SM OU RMT Mlopunny

Screenshot_2018-06-03-13-52-09_com.pokemonshowdown.app_1528026754757.jpg

My team is built around Mlopunny as I like it's speed and powerful attack (fake out+other atack).

The main physical attacker is loppuny. It has a common set up: fake out to deal some damage, hjk and return as stup moves and power-up punch to increase our attack if we kmow we can kill the pokemon.

Lopunny-Mega (M) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- High Jump Kick

Ferrothorn is one of the walls of the team. It has a common set up to resist spatck and iron barbs to resist atack (you can wear rocky helmet insteat of leftovers). Knock off to avoid leftovers and this type of objects.
Stealth rock are really interesting to deal damage and help loppuny to sweep all the team.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

The other wall of the team is toxapex, more physical than special. With a common set up and haze to avoid increasing stats.

Toxapex (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Haze
- Scald

Then we find tapu lele. With choice scarf to use it as a revenge killer helping loppuny. It also has a common set up to deal damage to pokemons with a low spdef.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Fire

Zapdos is a little bit bulk and it has defog to avoid spikes and that stuff. Heat wave as a cover.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Then I finally added lando, because it is really useful in that meta. Inmune to ground, you can throw stealth rocks if your ferrothorn died. Intimidation is also useful and it helps the team with the fire types debilities.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rockium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

The main idea is:
-To set the stealth rocks (ferro and lando) and toxic (toxapex) to deal damage and help loppuny to OHKO.
- 1wall for each type of attacker.
-lando as a support, to intimidate and inmunity to ground and electric moves.
-Toxapex and ferro (also to leech seed) immune to toxic, zapdos to thunder wave.
-Zapdos to avoid stealth rocks which difficults that loppuny swipes.
-haze to avoid boosting.
-tapu spatck.

PD: I'm really noob and I don't know to calculate if a pokemon resists or kills anotherwone.
I hope you can help me to finish and make some changes to the team.

Import:
Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

Toxapex (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Haze
- Scald

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Fire

Lopunny-Mega (M) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- High Jump Kick

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rockium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:

Algeria

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~
Run spikes over Stealth Rocks on Ferrothorn because you already have lando to set them.
Hazards Stack is a good idea too with Lopunny/Tapu Lele.

Then,I suggest you to replace Heat wave Zapdos by Hidden power Ice.
That helps you so much vs Zygarde especially the Sub one which is a big problem to the team.
You have some ways to manage with Scizor And Kartana unlike Zygarde.

If It was my team i would have replace toxic by tspikes on Toxapex but it’s only my personal opinion.

That’s a good team Good job!

Run spikes over Stealth Rocks on Ferrothorn because you already have lando to set them.

That helps you so much vs Zygarde especially the Sub one which is a big problem to the team.

If It was my team i would have replace toxic by tspikes on Toxapex but it’s only my personal opinion.

Changing hp ice by heatwave in zapdos is a really good idea, as I have hp fire with lele.

I've changed stealth rocks for knock of in lando because leftovers were so anoying, and gyro ball for knock off in ferrothorn because I really needed a steel move.

Then would you change spikes for stealth rocks?

Thanks bro!

Hey blackleg2001! Pretty interesting team you have there. It definitely seems solid, but I do have some issues with it. In this rate I will explaining my problems thoroughly, add some additional threats, and lastly cover the problems and threats mentioned. So without further ado, let's get started.

