Retiring my latest laddering team

Team duskie without a Dusknoir, I was dissapointed lol, anyway moving on. I like lead Heatran, you obviously know what you are doing with it and it works well, the best are the simplist sometimes, the least can go wrong lol. I imagine lead tar can give you a bit of worry, seeing as Scizor is your only "real" switch into it. I wonder how useful Skymin is on your team, and whether the "SubSeed" set would allow you to work better, that would allow you to play with CB Tar a bit more. You can go out on the predicted EQ and set up a Substitute and Stall, flinching and Seed Flaring as nessecary, you already have pretty reasonable coverage for Heatran and I'm not really sure where else Earth Power would be useful, if will mean that only "two" members of your team are Blissey weka rather than "three" (Yes I know Heatran can explode, but thats quite a large sacrifice really + theres at least a chance of Protect)

Is there anything that Hydro Pump hits specifically? If not you might want to change it to will-o-Wisp as a Pseudo check against Lucario, who will have a bit of a run at your team if you are unprepared. Yes Crunch varient will go straight through Rotom but it can survive Ice Punches to Will-o-Wisp back, as you will agree once SD luke sets up only clever switching will win you the game. CBTar gives it a nice opportunity to set up also. Discharge on Rotom might also be a good idea for the extra paralysis which might come in useful to stop things like Vaporeon wish Protect self healing or something along those lines, just a sort of "just in case" as you are running a defensive set anyway. If Hyrdo Pump isn't nessecary you could also try ResTalk Zapdos who will do better against Lucario, especially if you EV it to outspeed it, with Rest and Sleep Talk ZApdos can stall better thanks to its Pressure ability, just a thought to consider.

Not much else I noticed as I maintain with well tested ladder teams that have been succesful, changin actualy pokemon may ruin the synergy of the team too much, Zapdos / Rotom are similar up to an extent, but this team doesn't need a whole lot doing to it really. Congratulations and I hope some of this helped =D

Aqua Tail > Earthquake on Tyranitar is a definite possibility. It still nails Heatran, as well as other Tyranitar, while providing 2HKOs on Gliscor and Hippowdon. It is personal preference however, as you may rarely encounter them.

Great lead, I have been using that Heatran lately and it obliterates other Heatran easily.

Duskie

Boats n Hoes
Team duskie without a Dusknoir, I was dissapointed lol
Lol,i know.Just couldn't fit him in since i love rotom so much. =)

Is there anything that Hydro Pump hits specifically?
Was tired of swampert switching into me.That,and because i find alot of use hitting Tyranitars,and Rhyperior's for some decent damage.

Aqua Tail > Earthquake on Tyranitar is a definite possibility. It still nails Heatran, as well as other Tyranitar, while providing 2HKOs on Gliscor and Hippowdon. It is personal preference however, as you may rarely encounter them.
Hmm,i'll give it a shot.

Great lead, I have been using that Heatran lately and it obliterates other Heatran easily.

Yea,it's great.

Was tired of swampert switching into me.That,and because i find alot of use hitting Tyranitars,and Rhyperior's for some decent damage.
Ever tried Rotom-C? It obviously hits Swampert a lot harder than Hydro Pump and it's better against Rhyperior, as it's more powerful and 100% Accurate. I know the SpDef-drop is a pain, but Curse-Swampert has free setup on your current Rotom. Also, Rhyperior with 16 SpDef EVs in Sandstorm will never be OHKOd by Hydro Pump, while Leaf Storm OHKOs 15% of the time, 53% if it takes Stealth Rock damage, with your given spread.

Duskie

Boats n Hoes
Ever tried Rotom-C? It obviously hits Swampert a lot harder than Hydro Pump and it's better against Rhyperior, as it's more powerful and 100% Accurate. I know the SpDef-drop is a pain, but Curse-Swampert has free setup on your current Rotom. Also, Rhyperior with 16 SpDef EVs in Sandstorm will never be OHKOd by Hydro Pump, while Leaf Storm OHKOs 15% of the time, 53% if it takes Stealth Rock damage, with your given spread.
Hmm,will do.

6-0'd this team with stall.

Tyranitar and Rhyperior are playing basically the same roles with almost identical coverage. I say either drop one or make the Tyranitar mixed.

I really don't see the benefit of Shuca Berry on a Heatran lead. If your using it to counter Heatran switch ins why not just use substitute it would essentially do the same and be more useful in the long run.

I also wouldn't replace Rotom-W he's the only real check you have for scarf or subtran, unless you replace him with Zapdos. You might also want to try out Discharge you lose a little power but 30% paralysis is much better than 10.

This is evisu btw, not sure what to tell you to do so stall doesn't rape you but those are just a few things off the top of my head.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Seeing as this looks very much like the team I use (five of the six are the same, I use Donphan instead of Rhyperior), I have something of a unique perspective here. In my experience, you want very badly to protect Tyranitar early in the match, because you need to take down Zapdos the first time you see it. If an enemy Zapdos outlives your Tyranitar, you're probably finished. I should also mention that if it somehow manages to stay OU, Skymin is an awesome lead, completely shutting down suicide lead Azelf and Infernape, threatening Hippowdon and Swampert, and often forcing Tyranitar out (which is a bad move, but still common). I don't like leading Heatran, since it broadcasts to your opponent that you're not using a Choice Scarf, and most of the threat of non-Scarf Heatran comes from the possibility that it could be Scarfed.

Duskie

Boats n Hoes
6-0'd this team with stall.
And you're so proud right?

I really don't see the benefit of Shuca Berry on a Heatran lead.
Metagross,Bronzong,Tyranitar(use WoW occasionally),and of course killing other heatrans.Not my only poke te stop heatran..i have both tar and rhyp who do that job well.

I also wouldn't replace Rotom-W he's the only real check you have for scarf or subtran
...<_< Rhyperior,Tyranitar.

This is evisu btw, not sure what to tell you to do so stall doesn't rape you but those are just a few things off the top of my head.
And stall dosen't rape me as bad as you think it does.Skarm at times is troublesome in the hands of decent players.But for those who use Forretress and such,sub Rhyperior has fun running ramp behind a sub that gyroball and earthquake cannot break.

Duskie

Boats n Hoes
In my experience, you want very badly to protect Tyranitar early in the match, because you need to take down Zapdos the first time you see it.
I would like it to finished off as soon as i see it,but if it's not zapdos isn't problematic at all.Rhyp+Tar handle him with ease.

If an enemy Zapdos outlives your Tyranitar, you're probably finished.
Look at previously replied to quote.

I don't like leading Heatran, since it broadcasts to your opponent that you're not using a Choice Scarf, and most of the threat of non-Scarf Heatran comes from the possibility that it could be Scarfed.
To be honest i don't use tran at all once sr is up. So his long term survivability means very little to me lol

Hey Mario, nice team.

I think the Su(b)perior set for Rhyperior suits better for your team.
Rhyperior (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 132 HP/196 Atk/164 Spd/16 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

I think you don´t really actually need Megahorn for Cress (lol) or Celebi considering your Heatran, Tyranitar, Scizor and Skymin can already handle them really well.
Instead, the reward for setting up on Bronzong, Forrestress, and even on weak special attackers, thanks to sandstorm is just way better.
Hell, I even think a rock polish set could prove to be more useful than your current set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)