Sandstrom and Hail on the Same Team.

CTI

black
This team has really worked out for me, but still needs a bit of tweaking.

At a Glance:

Hippowdon@ Lefties
Impish
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
~EQ
~Stealth Rock
~Roar
~Slack Off

My lead. I can usually get down SR because a lot of people lead off with the incredibly slow bronzong, then I usually let it sleep me since that is hippowdon's main function for my team. Usially counters Metagross, a major problem for this team.

Gengar@ Life Orb
Hasty
136 Atk / 156 SpA / 216 Spe
~Explosion
~Shadow Ball
~ThunderBolt
~Hidden Power Ice

Instant Blissey killer, unless they protect when I try to explode :x Can clean up weakened steels like brozong and jirachi, who gives me problems. I also explode on troublesome foes if I have problems with.

Abomasnow@ Choice Band
Adamant
252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spe
~Ice Shard
~Wood Hammer
~EQ
~Focus Punch

I chose these EVs because I want it to be able to take hits [I'm looking at you, YacheChomp] and deal large amounts of damage back. Ice shard OHKO's various forms of chomp, and 2HKO's its Yache form. This is basically a knockoff mamoswine, but If I add mamoswine to my team, I'd have to replace a lot of stuff, It does not offer a ground/water resist, plus it does not bring auto-hail, which powers up Hidden Power Ice and Ice Beam for my teammates.

Heatran@ Lefties
Mild
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 6 HP
~Hidden Power Grass
~Overheat
~Earth Power
~Explosion

Kills shit that my other teammates can't. This is basically my main/only steel killer, as well as swampert destroyer. Explode on stuff I don't like.

Spiritomb@ Lefties
Bold
252 Hp / 116 Def / 140 SpD
~Substitute
~Wil-O-Wisp
~Shadow Ball
~Pain Split

For its EVs I basically just moved around the EVs on its starter set and gave them to it's defences. Deoxys-E Counter as well as heracross, Lucario, and others. If I can, Sub on Bronzong, Wil-O-Wisp, and procede to attacking. Convince me to change the nature to Careful.

Deoxys-E@ Expert Belt
Naive
160 Atk / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
~Superpower
~Ice Beam
~Thunderbolt
~Psychic

Standard Deoxys. Kills SO much, and can sweep entire teams if they aren't prepared to counter this. Cleans up what my team has left behind.

Ok, so that's the team. Before you say anything, I know I have a Metagross weak, and basically a steel weak i general if Heatran dies early game. Deoxys-E can possibly sweep is spirtomb dies early game as well. This team CAN use some improvement, so help me please. :(

Hail doesn't increase the power of Ice Moves. Only the accuracy of Blizzard.

Perhaps try Celebi over Abamsnow. Thunderwave could really aid your team, and Leech Seed works well with Stealth Rocks. Additionally Celebi could make a great SR lead since it has Natural Cure, meaning if Bronzong uses Hypnosis it can simply switch out. Also if so, you can replace Hippowdon with Tyranitar. Celebi takes Water, Fighting, Ground, and Grass hits, while Tyranitar takes Fire, Flying, Dark, Poison, and Ghost hits. Heatran also covers Celebi's Ice, and Celebi/Tyranitar's Bug weaknesses. Gengar also works well since it is Immune to Tyranitar's/Heatran's Fighting, and Ground weakness, not to mention it also resists Poison, Bug and Grass.

All in all since you already use Heatran/Gengar, I suggest Celebi/Tyranitar over Hippowdown/Abamasnow.

Celebi could use Recover to stay in longer and isn't weak to SR, like Abamasnow is.

Otherwise there is Gyarados who packs Intimidate and Ice Fang, and a Ground Immune/Water Resistance (and Thunderwave).

There is also a concern for Wish support since 1/2 your team gets hit by at least 1 weather.

