Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

I've been having a little trouble with this team and would appreciate any help that you guys might have.
tapukoko.gif

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 104 HP / 12 Def / 176 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Tapu Koko is most importantly the terrain setter for Hawlucha. Even though that's his main job, he still has very good special attacking power. Thunderbolt is his main STAB and is even boosted by Electric Terrain. Also boosted by terrain, Volt Switch is a good pivot move. Hidden Power Ice is an obvious choice for weakening those common ground types (Landorus-T, Zygarde, Gliscor, etc) who won't expect it to live an Earthquake. Koko needs to live in order to set the terrain for Hawlucha so Roost restores that precious HP.

hawlucha.gif

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- High Jump Kick

Here's the star of the show. Hawlucha is a powerful sweeper (if he gets a Swords Dance up) and he is incredibly fast after he consumes the Electric Seed. Acrobatics is an very strong STAB for Hawlucha. Roost allows Hawlucha to stay alive longer in certain circumstances but should be used sparingly and only on Pokémon that can’t harm it. High Jump Kick is a ridiculously powerful STAB and is worth the risk of missing since the move has pretty good accuracy.

greninja-ash.gif

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Ash Greninja is powerful offensive Pokémon and Choice Specs boost it's Special Attack even further. It is a great revenge killer due to its high speed and priority in Water Shuriken. It's essential to get it to transform for it to do any damage because it doesn't do much damage otherwise. Hydro Pump is it's most powerful STAB attack that hits even neutral Pokémon for big damage. Dark Pulse is another good STAB that takes care of those pesky Psychic types. Spikes support is great to help out Mega Mawile and Hawlucha to OHKO Pokémon that normally would be 2HKO’d by their attacks.

landorus-therian.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Of course this guy is here. Landorus-T is a good Stealth Rock setter that can switch into most physical attackers. Earthquake is a good STAB that hits hard coming off of it's good Attack stat. Hidden Power Ice is for Zygarde and other Landorus. U-Turn provides a slow pivot to safely bring in other team members.

tapubulu.gif

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 60 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Nature's Madness
- Stone Edge

Tapu Bulu is very Specially Defensive with the Assault Vest which helps me be able to deal with special attackers. In addition to his bulk, Tapu Bulu hits very hard as well. It's Grassy Terrain ability helps Mawile be able to live ground type moves. Horn Leech provides good recovery and is powered up by Grassy Terrain. Wood Hammer is Bulu’s most powerful STAB but be wary of recoil. Nature's Madness allows him to wear down Pokémon he normally can't touch. Stone Edge is almost exclusively for Zapdos because he is a difficult Pokémon for this team to deal with.

mawile-mega.gif

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Mega Mawile is a powerful wallbreaker and Swords Dance boosts it's Attack to ridiculous levels. Mawile in its regular form has Intimidate to be able to switch into physical attacks. Play Rough is a strong STAB attack and is also it's only STAB on this set. Knock Off gets rid of the items obviously but hits hard on neutral targets as well. Sucker Punch is it's only priority move but it requires some predictions to use it effectively sometimes.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and I would appreciate any feedback you guys may have.

Mega-Alakazam and Mega-Medicham can do a lot of damage to your team. Alakazam is a big threat especially since it outspeeds your whole team except hawlucha when it has its unburden active. Alakazam can easily wither Bulu down and that leaves Mawile alone to check it.

So you might wanna add a scarf protean greninja to have an extra check to it.

Hi TacoChad, nice team. With bulu and mawile in the role of wallbreaker make a way for hawlucha and greninja sweep in late game. As u said, bulu with stone egde for dealing with zapdos better. But I see that the team still struggle with zapdos, doesn't it? So I have a suggestion for u, kartana>mawile. First kartana is faster than mawile, second it can deal with lando better than mawile which wall hawlucha a little, third Kartana work greatly with tapu bulu grassy terrain, just spam leaf blade. Crazy isnt it? Zapdos completely wall kartana, so why I give u this advice? This is a lure set! Dont believe me? Lets look at the set down here:

Kartana @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Giga Impact

or this

Kartana @ Darkinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Night Slash/Knock Off

