Run-ins with the Police

What encounters have you guys had with the police? I've had a couple, none of them ended up with me being incarcerated or injured, so I'd consider myself lucky in that respect, but I do have some friends who've been tased or found themselves on the receiving end of a wood shampoo.

I've run from the police once, when I was out tagging with a friend. One of the most exhilarating experiences of my life. I wouldn't call it fun, but my heart was going like a mile a minute, and I was running in basically a full sprint for at least 500 metres, during the course of which I vaulted two fences, before I even began to feel fatigue. It was crazy. I don't think the police even chased us.

I told this whole story somewhere else in the forum, but the Police busted one party I was at, and hilarity ensued.

I was stopped and questioned/frisked about something in relation to a shoplifting at town centre once. This was kinda scary 'cause I was totally innocent, but I mean I did have some incriminating substances on me. I'm not super-familiar with the law, but I do know that police don't have the right to search you unless you're under arrest, but also that they go ahead and do it anyway and there's basically no way for you to stop them.

So they frisked me and I held my hands up and complied, but kept repeating "I do not consent to this search." I've been told this is the best thing to do because it nullifies any evidence they find on your person, but again I'm not an expert. Luckily, my chronic was in my wallet, and they didn't check it.

I've had a few more, but none quite as serious as those. What are your guys experiences with the po-pos?

When I was 2 My brother opened the front door, and I crawled outside and kept on going. 20 minutes later a police cop found me and returned me to my house :D

My friend was pulled over, guns drawn, by the cops. Apparently the McDonalds he tried to go to at midnight was robbed...they thought he was the robber, got him outta the car and on his knees. It was good times.

1. i used to have a terrible dial up modem that whenever we had a phone message (dialtone goes doot-doot-doot-doot) it would randomly call 911 since our ISP's phone number was like 391 2165 or soemthing and the dialtone would make it skip a digit somehow.
then we'd get on the internet and of course the police would try and call us back and not get through so they'd come to our house and ask us questions. i thoguht it was hell of cool (age 14)

2. i was running around in circles to keep myelf warm waiting for a taxi in a really random industrial disctrict after a loft party and cops pulled up ad were like wtf dude

apart from that not much ^__^

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I have quite a few, my favorite one being how I lost my driving license for the first time.

It was dark and I was going pretty fast back home on a one lane 70 limit road when a car started following me from really close.

I was wondering what the fuck his problem was considering I was already driving way over the limit, at about 100-110 but he was still near bumping me like I wasnt going fast enough. So I accelerated up to 140 and he just kept accelerating as well.

The thing is, I somehow never realised it was a police car so he just flashed his lights and I got a huge ass ticket and lost my license.

And it wasnt a ghost car or anything, it was a regular police car, I have no clue how I managed to not see that.

The policeman was actually pretty nervous when he came to my window, hand near his gun, asking me to put my hands so he could see them. He had no clue why I just accelerated and didnt slow down when I saw him like regular folks would.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Heh, well mine wasn't particularly bad, it was more them asking me questions about something that happened, but it still scared the shit out of me to actually see them come to the door to ask me questions since it was the first time that had ever happened to me.

Basically, what happened was that I was just coming from a pleasant outing to the mall and I was walking home when these two dudes in a van who seemed to have a very thick russian accent or something asked me something. I'll refer to them as Guy #1 and Guy #2.

"Excuse me, do you have a cell phone?" says Guy #1.

I was completely caught off-guard being asked this question by some complete stranger in a van, but not knowing what to do, I said yes out of sheer stupidity.

"Can you call 911? There is someone stealing money from our bank account in the mall. Please, this guy is known on the interpole (whatever that is), this guy is dangerous, you need to call 911." says Guy #2.

I hesitate, but I say ok and I call...but then I hang up right away because I was scared out of my mind. Then 911 calls me back 2 seconds later asking me if there was a problem. I start trying to explain these people's situation, since they claim that they can't speak english very well, but then when the 911 person started asking me more questions, I really cracked under the pressure here. I tell the strangers to use my cell phone, which was probably an incredibly stupid idea now that I think about it, but surprisingly, they did not steal it, but the guy talking on it did cover up his mouth with his jacket to muffle his speech (why he did that is still a big mystery to me), and explained what was going on, then he gave me back the cell phone and drove away fast. At this point, I think everything's alright, they didn't try to hurt me, I'm fine, so I decide to go back home.