Overview:
The composition of the team seems pretty standard but is not bad at all. The most important aspects of a hazard setter, hazard remover, an
immunity, a relatively fast speed control are all being fulfilled. The main problem I have with the team is that some of the spreads are just not good, to be honest. Also, some sets are a bit outdated and might not work on the team. The last thing I would like to point out is that no
reists is being run, nor are you running the core of Wish Clefable + Landorus-Therian with Hidden Power [Ice] to check Zygarde. So all of that is mainly what I will be focussing on in this rate, generally improving the team without changing the main dynamics of the team.
What is your team weak to?
:
Probably the most obvious weakness of your team. Most importantly, it can take out Toxapex with the combination of Magma Storm + Taunt + Earth Power which is going to be one of your- if not the key- Pokémon in most of your games since it is the most reliable one you have. Additionally, if it finds itself in a position where it is in versus Ferrothorn, Heatran just gets chip off on one of your Pokémon (most likely one of your defensive Pokémon). Heatran is outplayable, however, as you can offensively pressure it with Landorus-Therian, Tapu Lele, and Mega-Lopunny which all outspeed Heatran. I think a better
type would help with the pretty bad Heatran match-up.
: Mega-Alakazam is also a huge threat to your team as it has the coverage to hit every Pokémon super-effectively except for Landorus-Therian which also gets hit pretty hard with Psychic. It is even more of a problem if it gets the boost from Tapu Lele's psychic terrain which you coincidentally have on your team. The way to cover it is to have a different/another speed control that can actually hurt Mega-Alakazam.
: The fact that you have no
resist really hurts in terms of checking Zygarde. The usually seen Hidden Power [Ice] or Ice Punch is not being seen on Landorus-Therian and Mega-Lopunny respectively, making it even harder to somehow tame this beast. I know it's centralizing as hell but that is something that needs to be covered as well as possible. I will not go out of the team's way and change one Pokémon that leads to another 2 changes, but I will be making sure that the team can, at the very least, better deal with it.
How can you improve the team?
Major Changes:
>
:
The only major change I am going to make. Alomomola is supposed to be the new anchor of the team. It is a huge nuisance to other teams with its ability to wish pass into some of the threats of your team while also spreading Toxic to then wear down potential threats with the combination of Wish + Protect. Bust aside from that it fits a certain defensive niche here with it being able to check Heatran and Zygarde in combination with the Landorus-Therian here, things that Toxapex couldn't accomplish. So all in all, I think Alomomola is a great fit on this team due to certain defensive aspects fulfills. *Just as a side information, you should normally run max Sp Def Toxapex for checking Pokémon like Ash-Greninja and Volcarona better.
Minor Changes:
> (
):
Let me start off by saying this: I don't dislike the Rockium set, I actually quite like it and it is able to break some stalls. However, it is not able to break all of them, especially the Quagsire + Tangrowth ones. Landorus-Therian gets chipped slowly while you cannot do anything against it at all. That is exactly why I am going with Tapu Lele instead. It has a pretty nice coverage versus a lot of the Pokémon on stall: Psyshock and Taunt for Chansey, Moonblast for Mega-Sableye, Quagsire, and Tangrowth. The only Pokémon you might have a problem with is Jirachi which is why I am going with Shadow Ball over Hodden Power [Fire] here, although you can keep Hidden Power [Fire] if you like. I personally think it's affordable because of the Zapdos which checks all the stuff that Hidden Power [Fire] from Tapu Lele would normally hit. The full set is therefore Moonblast|Psyshock|Taunt|Shadow Ball.
>
(
):
Since we removed the speed control of your team, it is time to find a new one. I chose Landorus-Therian as a speed control since it is a Pokémon that can actually hurt Mega-Alakazam with U-Turn and Earthquake and is in general a pretty nice soft check to a lot of the Pokémon in the tier. I have decided to go with Knock Off for general defensive utility but you can also run Defog or Stealth Rock on that slot if need be. I am running the standard spread for Choice Scarf Landorus-Therian here with the set of U-Turn|Earthquake|Knock Off|Hidden Power [Ice].
Nature Change [!] (
/
):
This might seem like a relatively minor point, but it's actually not. I'm pretty sure the nature of Zapdos was a misclick, but just make sure you have the right nature on a Pokémon. As for Mega-Lopunny, I wouldn't advise you to run Adamant on it because it needs the speed for Tapu Koko or Ash-Greninja to name some examples. Also, Ferrothorn isnt that annoying to be fair because you have a Zapdos which annoys Ferrothorn twice as much. All in all, just change the nature of Zapdos to Bold and Mega-Lopunny's to Jolly.
Conclusion:
The team before would be a team I would have played at the start of this year. Unfortunately, sets like Choice Scarf Tapu Lele or Rockium Z Landorus-Therian don't work as well due to the recent meta-trends of Quagsire, Jirachi, and Tangrowth all rising in usage. What I tried to do was to better out those sets while covering the weaknesses the team had. I think the team now should have roughly every aforementioned weakness covered too. However, new weaknesses you might have (taking out the usual Pokémon a team is weak to) are Pokémon like Charizard-Y, Tyranitar, and Kyurem-Black (The first of which has close to no counterplay at all, you have to predict the Flamethrowers and Solar Beams with Alomomola). If you have any questions or criticism concerning the team or this rate, feel free to tell me! Anyway, I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and have fun with the team!

Resources and Calculations:
252+ SpA Tapu Lele Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 108+ SpD Jirachi: 158-186 (39.2 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
Hey blackleg2001! Pretty interesting team you have there. It definitely seems solid, but I do have some issues with it. In this rate I will explaining my problems thoroughly, add some additional threats, and lastly cover the problems and threats mentioned. So without further ado, let's get started.

