BW - DnB vs hs
Bo3 - mncmt vs TonyFlygon

you're all so good oml

Last edited:

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Greedy Glastriers(4) vs (4)The Deranged Hustlers

SS - Adaam vs rylon - It's hard to bold against Adaam off the back of his recent results, being 4-0 this tour and still in seasonal. I've also really liked his teams, and they show some variety (although I'd note 100% Noivern usage). His teams are usually pretty offensively inclined, and I expect him to be able to control the pace of the game against rylon's bulkier balances. However, I'd note that Adaam usually has pretty flimsy fighting resists, so if rylon is able to have the momentum then something like a scarf/LO Mienshao could pressure Adaam heavily, which is definitely well within rylon's own skill-level.
SS - Expulso vs watashi - I believe watashi is the more reliable player out of these two which leads me to favor them, although only slightly, as even though Expulso (I think) has a better grasp on meta as he is a mainer, having looked at watashi's teams there is nothing there to build off of at all. There's been huge variety in his team choices, although the last two teams have been lacking a solid fire resist. Expulso's teams have also been good, seemingly favoring a pretty standard defensive core with an unexplored breaker slapped on, excluding his webs HO brought vs Sabella.
SS - PinkDragonTamer vs Enzo Gorlami - I favor PDT here although I don't really know Enzo's skill level, mainly because Enzo hasn't played ru much at all afaik, which usually shows in subforum team tours imo. There also is barely anything to use in the builder for the Hustlers either, possibly lack of ghost resists, being Zarude week 1 & 2, which negates the prep advantage they couldve had.
SS - Kink vs Skysolo - Skysolo has been on a run of losses lately, but so has Kink, so I favor Skysolo to turn it around here as they have more experience within SS RU. Again, the lack of playing could favor the Glastriers though, as Skysolo's teams have all been pretty slow which could make it so a medium fast breaker like specs Duraludon, Necrozma, or one of the guts mons could pressure Skysolo's team heavily.

SM - eifo vs Pohjis
ORAS - Meru vs Kushalos - meru wins if kush brings one of his standards, but they themselves are no slouch in oras according to Meru.
BW - Amukamara vs Pujo
BO3 - lighthouses vs robjr

Sleepy Snorlaxes(4) vs (4)Mighty Mudsdales

SS - gorex vs Nat - I really like Nat's play and I think that she'll be passed a team which makes it tough for gorex to prep as the Mudsdales have 3/4 SS builders I believe. gorex isn't bad though, not at all, and he'll def be motivated to not go 1-3 as the manager and I think that the skill-gap between gorex and Nat makes it so the matchup will play a big factor, so it'll be a close game either way.
SS - Decem vs TheFranklin - arce is 9-0 in the latest team tours, and having teamed with him in RUWC, ik that his teams are super flames, and he often builds 3-4 different teams a week which makes it really difficult for Decem to accurately gauge what will be brought by arce. Decem is also a good player though, having knocked me out of ssnl he can def put an end to arce's run, but I just can't bold against him right now.
SS - Thiago Nunes vs SOMALIA - SOMALIA has been doing better than tnunes this tour, basing off the records alone, but as I've noted a couple of times, I think that meta-knowledge and practise has a huge part to play, although SOMALIA is definitely motivated and knows how to play and build SS. His teams are really cool as well, being pretty offbeat and not really conforming to the meta, which could definitely swing this matchup both ways.
SS - Askov vs ProDigeZz - ProDigeZz is definitely a dangerous opponent, and he got some good wins in ssnl over Ajna as well as beating aqua which shows that they know how to build for their opponent, which is a huge part of these games imo. I really like the Mudsdales' SS support, as well as having several tour veterans for a newcomer to the RUPL stage. Askov is a good player though, so, again, this'll be a close game largely dependent on the mu.

SM - Yay vs Splash
ORAS - Star vs Ajna (fwiw i woulda bolded Ajna)
BW - Finchinator vs Windsong
Bo3 - shiloh vs Feliburn

Xmas Xurkitrees(3) vs (5)The Bebo's back! Barbaracles

SS - odr vs GoldCat - odr is 2-0 in SS and GoldCat hasn't been having the best of tours this time around, by his own standards, however, there are definitely tells in odr's building that GoldCat can take advantage of. GoldCat is a good player too though, and is an extremely creative builder, which can easily be enough to pull of the upset. I must also note that GoldCat himself also has some ways of being prepped for, for example not having a ghost resist in any of the four teams he has used.
SS - ojr vs Bebo - Bebo is the better, and more experienced player and with gk's (guldkatt) building support I don't think its likely that ojr will be able to close the skill-gap in the builder, although Golurk would match up well if Bebo brings a team without a ghost resist, which he has done in two of his games.
SS - bugzinator vs Ark - I think the effort plays a huge part, and basing it off bugzi needing a sub last week, it seems like they don't care much about this tour, which I think will show in the game, even if they get passed a team to pilot. Ark will most likely also be asked to pilot a gk team, although this is basing off of Bebo in ru disc and could definitely just be mindgames. I do think Ark will care more though, which I think will be the difference maker.
SS - GW vs tlenit - cant bold against my tutor. But in all seriousness, I think I've lost every ru game I've played against tlenit, and his teams are really sick and innovative, which goes a long way by itself. However, I also believe tlenit is the better player, although just slightly, which will make it really hard for GW as tlenit has the edge in meta-knowledge and play.

