Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 96 Def / 60 SpA / 96 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Power Gem
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Moonblast

I came to the realization that many teams in this era are super defendant on their lead slot. At that point I started looking for something of an "anti lead," so to speak, and landed on Mega Diancie. The protect set lets you easily scout out potentially dangerous attacks, and respond accordingly. I actually dropped Stealth Rock altogether for a third attack, as I have learned to lure people into a false sense of security where they think they can get their rocks off (giggity) only to have them bounced back in their face. I'm considering switching Moonblast for HP Ice as it would still severely punish (mostly OHKO) dragons, while giving Lando T a nice dent (I will have to run the damage calculations to make a final call)

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 104 Atk / 176 SpA / 228 Spe
Lonely Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Wild Charge
- Brave Bird
Somewhere along the line I absolutely fell in love with mixed Scarf Koko (Kokonuts). There is very little more satisfying than seeing blissey switch into a Wild Charge or Brave Bird. The recoil really does pile up quick, so I have to keep a good eye on its HP at it is essential to keep it alive for the right moment for the next pokemon.

Hawlucha (M) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 92 HP / 248 Atk / 56 Def / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch
- Swords Dance
This thing ought to be illegal. I can not count the number of times it has swept out an entire team. For such an old set you would think people would be aware of its potential and plan something for it, but so often their only answer is sacrifice their thee PkMn with priority moves. Dropped Roost from the standard for Thunderpunch for two reasons. First, Lucha usually has the benefit of Electric Terrain granting it psuedo-STAB. The second is it is a sweeper through and through, and I feel it's somewhat counterproductive to carry a healing move on something that is 100% designed to OHKO numerous PkMn before they even move. This little bird/mexican wrestler is the team co-MVP

Toxapex (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 244 HP / 160 Def / 104 SpD
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
Ah yes, The Pex. And I'll be honest, I hate it. It's boring, and it just doesnt seem to actually so much. I've tinkered with its EVs and landed on a Balanced Defensive set, the reason being is its primarily here for Haze. I also find it bumping heads with itself running Scald/Toxic. I have the bad luck (or prediction) where I burn things I want to Toxic, and vise versa. I really want to move on from this thing, so I'm open to any and all suggestions

Serperior (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 168 HP / 16 Def / 56 SpA / 16 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Glare
- Leaf Storm
I used to think Specs Contrary Serperior was a monster, until I started using this. This set up is infinitely better. Being able to go from Stall SubSeednqith Glare support to a big time Sweeper when the moment is right has to be terrifying. This is the other co-MVP on the team. Hawlucha and this bad girl seem to be responsible for about half the teams victories.

Greninja-Ash @ Psychium Z
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
I know what you're thinking. "This guy is a crazy Noob running Psychium Z with Extrasensory on an Ash-greninja, but hear me out. I've noticed two of the most common switch ins it sees are Keldeo (OHKO by Shattered Psyche) and The Pex, whom doesnt like taking super effective Psychic Z-Moves of any kind. From there the moveset is coverage based as its primary role is a late game cleaner, so the variety is important for it to be able to finish out matches. One area of concern for me is Water Shuriken. While priority is nice, its damage output is alarmingly low (remember, no LO or CS) so I believe a change is in order. Hydro Pump is not really an option, as the last thing you want is your late game cleaners Hydro Pump to miss resulting in you dying and losing. I am strongly considering Surf. It has the essential 100 Accuracy, while still packing enough punch to KO what it needs to.

Much to my surprise this team has been very successful, among the most successful teams I've ever assembled (saying something considering ive played competitively since GSC except for a break in Gen 6). However, there is always room for improvement. Additionally, I would live to replace Toxapex with literally anything, so I'm open to suggestion.

Just wanted to point out that thunder punch on lucha doesnt get the boost from terrain cause he's a flying 'mon, and it doesnt really offer any good coverage
agreed. if you really want a 4th offensive move, i highly suggest running stone edge instead for zapdos, or drain punch for some passive recovery

agreed. if you really want a 4th offensive move, i highly suggest running stone edge instead for zapdos, or drain punch for some passive recovery
I have been cycling moves in that slot, and have gotten a lot of milage out of Drain Punch, so that's likely what I'm sticking with. This way I have a 100% accuracy Fighting move (HJK has always scared the hell out of me) and HP recovery as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)