RU Trick Room HO

Hello everybody! I made a new account for various reasons so i thought i would post a RU team thats not been doing too well lately. Trick room is very underrated in RU with all the slow pokemon that hit hard like escavalier. Thank you so much for reading, and now on to the team.

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Eruption
- Flash Cannon
I started off with mega camerupt because he's very slow and hits very hard. After a trick room, this magma monster is one of the fastest on the field. Earth Power hits drapion, a very common pokemon in RU. Fire Blast is there for STAB. Eruption is amazing as i move first normally so i keep all my health, which makes the damage devastating.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Calm Mind
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
The first trick roomer of the team. Not too much to say here, trick room as major support for all the other pokemon. Calm Mind is one I don't click too often and would be happy to change. Gyro Ball is the obvious attacking move, steal rocks is there for my only hazard setter.

Amoonguss @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spore
- Energy Ball
- Clear Smog
- Synthesis
I used this hideous mushroom back in the BW days and it did not disappoint. This is my first time using it in XY/ORAS. Spore is there for a very obvious move on him, you can't go wrong with a 100% sleep move. Energy ball for STAB, clear smog makes people rage quit after setting up a ton. Synthesis to make me even more defensive.

Escavalier @ Choice Band
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Drill Run
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Megahorn
Next, i chose escavalier as it hits many common pokemon such as drapion, slowking, and uxie very hard. Since he is insanely slow, he is perfect for this team. Megahorn is obvious STAB, drill run hits drapion, knock off knocks off items orly, poison jab hits the few fairies in this tier. Choice Band was an obvious choice for me to tear down all the defensive pokemon in this tier.

Diancie @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Trick Room
I needed another trick roomer and diancie is a perfect one. This is one of the few legendaries this low in the tiers, and she is a monster. Moonblast for STAB, Diamond Storm for STAB and raises my already great defenses, Earth power because wynaut, and trick room for obvious reasons.

Eelektross @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
I would be willing to bet everyone who has played RU has used or has considered using eelektross, especially in the BW days. A major thing that holds him back usually is his low speed, which makes him perfect for this team. Eelektross can go phsyical or special but i chose special. Levitate leaves it with no weaknesses as well. Pretty standard moves.

Thank you so much for reading! I look forward to seeing all of you guys' suggestions! Have yourself a good day! but above all else keep it shady

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hi nice TR team have some slight changes

First I suggest changing Calm Mind on Bronzong to Toxic this can cripple the oppent mon and doesn't make Bronzong a full set up bait. Second changing Electross to Emboar. Eelectross offers really nothing to the team so X enough already have fletch check in Diancie thier's really no use for it while Emboar is just an all around better wallbreaker thanks to its amazing coverage stab and coverage moves. Third if you decide to swap out eel you have no use for Mega-Camrupt seeing you already have a fire type I'd go with Mega-Abomasnow. Abomasnow is pretty much an amazing Wallbreaker for TR just like camel. Next change your Diancie to 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpAtk. Diancie doesn't need that much investment in attack since your mostly going to spam Moonblast and you can put the rest in HP for bulk. Finally, Trick Room doesn't need to be full just slow mons somtimes you want be able to set-up TR and having a fast revenge killer is always good so I was thinking Durant over Escavalier since it outspeed the entire ru tier and common choice scarfers like Medicham or Flygon.

Like I said pretty good TR team don't really see that much of Trick Room so it's nice to see somtimes:

Emboar @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Sucker Punch

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 164 HP / 92 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain

Diancie @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Trick Room

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- Baton Pass

Lord Death Man

i cant read
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I think that, if you opt to keep Camerupt, replacing Flash Cannon with Hidden Power Ice could be useful to help you handle Flygon - Camerupt already beats all targets of Flash Cannon because of it's typing. It has to have 2 speed IVs, but this should only matter in very rare mirrors. Abomasnow could fit but I feel that it brings in mons that TR can have trouble with, such as Escavalier and Bronzong.

I do agree that Emboar > Eel. Sucker Punch is a nice move for teams like this to have access to.

Evs on Bronzong and Amoonguss are not very efficient. I would especially change the ones on Bronzong, because it's low HP stat means that 2 points in HP matters much more than 1 point in each defense stat. Amoonguss is also very passive for Trick Room, giving up multiple precious TR teams, and I think you might benefit by replacing it altogether with another TR setter, such as Healing Wish Mesprit, or a fast mon that can clean after trick room runs out (Jolteon, Accelgor, Fletchinder, etc).

Reactions: rau

feen

control
is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
RU Leader
Heyo this is quite an interesting RU team, with a few questionable sets and Pokemon. Trick Room teams usually benefit from having wallbreakers that are slow and can take a hit or two. It is also appreciated that the team has a fast revenge killer in case it needs to beat something fast, and having Speed control is always good. Moreover, Trick Room teams usually have like 3 Trick Room abusers, and two hard hitters.

I don't understand why you're using that set of Bronzong, maybe you dont know that Gyro Ball is a Physically Offensive move, so Calm Mind is totally useless. A better situation would be letting Bronzong set Rocks, setup Trick Room and then give momentum to its teammates. So, running Explosion over Calm Mind, using a Normal Gem to increase the damage output, and changing nature to +Atk is definitely your best option.

over

As I have said, having two Trick Room Pokemon is quite bad for a Trick Room team. Eelektross doesn't seem to do much in this team as well, as I've stated, Trick Room is great with hard hitters, something which Eelektross isn't. Furthermore, Fire-types looks threatening to your team even though you have Diancie, because Diancie itself if LO and so cannot check reliably. Considering all these factors, the best option would be using Colbur Berry TR Slowking over Eelektross. Slowking can setup Trick Room, as well as be a dangerous hard hitter with Nasty Plot. Slowking also checks Fire-types and Colbur Berry helps you to not get Pursuit trapped.

over

Amoonguss isn't really a good Pokemon for Trick Room... It has mediocre offensive capabilities and thus cannot apply offensive pressure to the opponent, something which Trick Room teams do. Moreover, as I said, having a revenge killer is much appreciated on your team. Therefore, I believe running Jolteon over Amoonguss would be the best bet. Jolteon boasts at a Speed of 394, outspeeding stuffs like +1 Scrafty and Scarf Emboar, which are looking pretty dangerous for your team. You're also regaining the ability to hit Water-types and also have a nice Fletchinder check. One big disadvantage of Jolteon is that Mega Steelix can easily wall this, due to it resisting Jolteon's moves. Therefore, HP Water would be the best choice, as it lures opposing Camerupt too.

With all these changes, it looks like Special LO Sharpedo destroys you, so its better if you run Assault Vest Escavalier over Choice Band, because even without Choice Band, Escavalier is still a very hard hitter.

I'd also run HP Ice over Flash Cannon for Camerupt as stated by Lord Death Man, and suggest Substitute over Eruption, because Fire Blast hits almost as hard and it doesn't depend on HP. Substitute is very useful because Camerupt forces a lot of switches which makes you harder to be taken down if you can Sub properly.

Jolteon @ Zap Plate
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Shadow Ball

Slowking @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Scald
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Trick Room

Hope I helped! :toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)