SM - Gondra vs Jaajgko
ORAS - Xiri vs Garay oak
BW - DnB vs dcae
Bo3 - mncmt vs TonyFlygon

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Very even tour so far, I think any of these teams could be the winner. Good luck to all!
pls link these games and tag @matches in the RU discord when they happen <3
additionally, pull up to discuss the games, i feel like that always makes the tour more hype & exciting!

last week: 12/23 :mad: sorry to the Dadas and Hustlers for only predicting 2/8 of ur series right LOL

Noble Noiverns(4) vs (4)Dabbing Dadas

SS - vivalospride vs Jmash - Perhaps an odd prediction to make since Viv isn't really an RUer and Jmash mains the tier. However Viv is a pretty solid player, i think he's generally good at getting passed teams in these tiers he doesnt main -- last nupl i remember he was 3-1 in ss and def couldve been 4-0. random anecdote but enjoy. meanwhile jmash def tries a lot of sleeper mons which I like a lot, but it's always important to support those ideas well; for instance, his dragon spam struggled a ton vs maki's stakataka 2 wks ago, something that a dragon spam should def be prepped for. cheering for jmash to do well, though!
SS - Yaily vs Lunala - Similar to above, Lunala's a more skilled player, tho unlike viv also one who primarily focuses on ru. (yea shut up abt wcop we know italy carried u). I remember when I was newer I struggled a lot vs her in random stuff like RUgged mountain; she isnt easy to predict and generally uses solid stuff, tho the dads' ss results had been lacking until this week. Again I also love Yaily! But this definitely won't be an easy opportunity for him to get on the board.
SS - Serene Grace vs umbry - This one's pretty much a tossup, honestly; Serene is 3-1 and umbry is 2-1, serene lost last week but prob has slightly more impressive wins overall (gw, pdt, goldcat) than umbry (ojr, skysolo). im picking umbry based off of her winning last week, the dadas seeming to do better in SS, and sensei taking some time off for verns this week, but as i said it could easily go either way. gl to both!
SS - atomicllamas vs SoulWind - SW is 1-3, though his 3 losses have come against opponents with records of 4-0, 3-1, and 3-1 respectively; he has had one of the harder SS draws. Llamas has gone 2-1 in ss vs a slightly easier schedule, (no shade or anything!). I just realized that these records arent rly playing into my prediction LOL so ignore that but hope u enjoyed the read. I think Llamas will win, this is a v important week for verns and dadas are more comfortable in 2nd. also idt i've loved SW's teams
SM - ima vs Luthier - Good for Luth to get out of SS, where he's had a lot of bad luck. I think ima's good in this tier as well but the dadas will have more sm support and Luthier is prob a slightly better player in these lower tier tours
ORAS - Killintime vs Chaitanya - Chait just wins in oras ru man every single time. Beast.
BW - Lilburr vs Aeroblacktyl - Aero did finally win last week, gj, lily lost when i predicted her to win, but idk ill predict her again. Man im sorry i rly dont have much to say abt the BW predicts
Bo3 - Punny vs TDK - Punny's undefeated in bo3 so going with him. TDK's used an awesome Toxtricity + spikes team in SS that we def stole at some pt (ik robjr stole it) (also i think lax was the first to use it?) thas honestly all ik abt him this tour. Srry this commentary isnt better!!

