching is pretty scary with a +0,5 priority.
Hax is everywhere, EVERYWHERE, you can't destroy it ! *laughs maniacally*

Victini @ Iron Ball
Ability: Victory Star
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Fling
- V-create
- Trick Room
- Bolt Strike

A 130 BP Dark type move is good for coverage, and Iron Ball helps Victini because V-Create 's speed drop is not always reliable.
This set is very fun for Trick Room teams.

EDIT :

Braviary @ Power Herb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Sky Attack
- Superpower
- Substitute
- U-turn

Dat Braviary, tho.
It's Sky Attack is even stronger than your Freeze Shock Kyurems.
A little slower, sadly.

Finally, a lvl.1 Smeargle with Leech Seed and Focus Sash is amazing to set up everything you want. Ferroseed can also set up SR and Spikes with that strategy. Unlike Smeargle, Ferroseed is immune to Toxic and Leech Seed, and unlike Pineco, Ferroseed is immune to Mold Breaker and Knock Off.

Yeah right, that's all.
Also all hail lord Dedenne.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)