Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chi-Yu & Flutter Mane

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Introduction

Welcome to my first RMT! I’ve decided to use an Annihilape Maushold team that has worked very well for me. This team uses the strong duos of Maushold and Annihilape and Chien-Pao and Dragonite, and Flutter Mane and Ting-Lu round things off. This team is pretty offensive, but Ting-Lu with Sand Tomb is a decent tank that functions similar to Garganacl. I've been enjoying using this team a lot, and I hope it brings you some victories too!

:Annihilape::Maushold::Flutter Mane::Ting-Lu::Chien-Pao::Dragonite:

Team Overview

:sv/Annihilape:

Whatsername (Annihilape) @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
Level: 50
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 180 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 68 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rage Fist
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Protect

Our first Pokemon is Annihilape. Pretty standard set. The main thing to call out is our EVs. With Regulation C, there has been some power creep, and we need good speed to keep up. Max speed lets us outspeed other Annihilapes and some other slower Pokemon. We don’t need a ton of attack because Rage Fist has huge base power anyway, and Bulk Up increases our attack and defense.

:sv/Maushold-four:

NobodyLikesYou (Maushold-Four) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Friend Guard
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 236 HP / 156 Def / 20 SpD / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Beat Up
- Feint
- Follow Me
- Protect

The second part of the Maushold Annihilape Core, Maushold is our main support Pokemon. Again, this is a pretty standard Maushold moveset. The one move to call out is Feint. When Annihilape is firing off Rage Fists, the last thing it wants to see is Protect blocking its attack. Maushold can break that Protect with Feint, and it can also break focus sashes, Multiscale, and the like. Our EVs ensure we are faster than Annihilape with decent bulk.

:sv/Ting-Lu:

St Jimmy (Ting-Lu) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 108 HP / 48 Atk / 32 Def / 252 SpD / 68 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stomping Tantrum
- Sand Tomb
- Heavy Slam
- Ruination

Here it is, our favorite Treasure of Ruin. Ting-Lu is sort of like Garganacl in that it sticks around and damages things with Sand Tomb. Heavy Slam beats Flutter Mane, Ruination for more damage, and Stomping Tantrum for STAB. EVs make us bulky, but still able to deal damage. Ting-Lu's job is to weaken enemy Pokemon for our attackers to KO, although you can also play it as a wincon.

:sv/flutter mane:

JoS (Flutter Mane) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 60 HP / 76 Def / 116 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Mystical Fire / Thunderbolt / Psyshock

Flutter Mane is incredibly common in Regulation C, but that doesn’t make it any less good. This is the pretty standard Choice Specs Flutter Mane with Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, and Shadow Ball. Our final move can be a lot of things. I like Mystical Fire to weaken Special Attackers and hit Amoonguss, but you can use Thunderbolt to beat Gyarados or Psyshock to beat Specially Bulky Pokemon. I’m a big fan of this EV spread for Flutter. It gives us bulk (as is common these days) but also has 252 speed EVs, allowing us to outspeed other bulky Flutter Manes, who don’t usually use this spread.

:sv/Chien-Pao:

HOLIDAY (Chien-Pao) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Spinner
- Sucker Punch
- Haze
- Protect

Chien-Pao is the second Ruin on this team. Ice Spinner and Sucker Punch are typical Chien-Pao moves. Haze is for Dondozo teams, or other teams that like to boost their stats. Chien-Pao is actually a bit more of a support Pokemon on this team, using Sword of Ruin to weaken opposing Pokémon’s defenses, clearing the way for Annihilape, Dragonite, and even Ting-Lu.

:sv/Dragonite:

BlvdBrokenDreams (Dragonite) @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Thunder Punch
- Stomping Tantrum
- Low Kick

Chien-Pao's favorite parter, the only non-Gen 9 Pokemon on this team, and my favorite Pokemon of all time makes an appearance. Dragonite's role is simple: Damage, damage, damage. Choice Band Tera Normal Extreme Speed with Chien-Pao on the field is nothing to scoff at. Thunder Punch gives us an answer to Palafin, while Stomping Tantrum beats Chi-Yu. Low Kick takes down Kingambit and even Tyranitar or Ting-Lu. I chose Tera Normal over Tera Flying to bring even more damage with Extreme Speed, though Tera Flying with Tera Blast over Thunder Punch or Stomping Tantrum is certainly viable. Multiscale gives Dragonite a little extra bulk, allowing for more turns of damage.

Pokepaste

With nicknames: https://pokepast.es/e8663f710304afa7

Without nicknames: https://pokepast.es/9716e5426952dd27

Replays (will add more)

Vs. Cybertron Snow Team https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9vgc2023regulationc-1856259307
Shows the power of some of the more unique aspects of the team, such as Mystical Fire on Flutter Mane and max speed
Annihilape.
Vs. Garganacl Ting-Lu Balance: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9vgc2023regulationc-1856471298
My Maushold plays weren't great, but this replay demonstrates the strength of Sword of Ruin support against bulkier teams
Vs. Indeedee Armarouge Trick Room: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1857655321-98pcqhflqcm0mem8l4orvnf4rjh9536pw
Indeedee Armarouge isn’t as popular as it once was, but it’s still present. Trick Room is usually pretty annoying for offense teams, but Ting-Lu and Dragonite are able to dismantle it.

Conclusion

Thanks for taking the time to read through my RMT! Feel free to test it out, and give it a rating if you would like. Any feedback is appreciated!

Last edited:
Aerial Ace is a very rare move, would fire punch be better/acceptable? Oh and there's ice spinner too for amoonguss.

At level 50 Maushold shouldn't have just 10(so 8) EVs anywhere, do 236 HP/ 252 Spe/ the rest in either defense

Thanks for the feedback! I’ve edited the Maushold EVs, and went with Thunder Punch on Dragonite to help against Palafin.

You can make your Maushold even bulkier!

Since the only move that isn't priority is beat-up, you only need to be 1 speed faster than Annihilape for the combo to work.
I think these spreads came from a Regulation B team
https://pokepast.es/e7daee8fbc323115

If you want to keep max speed ape and jolly maus, you can still have an extra 96 evs to invest in special defense or whatever

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)