ORAS OU Rookie stall team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I am like most Pokémon players, I just cant pick one team or one specific poke because there are so many to choose from. Well, I have my main offensive team but decided , hey ones not enough so lets make a few teams an have some fun, so I have an all offensive brute team and kind of wanted to take a step back and come at it in a different approach, a hazard condition stall team (idk the right name for the style lol )

so I've been looking at other team set ups to kind of guide me through this process and noticed people saying how good clefable is, so I wanted to focus the team around him to try him out
so here goes my team (1st draft)

Clefable @ leftovers
Ablility: magic guard
calm nature
EV: 252 hp / 84 SP D/ 172 Def

calm mind
moon blast
soft boiled
T-wave / flame thrower

he is my center point on my team, hoping to bring him in mid to late to set up with calm mind and periodically bring him in to hit a T-wave on the opponents fast pokes or choice users who threatn my team, leftovers is there for small bits of health back every turn, might opt out of t-wave and run flamethrower for my fire coverage

so then came another special wall

chansey eviolite
ability natural cure
bold nature
EV: 252 hp/ 4 SP D/ 252 def

wish
soft-boiled
seismic toss
toxic

he/she Is here as my special wall and cleric, soft boiled is for her own safety to regain health quickly, wish is to pass health to other team mates so we stay healthy, seismic toss is to help throw off substitutes o other pokes, while toxic was chosen over t-wave because chansey can afford to miss and t-wave is on clefable, toxic is meant for pokes who are naturally slow and I want t chip damage off while sort of trolling

now for physical wall and spike setter

ferrothorn (prickly)@ leftovers
sassy nature
iron barb ability
EV 252 hp / 88 def / 168 Sp D

spikes
protect
gyro ball
leech seed

he is my spike setter/ physical wall , he has spike for the switch damage hoping to cause switches in with my team. leech seed is to add additional HP in return while protect helps regain much needed health (after seed) my hopes are to have pokes poisoned / paralyzed and have damage steadily chipped off while regaining health through leftovers as well. while gyro ball can pack a punch especially to fairys

Medicham (froggy) @ medichamite
jolly
pure power
EV: 252 spd/ 4 def /252 atk

fake out
H-J-K
zen head-butt
bullet punch

he's here as my mega to finish off weakened and slowed pokes as well as chip off damage using fake out constantly switching in and out being passed wishes to stay healthy and giving free damage turns, bullet punch is for priority and fairy coverage and zen head-butt is a strong move w-th an added bonus of flinch chance which would just stack over paralysis/toxic. plus i have tried him out and his power is just immense.

Lando-t @ leftovers
intimidate
impish
EV: 252 HP/ 240 Def/ 8 sp D/ 8 spe
earthquake
u-turn
knock-off
stealth rock

he is here for my stealth rocker as well as defensive pivot using intimidate to my advantage against physical attackers, knock off is my some psychic coverage as well as eliminate annoying items such as choice users and leftovers, as well you can't have lando without earthquake STAB and U-turn to bring in other pokes (if I am slower I use him to bring in medicham for free fake out chip off)

my last slot is a mix up right now I have:

Gengar @ life orb
sassy
levitate
EV: 252 spd/ 4 spD / 252 spA

Shadow ball
will-o-wisp
sludge bomb
destiny bond???

hes here for my main psychic counter and fairy counter, although its a double edged sword because he can fall victim to a psychic and be put down fairly quickly, I have will-o-wisp for those strong physical attackers to try to knock them out of the game with some FIRE but I have a lot of status on this team so I would not mind changing his move set or Pokémon overall. sludge bomb is to murder fairies ( my last team was very fairy weak so I have some phobia of fairy)

on a side note legendaries are hard to obtain for my team as im on 3DS and most are unobtainable such as (keldeo, victini,etc ) basic ones I can get but please remember that when offering suggestion <3

I appreciate all the help and hope this team isn't too horrible

Ehy :)
Change the set on
in Unaware+CM for help you vs Manaphy and other Setupper.
The 248 HP investment minimizes residual damage, including from status and entry hazards. Maximum Defense investment is used so that Clefable can use physical setup sweepers, such as Garchomp, as setup fodder; however, Special Defense investment can be used instead to set up on special sweepers such as Quiver Dance Volcarona, Nasty Plot Thundurus, and Tail Glow Manaphy more easily. Leftovers gives Clefable gradual recovery to set up Calm Mind more easily. Unaware allows Clefable to boost in the face of setup sweepers, a perk it has over Magic Guard.
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Wish

Give Stealth Rock>Wish on Chansey because are more important for the team and Wish are useless with Soft Boiled
Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock

Medicham isn't a good mega for the stall team because need of more support, also the stall need to mega that support the strategy of the team. I think Sablaye>Medicham are a good option: Sablaye help you vs more offence sweeper and help you because don't not put the hazard on your pitch, also it causes difficulties for the opponent because it don't allow him to take off your hazard.
This spread has enough special bulk for Mega Sableye to switch into offensive Heatran variants while conserving enough physical bulk to handle most of the physical attackers Mega Sableye is used as an answer to, such as defensive Landorus-T, Tyranitar and Terrakion. Alternatively, a fully physically defensive spread is still an option if Mega Sableye isn't your answer to offensive Heatran or Gengar and would rather better switch into physical attackers such as Mega Metagross, Landorus-T, Bisharp and Garchomp. A spread of 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD with a Careful nature can be used if you aren't concerned about Heatran and is enough to switch into Gengar.
Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play

