SM OU RMT Mega Charizard Y Wallbreaker / Double weather

Hello! I use this team since the release of USUM, more or less, and it's the ONLY team that I have; since the creation I made some change speaking of members and/or moveset but I'm not really sure about the result, so I'm here for your opinion.
Edit: This version of the team was suggested to me by VerlisifySetsSuck

1541959218019.png
1541959229513.png
1541959248583.png

Rathalos (Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast

Well this is a classic moveset for this Pkmn: Roost for recover (damage of Stealth Rock more of the time), FlameT... ok for the STAB I've always had much doubts because FlameT have a good accuracy but doesn't allows me to do OHKOs that I could do if I use Flare Blast instead, but Flare B have less accuracy than FlameT and yes I know is 85 but I don't wanna risk. Solar B for OHKO Greninja and Mega Swampert, as all of you know under the Sun I don't need to charge. Focus B is the only way that I have to hit Heatran and Tyranitar... of course only when it hit.

1541959708881.png
1541959797055.png

King Bradley (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 44 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Ttar is the best partner for MCharY, with his ability I can change the weather in my favor without wait the end of one of those 2, his EVs allows me to survive from a +1 Bug Buzz's Volcarona (at full HP). Stone E and Crunch are the mandatory STAB and with Pursuit I can do OHKO against Char's check like Lati@s and Choice Iteam Tapu Lele (if is block into a Psych move) or other Pkmn like Chandelure/Blacephalon. Superpower instead of EQ because I've already have 2 EQ users (STAB) and allows me to OHKO Heatran and Chansey that wall my Char.

1541960208402.png
1541960228247.png

Medusa Gorgon (Tangrowth) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb

Since I like the "starter core" (fire-water-grass) I choose Tangrowth not only for this reason but because I needed a bulky grass type, Tangrowth fit this role better of others grass type in OU (ok maybe Venusaur wasn't a bad idea but I don't know... do you think that Venusaur AV is better that Tangrowth AV? Why?).
Generally Tangrowth AV have HP Ice and EQ instead of HP Fire and Sludge B but the first allows me to OHKO against Kartana for sure (without the rain) and do lot damage against Ferrothorn and Scizor and if Drougth is on more better ^^. Sludge B at least allows me to do several damage against Tapu Bulu and fairy-type. Giga D for hit and recover and Knock Off is much good against stall Pkms.

1541960818043.png
1541960841059.png

The Fool (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 Spe
Impish Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Mr. OU ladies and gentelman, 140 Speed EVs enable Landorus-T to outrun Modest Heatran, Timid Magearna and not speed invested opponent's Landorus-T. HP Ice to hit other Lando, Granchomp, Zygarde and any Pkms who suffer Ice moves. EQ STAB mandatory, Stealth Rock because... because he can and I have no other members in my team that suits that role as well, U-turn for momentum, "safe" switch etc. it's a good move in each team.
A guy suggested me to use Gliscor with Stealth Rock, Roost, EQ and U-turn instead of Landorus-T: yes! I like Gliscor more than Landorus, yes! Gliscor is more bulky than Landorus because can use Roost and with Poison Heal + Toxic Orb he can stay in game more than Landorus but I REALLY felt the miss of Intimidate so I've to return with Lando.

1541962216829.png
1541962235234.png

Lagann (Excadrill) (M) @ Steelium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

If Ttar is the best partner for CharY, Excadrill is the best partner for Ttar. Sand Rush + Jolly nature and Excadrill can outrun (during a sandstorm, of course) Scarf Greninja, Sword Dance to use in front of pkmn that canno't do anything against Excadrill like Tapu Koko for exsample or when I'm sure that my opponent's going for a switch, EQ and Iron Head are the best STAB and Rapid Spin for throw away Stealth Rock that can gives problems to my CharizardY and other thing that can go against my other PKMN like Sticky Web, Toxic Spikes etc.

1541962734258.png
1541962762000.png

Shirahoshi (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 16 SpD / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Defog
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast

Those EVs allows me to survive against SD Hawlucha because hey that annoying bird destroy my entire team, seriously when they think to nerf it? BTW Taunt because is always good in much situations, Defog because only Rapid Spin isn't enough, Nature's M always good against stall and Moonblast for hit dragon type and receive a boost from the Misty Terrain.