2 hours later, the police come to my house for my mom (the cell phone was under her name but she let me use it whenever I wanted), but then I see what they're talking about and I confess that I had the cell phone. They start asking me lots of questions. I was scared out of my mind while they were asking them...surprisingly, they were actually being nice though. I had always imagined police officers as assholes, but these ones in particular were nice and actually gave me advice on what to do if something like this happened again.

Heh, so yeah, not a bad experience, but still taught me a lesson to stop being so nice to everyone.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Whenever I get pulled over for anything I say "sup" I think they take pity on me for trying to sound young and hip when I am clearly old and not hip at all, and always let me off with a warning..

Either that, or I am just really pretty or something.

Have a nice day.

There was a stolen / abandoned car in a car park quite close to my house. So me and a few friends decided to go and play around inside of the car and to start jumping on it.

About ten minute into this a police car came round the corner and they basically asked us what the fuck we thought we were doing. took our names and addresses, then told us to fuck off while they took the car away.

I guess we only did it as we were 11 years old and thought it would be a lot more fun then running around throwing stuff at houses or knocking at peoples' doors then running away.

Had a lot of police encounters when I used to skate too. My personal favourite was the time when some guy who worked at the place we were skating at stole my skateboard and ran off with it.

He then phoned the police as my friends were still skating outside, when the police came they did him for theft then lectured us about why we shouldn't be skating in 'public places'.

Only other time was a few days after I passed my driving test and I got pulled over for a 'routine' details check.

This summer the police questioned me for drinking beer with my friends since I'm under age. They didn't do anything though, mainly because it was in Russia.

One of these "you had to be there" things.

I was on Elba with my family for two weeks with some traveling organization, and this organization would organize all sorts of activities for kids, grown-ups and everything inbetween. This involved things varying from going out to windsurfing, but one of their most awesome things was the ghost trip.

Basically, they'd set out a bunch of their people plus some parents on a route we have to walk along, in the dark. At the start of the route one guy would jump out of the bushes and shock the hell out of you, then tell everyone a scaryish story and then you walk along the road (where the story would have happened) while the story is being recreated, sort of. The parents and co-workers would do things like coming up from behind with sheets over their heads or use fake knives or just be creepy in general...you get the idea.

Anyway, I was there for two weeks and the second week program sort of was a repeat of the one of the first week, but because these guys are awesome they made up a new story. And while this guy called Peter was telling the story, he was wearing some sort of white make-up to make his face look scary and his cap on. It looked pretty suspicious how he was talking to like 10 of us "kids" ranging from 14 to 18 years old or so. Then out of nowhere this cop car drives up, stops, two officers get out and one of them gunpoints at Peter, being like "hands up" and "freeze". Peter got scared as shit and did as they said, and the officer like charged his weapon.

And then officer grinned and was like "it's okay, it's Halloween" then laughed. Quite a gay joke to pull on someone who's never been gunpointed before, but it was hilarious for the rest of us.

By charged do you mean cocked, or was it some kind of taser? Where is Elba and what are the police armed with?

Once me and friend pretended to rob a cornershop, but the owner locked himself in a back room, and activated some system that lock the place down. We couldn't leave, and when the police arrived they threw us against the drinks fridge. We were both fined £120 each and charged with attempted robbery. I was pretty pissed becuase we were "armed" with fingers under our jackets looking like guns. We did have hoods up and scarves around our faces though.

I was driving 55 MPH over the speed limit on the freeway. Cop pulled me over and arrested me. The fine was $7500.00 :(

The only time I've ever been in the same room as the police is when the D.A.R.E (Drug Abuse Resistane Education) officer came in fifth grade to talk to us about how drugs and alcohol were BADDDD.

I was driving 55 MPH over the speed limit on the freeway. Cop pulled me over and arrested me. The fine was $7500.00 :(

I always knew you were reckless, what with letting your wife play the DS for so long. Holy crap, 7500...you shoulda just fellated the cop right then and there and been done with it. HA.

As for my story...well a guy smashed my windsheild cause my car has a Calgary Flames sticker on it (and I live in Edmonton, our rival city). My cousin gave him the beat down for about 2 seconds, then it broke up. I called the cops to sort things out and they arrested everyone but the windsheild breaker!!! I was charged for assault for: Not beating a guy up, breaking up a fight and being a victim. Suffice to say the charges were infact dropped on the grounds of being "completely retarded".

norulz

excellent
Funny story, me and some friends decided to hang out in the park after we went to Burger King, there were 4 of us including me, we were bored and thirsty so we went to a nearby fountain to drink, some girls (ages like 12 to 14 or close to that) were there and it was mine and my friends' impression that they were flirting with us, we didn't want anything to do with them though, so we walked away.