Sleepy Snorlaxes(3) vs (5)Mighty Mudsdales

SS - gorex vs Nat - Nats rly good, gorex in ss ru has been p off lately (and I think nat's a tough opponent for anyone). Her wild techs can do a great job at exploiting standard, which seems to be the likely bring from gorex.
SS - Decem vs TheFranklin - Despite being 1-3 I def think Decem's a good contender to get an upset, he's into R12 winners of UU Masters and won for r11 of ru (losers) vs mac3 today. Clearly hes doing p well in lower tiers rn. However in the team tours TheFranklin has been 9-0 across RUPL / RUWC which is incredibly impressive. His skill ceiling isnt the highest in this tour, in fact i'd say it's about middle of the pack, but he might have the highest floor; he's extremely consistent and rarely misplays. This is really helpful in these sorts of matchups vs an opponent that's also solid. decem can do it but Franklin is def favored due to the consistency mentioned above + the Mudsdales having more SS builders (Decem dont u DARE use my samples in this tour)
SS - Thiago Nunes vs SOMALIA - not too much to say abt SOMALIA in SS, I think thiago nunes is prob more comfortable here & thus will be better able to make plays. (plus he has alternated wins and losses so this week he's due for a win). Also im just bolding tnunes a lot because i lost to him in this tour and lost in NU for discord pl D:
SS - Askov vs ProDigeZz - The PRODIGY himself. I think Askov was robbed last week, or at least unfortunate to some extent. However ProDigeZz got on the board with a huge win over previously undefeated Serene Grace; that + Mudsdales' greater building strength makes me give him the bold.
SM - Yay vs Splash - Pretty even skill-wise, Splash hasn't played this slot in the past 2 weeks and ik he's busy this week, otherwise i'd be tempted to call the upset. Yay is 3-0 with wins over tough opponents like Gondra and Pohjis
ORAS - Star vs Ajna - happened
BW - Finchinator vs Windsong - Finch has done well in BW this tour, breaking the curse and winning 3 straight after losing week 1. I cant say more rly SRRY im too new but gl to windsong in bw
Bo3 - shiloh vs Feliburn - Shiloh is 4-0, which is excellent, but I think Feliburn is one of the most likely people to pull off the upset and end the streak. He's very motivated and can build for himself and play well in all of the Bo3 tiers. I think Punny, who defeated Feli in his bo3 debut last week, is slightly stronger than shiloh. (A high bar -- both of these players are quite talented). Another tough opponent this week but I believe in Feli to get on the board in Bo3 this time around.

Xmas Xurkitrees(4) vs (4)The Bebo's back! Barbaracles

SS - odr vs GoldCat - ODR pulled off a tough comeback win versus a terrifying Toxtricity last week; after losing both his Bo3 series, he seems to be comfortable in SS, though the fact that the team was that Toxt weak may be an issue if he can't maneuver crazy well every time. He's against a pretty experienced opponent this week in GoldCat, who has to some extent struggled - his only wins came against opponents near the bottom of the SS pool (no shade to anybody, just an observation). ODR is def favored here but may need to step it up in prep / the builder.
SS - ojr vs Bebo - Going from PDT to Bebo is definitely a tough sequence for ojr; he now has to face someone who's actually good (l2p PinkDragonTamer). Jokes aside, ojr brought a much more standard team vs pdt and struggled to create pressure; will he return to his style of loading up on out-of-the-box breakers? I definitely hope so. bebo's team looked very threatening and also standard, i actually checked my builder to see if i built that at some pt, lool, rhyperior noivern zarude has been such a solid core past month or 2. Idk if i have many thoughts on bebo's teams but he's a very good player, tough draw for ojr but he could def load something that lets him nab the upset
SS - bugzinator vs Ark - Favor bugzi if he stays in, if bugzi gets subbed out the xurkitrees' subs are fairly solid too (natan, evigaro). Bugzi was absent last wk sadly :/ ark's team was cool tbf, ID BP metagross is a new one and seems very much up his alley stylistically. Im just more of a believer in bugzi (if he shows) but Ark used some really cool techs, if he wins this week i'll def be a fan :blobwizard:
SS - GW vs tlenit - Very strong performance by tlenit, whose insane Scarf Golurk tech hit perfectly vs Thiago last week (as did Salac Heracross and what I believe was a Banded Zarude?). He's 2-0 this tour on top of some solid wins in RUWC - encouraging stuff! Meanwhile GW, whom I was high on at the start of the tour, has sat out for a few weeks; I have no idea how involved he's been in building this time around, presumably not very?
SM - Gondra vs Jaajgko
ORAS - Xiri vs Garay oak - Xiri got to even last week but Garay is a top 3 in this ORAS pool for sure. He took his first loss to Star last week, who was also undefeated - I trust him to win again vs Xiri because of how convincing he's been in the rest of the games this season. Some of the sets/mons he used vs Star (LO Venu, a omastar and archeops archetype) were a lot more wild than his previous teams this season, I'm curious whether he'll keep experimenting or revert to standard this week.
BW - DnB vs dcae - DnB's the ultimate BW tier tryhard etc., getting him at 3k was for sure a steal by Evi. He's 3-1, losing only to Finch, who just beat dcae last week. I give him good odds to out-build/prep Dcae, who is a very solid player but also one less invested in BW RU.
Bo3 - mncmt vs TonyFlygon - the Evis haven't won a Bo3 series this tour, though that might have changed this week if Air Slash connected in his SS game. (No guarantee, though). Meanwhile, Tony has also struggled and is starting 1-3. He'll also probably be busy with SPL because his Wolfpack are in the finals. However, i believe all of his series have been quite close? he's also always gonna try for these types of tours, and I trust him more than mncmt, who might not try much for this given that the evis are in last rn

GOOO GLASTRIERS! LETS NOT TIE THIS WEEK...

I play watashi at Sunday 1:30 pm gmt-4, will add our other times to bottom of this post when more ppl schedule. Gl hustlers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)