Black Kyurem, (broken) Seed Hawlucha, Definat Bisharp and Mega Mawile (more or less) cause much trouble for my team, also Toxapex is a big trouble too 'cause is another broken one. Generally I've problem against stall team but the real problem is that bore me just whenever I see one.

Last edited:
You didn’t even mention anyone helped you and you went and re RMTd it after getting help? Don’t do that.
My bad for not mention you, I've fixed hit. I appreciated your help since I kept the EVs on Ttar and the entire moveset for Excadrill but after using Gliscor I really needed that Intimidate, also I would like another opinion if is not a problem. I would have kept the old post but it was deleted.

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Hey there Axelio! This is a really cool team and Charizard-Y something I have personally been building around. There are a few things I would change though.

First of, and this is kind of trivial but I often forget too, is that your IVs can be perfect on Pokemon with Hidden Power in generation 7. So I would change the IVs on Landorus and Tangrowth to be 31 in each stat.

I would also change the item on Landorus to either Iapapa Berry or Leftovers. I say this because I feel like this Landorus needs some form of recovery to better check Zygarde, as your Tangrowth is not HP Ice, and having Tapu Fini as your answer to it is not optimal as many Zygarde teams will run a Hawlucha or some other physical threat besides it which appreciates chipped Tapu Fini (among other things of course).

By looking at the Speed Tier thread, I noticed that you can get away with running 300 speed with your Excadrill and putting the rest in HP. This may shift some damage calculations in your favour, and so may be beneficial in the long run. However, if you fear the opposing Sand Rush Drill matchup, then you can keep it the way it is, though you do have a defensive Landorus.

The problem with your Tapu Fini is that it cannot keep Stealth Rocks off the field against Heatran, which is one of the most common Stealth Rock users. That is because you are not running Surf. Calcs:
0 SpA Tapu Fini Surf vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 176-210 (54.4 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Tapu Fini Surf vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 176-210 (45.5 - 54.4%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Yes, not having Taunt isn't ideal, but not having Surf is even worse, as you need to keep Stealth Rocks off the field for the most part of the game.

Here is the edited version of your team with my changes.
Shirahoshi (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 16 SpD / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Defog
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast

Lagann (Excadrill) (M) @ Steelium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

The Fool (Landorus-Therian) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 Spe
Impish Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Medusa Gorgon (Tangrowth) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb

King Bradley (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 44 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Rathalos (Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast

As for your threats, Kyurem can't switch in to Fini, Charizard, Tyranitar or Excadrill, and so you can pressure it out of the game with those 4.
Hawlucha is played around by preserving your Tapu Fini. You have around an 80% chance to kill with Moonblast after Hawlucha takes Stealth Rocks damage, though you can invest more in Special Attack (40 is a 100% kill, but you can run less dependent on how lucky you feel).
Bisharp and Mawile are blown away by Charizard and Excadrill, so you have ways to outplay them.
Toxapex is annoying to deal with, but is pressured by Excadrill and Tyranitar.

I hope you enjoy :) If you have any questions, please let me know.

Last edited:
Diophantine thank you for the advises, I'll try them!

But I'm not sure about tha move's change on Tapu Fini: Heatran isn't a problem in my team since I've 2 figth moves and 2 ground Stab moves too.
Taunt, u know, is a good move not only against stall like Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Chansey, Toxapex etc. but it prevents annoying enemy's boost and/or substitutes.
What do you think?

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Diophantine thank you for the advises, I'll try them!

But I'm not sure about tha move's change on Tapu Fini: Heatran isn't a problem in my team since I've 2 figth moves and 2 ground Stab moves too.
Taunt, u know, is a good move not only against stall like Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Chansey, Toxapex etc. but it prevents annoying enemy's boost and/or substitutes.
What do you think?
I understand that Taunt is very useful, but what I meant about Heatran is that when it comes in, it can get Stealth Rocks up without being forced out by a hazard remover. Say, for example, your opponent brings in Heatran on your switch to Tangrowth (or even to Fini if he knows you're not Surf). He then gets rocks up and you are unable to remove them immediately with a Pokemon that doesn't lose 1v1 to Heatran.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)