After a bit of walking we find one of those swings built for kids, we decide to crash and hang out there, then suddenly this woman passes and goes like "You teenagers should be more responsible, those were meant for kids, not for you, you're above the age limit on those!", We all laughed and acted as if we ignored the woman, a bit later this guy who looked like a professional hit man (seriously the guy was fucking scary, with a leather jacket and sunglasses) tells us we should leave those swings immediately and go play somewhere else, we refuse and tell him he isn't the boss of us, he flashes out his badge and goes for the gun (I mean seriously, we were 4 but he could take us down easily [and I can only assume the woman called him]) and asks us if there were going to be trouble, we froze and he asked us for our IDs, we were very close to being arrested but the cop decided to let us go and never return to those swings, fucking close!

A bit later as we were all going home the girls from before decide to discretely follow us (at least they though so, they kept laughing like little pixies trying to steal honey from a bear which made us notice them) that's when we realized they really were trying to get the nerve to talk to us.

Some months ago I was walking back to my car after my math class with a friend, and we got to this empty residential area right next to the school so I told my friend I'd skate up ahead and come back, because I wanted to skate a bit on the clear street. After I finished, I started walking again and I noticed some fat bald guy walking in the same direction we were, just across the street. Fast forward three blocks and he's behind us, still following us, speaking to someone on his cell phone with a headset. Few more blocks, he's still there; the following street was somewhat slanted so I went ahead of my friend on my board, and when I get to the bottom I turn around and see my friend on the floor and about three cop cars next to him, while another comes up to me and tells me to go back up to where they were at.

Apparently that fat jackass had called the cops and told them that we had tagged on his house and shit, and so we got to answer questions and look like retards near our school for about twenty minutes. The cops weren't being assholes or anything, so we just answered their questions and when they saw we didn't do shit they just let us go. Of course, not without telling us we were going to jail first, and then going "haha just kidding" on us. Fuckers.

2. i was running around in circles to keep myelf warm waiting for a taxi in a really random industrial disctrict after a loft party and cops pulled up ad were like wtf dude
When I was 2 My brother opened the front door, and I crawled outside and kept on going. 20 minutes later a pokice cop found me and returned me to my house :D
Both of those made me laugh in real life.

My story isn't exactly an encounter with the police, but w/e. My best friend's dad is a cop. We go to a concert, and concerts mean underage drinking, smoking, and marijuana. He is off-duty, but is staying at the concert. Just imagine what was going through his mind. *Underage drinking, marijuana, alcohol, marijuana, marijuana, alcohol, marijuana, marijuana, marijuana*

Got served with two anti-social behaviour notices (three and I'dve had a court summons and an ASBO, haha), one for being drunk and disorderly (I nearly got arrested for that one), one for "possessing alcohol in a prohibited area" which was just fuck, I was walking through a park having just bought a couple of bottles of wine. Cunts.

Other than that they busted a free party I was at, gassed everyone and let the dogs in on a very drunk and confused bunch of entirely harmless partygoers, havn't been to one since.

Umm I'm pretty clean, the only times I've encountered the cops were at birthday parties for the same guy. One when we were like 14 and riding down their driveway with skateboards and the other for playing football in the nearby school lot. We were 16 then.

Just as the cop pulled up, I was getting tackled and almost ran into the car. :x

"Shit you kids just playin football huh? We gotta call that there was a GANG FIGHT here." -drives off-

Oh and both times they came because some bitchy old white neighbors called up to complain.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Was playing football in the street once, got pissed off and literally launched some lad into a parked car, leaving a massive dent in the side. The owners of the car had caught it on camera and pressed charges against me. Fortunately, the camera angle didn't really show the whole picture and I was able to deny it and say the guy "tripped on the kerb and fell into the car." They couldn't track down the other kid, so I got NFA'd. I still have the cassette from my interview. :D

That's all I've got really. Had quite a few police confrontations beside that, but that's the only time I ever actually got caught. :x

I'm a good kid for the most part.

All of my run in's with cops are a result of me doing something stupid behind the wheel. I believe that i have been pulled over 8 times, ticketed 3 times, and got out of 1 of them. I have 7 points on my license which in short means my next run in with the cops might be my last for a very long time.

Also, when I walk around the street in 15 degree whether at 2:30 in the morning listening to my ipod, cops will randomly stop and ask, "are you cold?"

Only time the cops have been called on me is when I was at a party and playing football a golf course. Good thing I left before the cops actually came.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)