If you are going to take my advice with Gengar/Heatran/Celebi/Tyranitar, you should probably opt for a Wish Passer. I know you mentioned you are Metagross weak, so perhaps: Vaporeon. Vaporeon absorbs Water for Heatran/Tyranitar, and is resistant to Metagross' Ice Punch and STAB Meteor Mash, and can pack a powerful Hydro Pump. With Wish, HP Electric, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, you can handle Garchomp/Gyarados and hit things hard that are nuetral like Lucario with a Hydro Pump.

The great thing about Vaporeon is that Celebi can sponge its weaknesses (Grass and Electric), and even Gengar can take weaker Grass hits.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What exactly does Abomasnow influence positively for this team? It seems to me that it's in the team doing absolutely nothing. Setting up Hail is a disadvantage. I would use Celebi instead, personally; as previously mentioned. Although you can use an entirely new feature that would synchornize well with the rest of the team; whether it be offensively or defensively. Perhaps Garchomp, as his physical dominence is an established trait in its game. He will work extremely well with Sand Stream, as too bringing forth some monstrous attacking options from the physical side of the spectrum; which I daresay is an attribute you're lacking in. Choice Scarf varients are fine, but I suggest the Swords Dance moveset to enihalate opposition. The standard spread is easily searchable on the main site on its own analysis.

If you add Pursuit onto Spiritomb's moveset - preferably over Substitute - and alternate the EV spread and nature, you will be able to trap Deoxys and Gengar additionally, which is far greater than simply threatening them when the opportunity of taking them both out of the game is an option. You see, your Gengar would much prefer maximum Speed to compete fairly against other Gengar, but cannot due to the lack of EVs. Also, Deoxys commonly runs Shadow Ball with its Speed maximized, so that's ensuring victory against your own Deoxys. In conclusion, Pursuit Spiritomb would trap both Deoxys and Gengar opposition in favor for your own Gengar and Deoxys, both no longer would have to worry about going one-on-one.

The EVs and moveset for Spiritomb should be engineered into the standard, located here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19179 - First set on its respective analysis.

Finally, Heatran with Hidden Power [Grass] is unnecessary. Swampert is understandably uncommon, where as Garchomp and Salamence are not; so replace Hidden Power [Grass] for Dragon Pulse. Dragon Pulse also synergizes well with a Fire-type move for exeptional attacking coverage.

I think he could do this:

LEAD Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Nature:
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- Leech Seed
- Thunderwave / Stealth Rock

Stop Opponents cold with Thunderwave. Leech Seed to cause more switches and Thunderwave more opponents. Grass knot hits Grounds immune to Leech Seed hard. Watch out for Electivire.

Vaporeon: @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpA
Nature: Modest
- Wish
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Hydro Pump

The max HP EVs make up for the lack of a Bold nature, and assist Vaporeon in taking Special Attacks, moreso than the standard 188 HP spread. Since it uses Max HP, Vaporeon can afford a Modest nature, granting it more KOs with Ice Beam, and allowing it to 2HKO Lucario with Hydro Pump (does about 70%-75% damage) as well as Magnezone and Metagross. Hidden Power Electric also does about 68% which is great when you factor in Stealth Rock and Sandstorm (Since Sandstorm hits first, it does kill Gyarados before Leftovers is factored in).

Tyranitar: @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Nature:
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Stone Edge is for Gyarados, Specs Salamence and Zapdos.

Use the Standard Gengar (Life Orb), and give Heatran Stealth Rock if you use Thunder Wave on Celebi. Keep Deoxys the way it is.

Spiritomb isn't that helpful since Tyranitar already deals with Psychics with Pursuit. Hippowdown is replaced by Vaporeon, and Celebi replaces Abamasnow.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hhjj, that's changing the team completely. I know that sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures, but I feel that such a suggestion isn't necessary.

My main reason for replying once again was to ensure that CTI understands that Modest remains the superior choice over Mild. The damage dealt to Blissey, for example, is not a significant difference when using Mild over Modest. Therefore, I believe it's much more sensible to opt for Modest once again and leave the defensive stats alone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)