This is how the set work: send kartana to mon it check (toxapex, ferrothorn, ...) then click sword dance while ur rival switch to zapdos. Then boom! Make ur rival surprise by KO zapdos with z move. The first set is also work well in dealing with others wall such as toxapex, tangrowth, ... +2 Z giga impact OHKO everything neutral with it. The second is quiet good but it never OHKO (without hazard) those mons I mentioned above. Here is the damage cal:

Knock off Zmove:
+2 252 Atk Kartana Black Hole Eclipse (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 272-320 (71 - 83.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Night Slash Z
+2 252 Atk Kartana Black Hole Eclipse (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 317-373 (82.7 - 97.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Kartana Black Hole Eclipse (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Toxapex: 271-319 (89.4 - 105.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery

+2 252 Atk Kartana Black Hole Eclipse (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 28 Def Tangrowth: 316-372 (78.2 - 92%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Giga impactZ
+2 252 Atk Kartana Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 452-532 (118 - 138.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Kartana Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 28 Def Tangrowth: 450-530 (111.3 - 131.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Kartana Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Toxapex: 385-454 (127 - 149.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery

Otherwise u can try band kartana if u dont like this weird set. That set work great in many cases but it isnt good at lure zapdos as well as this one.

One small thing I want to tell: put a little more evs in hawlucha speed stats. Why? That make sure that u outspeed hawlucha of the rival.

Hope this help. Btw good luck with the team ;]

Last edited:
Mega-Alakazam and Mega-Medicham can do a lot of damage to your team. Alakazam is a big threat especially since it outspeeds your whole team except hawlucha when it has its unburden active. Alakazam can easily wither Bulu down and that leaves Mawile alone to check it.

So you might wanna add a scarf protean greninja to have an extra check to it.
First of all, thank you for your suggestion. And for the Scarf Greninja should I just run the standard set or something different?

Hi TacoChad, nice team. With bulu and mawile in the role of wallbreaker make a way for hawlucha and greninja sweep in late game. As u said, bulu with stone egde for dealing with zapdos better. But I see that the team still struggle with zapdos, doesn't it? So I have a suggestion for u, kartana>mawile. First kartana is faster than mawile, second it can deal with lando better than mawile which wall hawlucha a little, third Kartana work greatly with tapu bulu grassy terrain, just spam leaf blade. Crazy isnt it? Zapdos completely wall kartana, so why I give u this advice? This is a lure set! Dont believe me? Lets look at the set down here:

Kartana @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Giga Impact

or this

Kartana @ Darkinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Night Slash/Knock Off

This is how the set work: send kartana to mon it check (toxapex, ferrothorn, ...) then click sword dance while ur rival switch to zapdos. Then boom! Make ur rival surprise by KO zapdos with z move. The first set is also work well in dealing with others wall such as toxapex, tangrowth, ... +2 Z giga impact OHKO everything neutral with it. The second is quiet good but it never OHKO (without hazard) those mons I mentioned above. Here is the damage cal:

Knock off Zmove:
+2 252 Atk Kartana Black Hole Eclipse (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 272-320 (71 - 83.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Night Slash Z
+2 252 Atk Kartana Black Hole Eclipse (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 317-373 (82.7 - 97.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Kartana Black Hole Eclipse (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Toxapex: 271-319 (89.4 - 105.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery

+2 252 Atk Kartana Black Hole Eclipse (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 28 Def Tangrowth: 316-372 (78.2 - 92%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Giga impactZ
+2 252 Atk Kartana Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 452-532 (118 - 138.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Kartana Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 28 Def Tangrowth: 450-530 (111.3 - 131.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Kartana Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Toxapex: 385-454 (127 - 149.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery

Otherwise u can try band kartana if u dont like this weird set. That set work great in many cases but it isnt good at lure zapdos as well as this one.

One small thing I want to tell: put a little more evs in hawlucha speed stats. Why? That make sure that u outspeed hawlucha of the rival.

Hope this help. Btw good luck with the team ;]
Thanks so much for your help! I think the Kartana idea is really interesting. I'll be sure to try it out.

First of all, thank you for your suggestion. And for the Scarf Greninja should I just run the standard set or something different?
I think the standard set should be fine. But if you feel like you can't hit something very well you can toss on a different move that fits your team better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)