Landorus and in generally the pivot in this playstyle are useless. I think that Alomomola>Lando-T is a good option for the team and help you vs physical sweeper and spam the status.
Leftovers provides Alomomola with passive recovery, but Rocky Helmet is viable too, as Alomomola already has two means of recovery, one of which happens without the use of a move. Because of Alomomola's incredible HP stat, it is more beneficial to invest heavily in Defense and Special Defense. 36 HP EVs are enough to reach a Leftovers number. Special Defense is maximized because Alomomola needs investment there to perform as a mixed wall, and the rest of the EVs are put into Defense. Fully invested Special Defense with 36 HP EVs is much better than 252 HP / 252 Def because the overall physical bulk is around the same but Alomomola's special bulk gets much better.
Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald

Gengar is useless for the Stall team: I think that Excadrill>Gengar is a good solution:
While full HP and Special Defense investment might look odd on Excadrill, the EVs allow it to tank some special hits it otherwise couldn't, including some super effective ones such as Clefable's Flamethrower and support Heatran's Lava Plume. It is also able to switch into Draco Meteors from Latios quite consistently and can tank a Fire Blast from Mega Altaria if required. Some Speed investment in order to outrun standard Rotom-W, which normally hits 219 Speed, and hit it with Earthquake may be run if desired. Mold Breaker allows Excadrill to ignore Mega Sableye's Magic Bounce and hit Levitate users, such as Rotom-W. Leftovers gives Excadrill passive recovery.
Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

Hope help you! :)

Ehy :)
Change the set on
in Unaware+CM for help you vs Manaphy and other Setupper.
The 248 HP investment minimizes residual damage, including from status and entry hazards. Maximum Defense investment is used so that Clefable can use physical setup sweepers, such as Garchomp, as setup fodder; however, Special Defense investment can be used instead to set up on special sweepers such as Quiver Dance Volcarona, Nasty Plot Thundurus, and Tail Glow Manaphy more easily. Leftovers gives Clefable gradual recovery to set up Calm Mind more easily. Unaware allows Clefable to boost in the face of setup sweepers, a perk it has over Magic Guard.
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Wish

Give Stealth Rock>Wish on Chansey because are more important for the team and Wish are useless with Soft Boiled
Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock

Medicham isn't a good mega for the stall team because need of more support, also the stall need to mega that support the strategy of the team. I think Sablaye>Medicham are a good option: Sablaye help you vs more offence sweeper and help you because don't not put the hazard on your pitch, also it causes difficulties for the opponent because it don't allow him to take off your hazard.
This spread has enough special bulk for Mega Sableye to switch into offensive Heatran variants while conserving enough physical bulk to handle most of the physical attackers Mega Sableye is used as an answer to, such as defensive Landorus-T, Tyranitar and Terrakion. Alternatively, a fully physically defensive spread is still an option if Mega Sableye isn't your answer to offensive Heatran or Gengar and would rather better switch into physical attackers such as Mega Metagross, Landorus-T, Bisharp and Garchomp. A spread of 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD with a Careful nature can be used if you aren't concerned about Heatran and is enough to switch into Gengar.
Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play

Landorus and in generally the pivot in this playstyle are useless. I think that Alomomola>Lando-T is a good option for the team and help you vs physical sweeper and spam the status.
Leftovers provides Alomomola with passive recovery, but Rocky Helmet is viable too, as Alomomola already has two means of recovery, one of which happens without the use of a move. Because of Alomomola's incredible HP stat, it is more beneficial to invest heavily in Defense and Special Defense. 36 HP EVs are enough to reach a Leftovers number. Special Defense is maximized because Alomomola needs investment there to perform as a mixed wall, and the rest of the EVs are put into Defense. Fully invested Special Defense with 36 HP EVs is much better than 252 HP / 252 Def because the overall physical bulk is around the same but Alomomola's special bulk gets much better.
Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald

Gengar is useless for the Stall team: I think that Excadrill>Gengar is a good solution:
While full HP and Special Defense investment might look odd on Excadrill, the EVs allow it to tank some special hits it otherwise couldn't, including some super effective ones such as Clefable's Flamethrower and support Heatran's Lava Plume. It is also able to switch into Draco Meteors from Latios quite consistently and can tank a Fire Blast from Mega Altaria if required. Some Speed investment in order to outrun standard Rotom-W, which normally hits 219 Speed, and hit it with Earthquake may be run if desired. Mold Breaker allows Excadrill to ignore Mega Sableye's Magic Bounce and hit Levitate users, such as Rotom-W. Leftovers gives Excadrill passive recovery.
Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

Hope help you! :)

Ah I will definitely try those changes , although with unaware Clefable doesn't that negate all the status effects from boosted mons, as in calm mind pokes and quiver dance ? As well with all those status ailments do you think too many? Or keep them on if the other team has aromatherapy or other status healing moves? Never tried a stallish team so I'm looking for all insight

Much appreciated for other changes

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello Hey_duck , and welcome to Smogon!

Unfortunately, this RMT is currently not following the rules which can be found in the RMT Resource Thread; specifically, this thread violates rule #6, because you are only allowed to post one RMT every two weeks. As such, I am afraid that I will have to lock this thread for the time being. If you would like this thread to be reopened, feel free to PM me after the two-week period has expired, and I would be happy to reopen this thread for you. For further clarification regarding the rules, I recommend that you carefully read the RMT Resource Thread.

Good luck with your team, and have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)