RU RU Circuit Playoffs - Semifinals

op stolen from Expulso
Approved by Feliburn

Welcome to the second 2022 RarelyUsed Circuit Playoffs! The winner of this tournament will receive the 2022 RarelyUsed ribbon as a reward for their hard work and accomplishments this year!

Congratulations to you all for accomplishing this, and good luck in the playoffs!

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard Gen 8 RarelyUsed tournament.
  • This tournament will be SINGLE Elimination.
  • Rounds 1 and 2 will be Best of 3; the semifinals and finals will be Best of 5.
  • You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown; you must play on either Smogtours or the main server.
  • Replays are mandatory for each game you play! I recommend playing on Smogtours so that they are automatically saved. DO NOT HIDE YOUR REPLAYS.
  • Baton Pass Clause: Baton Pass is banned
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Moody Clause: Moody is banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages

1. Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  2. Scouting: Don't leak teams. Keep in mind when laddering and testing teams that you may encounter another player on an alt account; thus, I recommend not playing under your Smogon username. (I also recommend you use a different avatar then usual). I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching, and recommend you follow the aforementioned procedure and /modjoin or /ionext for all test games. Keep in mind that everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds of this Circuit Tournament.
  3. Timer Clause: Keep Battle Timer on for these games. I recommend playing on Smogtours. Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason; timer management is a necessary skill, and if you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. If you ask your opponent to turn off timer due to internet issues, etc., they can do so, but it is their right to refuse. I recommend that all such requests be made only if necessary; if it is necessary, notify your opponent before the series begins. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  4. Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences. Don't do it.

1. eifo - 1027.50
2. Alpha Rabbit - 820
3. Feliburn - 791.67
4. Floss - 767.50
5. GoldCat - 711.67
6. bb skarm - 701.67
7. DugZa - 665.00
8. TJ - 588.33
9. Beraldinho - 585.00
10. ProDigeZz - 556.67
11. kythr - 545.00
12. Xiri - 500.00
13. LBN - 500.00
14. TheFranklin - 475.00
15. Meru - 460.00
16. robjr - 429.17

The spreadsheet containing the full 2022 RU Circuit results is available here.

Huge shoutout to Nineveh for the amazing matchup artwork!

1672176610843.png

[1] eifo vs. [13] LBN
Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3 | Game 4

1672175552538.png

DEADLINE FOR ROUND 3 IS SUNDAY, JANUARY 8TH, 2023 AT 11:59 PM GMT -5. REMEMBER THAT THIS ROUND IS BO5.

Last edited:
Eifo vs LBN: Third time's the charm; though, I would say Eifo is a better player than LBN more seriously. Specifically I think he's a stronger builder
Feliburn vs DugZa: I think this one is pretty up in the air, both played well, used good teams (usually). I'm rooting for DugZa and would like to see them win, but it's hard not to give Feli the edge with his recent success.

Suzuya

Undertaker
is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
rooting for my friends DugZa and LBN, I’d love to see one of u with the RU ribbon so keep it up!!
I’ll cheering for you if you post ur schedules :D

Feliburn vs Dugza: I'm still cheering for Feli, but Dugza has had a surprisingly successful run in this tournament and look forward to what will be a good set.

Eifo vs LBN: Eifo has been doing super well, winning smoothly in round 1 and playing well in a close set against Beraldo. It's on LBN to win against what looks like the tournament champion here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)