scampy's stuff

Yay for another physicsmon. I'm definitely liking your ideas here scampy.

I really like your super-defined shading style. It gives a unique and very recognizable flair to your work.

I'm also wondering what type the atom pokemon are.

Thomthom? I think Helithom or Hidrothom fits better. Also, my miskate was ridiculous. It was B+2 and not Be+2

Buffalo_Wings

Abnormally Cruel
is an Artist Alumnus
Thomthom? I think Helithom or Hidrothom fits better. Also, my miskate was ridiculous. It was B+2 and not Be+2
Thomtom after J.J. Thomson, like Ruthom after Rutherford and bohrthom after Bohr.....right? Damn I thought it was pretty good haha. How 'bout a quark prevo then..

Haha yeah, they're named after Rutherford and Bohr. : )

Ok, this is part of my entry for a Fakemon competition on another forum. The challenge is to draw a grass/dark evolution line. Although I have yet to complete it all, I do have the basic...

I'll have the evo line complete soon : D

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Hi scampy. I can't believe I haven't posted here yet. Everything in this thread is aweome. It's nice to see this kind of art once in a while. My favorite is the seed Pokemon. Keep up the good work. :)

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Haha yeah, they're named after Rutherford and Bohr. : )

Ok, this is part of my entry for a Fakemon competition on another forum. The challenge is to draw a grass/dark evolution line. Although I have yet to complete it all, I do have the basic...

I'll have the evo line complete soon : D
Man your drawings really are awesome, I've never seen somebody draw like this before.

rory

T^T
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
scampy, your art continues to amaze me. Perhaps the only thing that surpasses your amazing creativity in thinking up these fakemon, is the amount of precision that they posses, especially on the completely non-digital medium of pen(cil) and paper. I can't wait to see the next evolution!

Yea, nice evo line so far man. Kinda reminds me of the shiftry line (maybe thats good thing since they're both grass/dark).

Rocket Grunt

✁ - - - - - - - - - -
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Dude, these are all really great. I like how you use your darkest darks as your outline color, kinda like comic books or something. Also, you're using white as a bright highlight, but your eye sort of fills in the rest of the color for the viewer. It's like Ken Sugimori's earlier Pokemon drawings when he was still using a lot of watercolor, only you've got colored pencil. Really nicely done, bro.

Thanks for all the good words and praise everyone!

Here is the final evolution of my Grass/Dark line. Its name is Juggernut, although that is something I will definitely change as it's supposed to be a defensive Pokemon :T

I included a rough sketch of it in a defensive stance, so you can see how it uses its arms to block attacks (and why the top two have an odd shape). Sorry for any page stretches lol

Scampy, thats really awesome. I think the Grass line has sort of been neglected (of cool pokemon) in the Pokemon games, but you have made what would be a great addition to the type. I think the "odd" shape of the top wing/arm things adds to it's coolness.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I like Bohrtom the most, if only for the fact its head looks exactly like Megaman X. :)

The coloring of your latest pics is great as well. You might not even have to traverse into digital medium. ;o

Juggernut is awesome!! Do you think that you could provide stats and attacks for it? I would think it would look like this 90/110/125/90/115/70 Yes it's stat total is 600 i was planning that but when i checked the total was 600 so there's finally a grass type psuedo-legendary (ie. salamence, metagross, tyranitar, garchomp, and dragonite) and maybe grass type will be more popular! :)

I will get around to doing things digitally eventually, I'm just still messing around with this style. Being able to edit out some of the mistakes I make in hand drawn stuff (particularly ink blotches) would be awesome. I need a new tablet too, I have an old one I bought second hand from a friend but the pointer tends to shake around a lot :(

I never really thought about stats, but I suppose it would have quite a lot of HP because it's fat (lol), decent attack as it's pretty beefy, high defense, low special attack, average special defense and low speed. Maybe something like,

110/95/105/60/80/60

Its signature attack would be something defensive, so maybe some kind of physical grass attack that has a chance of raising Juggernut's defense stat.

I've thought about Bohrtom's stats and abilities though. As it's an Atom Pokemon, I thought having an "unpredictable" theme would be pretty cool. It would have two abilities, Levitate and something called "Half Life", which doubles Bohrtom's special attack stat but halves its current HP after each attack is performed. So it could either be a defensive tank or frail sweeper, depending on the ability.

Propemore would just be an ass like Jumpluff I guess XD

Rocket Grunt

✁ - - - - - - - - - -
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Yo man, I think that the drawings you did of alternate venomoth, swampert and flygon are awesome. Like, the way you use your darkest dark to fill in a heavily shaded part of their bodies sort of reminds me of like, marvel comics a little, haha. I think it'd be really ill if you would maybe color those guys in?

I just noticed I basically already said this in another post, haha. Oh well.
Keep up the awesome, man.

Did I miss this thread for a month and a half?

yeah...

Sweet drawings, man. I really admire your dedication to the hatching style of shading. It takes patience, but you end up with very classy results.
I'm likin' baby Juggernut and your bugs.

Harshest CC? uh...I guess the explosion is a little symmetrical.

Scampy, as far as Juggernut goes, I'd suggest

150/90/120 (125?) /20/80/65

He looks big and tough. 105 base defense isn't that much, so a boost was needed. With his toughness, he looks like a big physical attacker but somewhat on the dumb side, which is why his special attack is abysmal. I'm too lazy to explain the other stats so I won't.

And for Jugger's ability, go with one that ups its defense stat when it's below 1/3 HP.

He should totally learn pursuit. If you brought him in against a physical sweeper, they'd have to switch out to put a dent in Jugger. Hence pursuit.

Juggernut looks like....

125/104/95/80/70/65 (speed last)

Total of 520 or so, I think 519.

Just looks right to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)