Overview:
The composition of the team seems pretty standard but is not bad at all. The most important aspects of a hazard setter, hazard remover, an
immunity, a relatively fast speed control are all being fulfilled. The main problem I have with the team is that some of the spreads are just not good, to be honest. Also, some sets are a bit outdated and might not work on the team. The last thing I would like to point out is that no
reists is being run, nor are you running the core of Wish Clefable + Landorus-Therian with Hidden Power [Ice] to check Zygarde. So all of that is mainly what I will be focussing on in this rate, generally improving the team without changing the main dynamics of the team.
What is your team weak to?
:
Probably the most obvious weakness of your team. Most importantly, it can take out Toxapex with the combination of Magma Storm + Taunt + Earth Power which is going to be one of your- if not the key- Pokémon in most of your games since it is the most reliable one you have. Additionally, if it finds itself in a position where it is in versus Ferrothorn, Heatran just gets chip off on one of your Pokémon (most likely one of your defensive Pokémon). Heatran is outplayable, however, as you can offensively pressure it with Landorus-Therian, Tapu Lele, and Mega-Lopunny which all outspeed Heatran. I think a better
type would help with the pretty bad Heatran match-up.
: Mega-Alakazam is also a huge threat to your team as it has the coverage to hit every Pokémon super-effectively except for Landorus-Therian which also gets hit pretty hard with Psychic. It is even more of a problem if it gets the boost from Tapu Lele's psychic terrain which you coincidentally have on your team. The way to cover it is to have a different/another speed control that can actually hurt Mega-Alakazam.
: The fact that you have no
resist really hurts in terms of checking Zygarde. The usually seen Hidden Power [Ice] or Ice Punch is not being seen on Landorus-Therian and Mega-Lopunny respectively, making it even harder to somehow tame this beast. I know it's centralizing as hell but that is something that needs to be covered as well as possible. I will not go out of the team's way and change one Pokémon that leads to another 2 changes, but I will be making sure that the team can, at the very least, better deal with it.
How can you improve the team?
Major Changes:
>
:
The only major change I am going to make. Alomomola is supposed to be the new anchor of the team. It is a huge nuisance to other teams with its ability to wish pass into some of the threats of your team while also spreading Toxic to then wear down potential threats with the combination of Wish + Protect. Bust aside from that it fits a certain defensive niche here with it being able to check Heatran and Zygarde in combination with the Landorus-Therian here, things that Toxapex couldn't accomplish. So all in all, I think Alomomola is a great fit on this team due to certain defensive aspects fulfills. *Just as a side information, you should normally run max Sp Def Toxapex for checking Pokémon like Ash-Greninja and Volcarona better.
Minor Changes:
> (
):
Let me start off by saying this: I don't dislike the Rockium set, I actually quite like it and it is able to break some stalls. However, it is not able to break all of them, especially the Quagsire + Tangrowth ones. Landorus-Therian gets chipped slowly while you cannot do anything against it at all. That is exactly why I am going with Tapu Lele instead. It has a pretty nice coverage versus a lot of the Pokémon on stall: Psyshock and Taunt for Chansey, Moonblast for Mega-Sableye, Quagsire, and Tangrowth. The only Pokémon you might have a problem with is Jirachi which is why I am going with Shadow Ball over Hodden Power [Fire] here, although you can keep Hidden Power [Fire] if you like. I personally think it's affordable because of the Zapdos which checks all the stuff that Hidden Power [Fire] from Tapu Lele would normally hit. The full set is therefore Moonblast|Psyshock|Taunt|Shadow Ball.
>
(
):
Since we removed the speed control of your team, it is time to find a new one. I chose Landorus-Therian as a speed control since it is a Pokémon that can actually hurt Mega-Alakazam with U-Turn and Earthquake and is in general a pretty nice soft check to a lot of the Pokémon in the tier. I have decided to go with Knock Off for general defensive utility but you can also run Defog or Stealth Rock on that slot if need be. I am running the standard spread for Choice Scarf Landorus-Therian here with the set of U-Turn|Earthquake|Knock Off|Hidden Power [Ice].
Nature Change [!] (
/
):
This might seem like a relatively minor point, but it's actually not. I'm pretty sure the nature of Zapdos was a misclick, but just make sure you have the right nature on a Pokémon. As for Mega-Lopunny, I wouldn't advise you to run Adamant on it because it needs the speed for Tapu Koko or Ash-Greninja to name some examples. Also, Ferrothorn isnt that annoying to be fair because you have a Zapdos which annoys Ferrothorn twice as much. All in all, just change the nature of Zapdos to Bold and Mega-Lopunny's to Jolly.
Conclusion:
The team before would be a team I would have played at the start of this year. Unfortunately, sets like Choice Scarf Tapu Lele or Rockium Z Landorus-Therian don't work as well due to the recent meta-trends of Quagsire, Jirachi, and Tangrowth all rising in usage. What I tried to do was to better out those sets while covering the weaknesses the team had. I think the team now should have roughly every aforementioned weakness covered too. However, new weaknesses you might have (taking out the usual Pokémon a team is weak to) are Pokémon like Charizard-Y, Tyranitar, and Kyurem-Black (The first of which has close to no counterplay at all, you have to predict the Flamethrowers and Solar Beams with Alomomola). If you have any questions or criticism concerning the team or this rate, feel free to tell me! Anyway, I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and have fun with the team!

Resources and Calculations:
252+ SpA Tapu Lele Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 108+ SpD Jirachi: 158-186 (39.2 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Thanks bro, your review was amazing! The only problem I found in 10 matches were charizard Y as you mention and fairys with calm mind. However, I don't really find alomomola really bulky and I see something I don't like in the team, it could be my lack of skill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)