SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Yes, it's based on Carnival Samba dancers... Specifically the female ones. AKA "Queens".

As a Brazilian, all I can say is... It's just a fucking mess man.

GF made a Spain-based region with 2 starters referencing Mexico and Brazil, the Brazil one being extremely half-baked because they picked the most recognizable Carnival dancer style, but it's the most aggressively female design possible for a mon that has an 87.5% male ratio.
That's just poor research.
It’s a Pokémon.

Wait, did the patch fix the evo methods for all the Hisui mons?
No, but iirc while all the other hisuian mon have a evo method, just "unknown", Basculin was actually linked to the wrong mon so Basculegion would actually result as a single staged mon without a pre-evo.

Yes, it's based on Carnival Samba dancers... Specifically the female ones. AKA "Queens".

GF made a Spain-based region with 2 starters referencing Mexico and Brazil, the Brazil one being extremely half-baked because they picked the most recognizable Carnival dancer style, but it's the most aggressively female design possible for a mon that has an 87.5% male ratio.
Carnival is also huge in Spain though, albeit every region has differences. One also has to consider that in birds the frilly adornments, dancing, etc. are either male things or done by both sexes. Honestly I consider Quaquaval to be pretty neutral in appearance compared to the likes of Primarina. It's design is just a somewhat humanoid duck/peacock/coot (the beak and feet) hybrid with flamboyant mannerisms that I've seen a number of times in Japanese media in men and women that are meant to be quirky but also sultry or suave..

No, but iirc while all the other hisuian mon have a evo method, just "unknown", Basculin was actually linked to the wrong mon so Basculegion would actually result as a single staged mon without a pre-evo.
Stantler, Ursaring, Scyther & Overqwil are the only ones with the "unknown" method

Basculin's worked it just pointed to an egg so uh, good thing they fixed that.

Growlithe-H?
Level: 0
Condition: ITEM
Parameters: [3, 0, 0, 0]
Species: Arcanine
Form: 1

Fire stone, as per usual. Form 1 = Hisui Arcanine

Voltorb-H?
Evolutions:
Parameters: [6, 0, 0, 0]
Species: Electrode

Leaf stone

Sneasel-H?
Evolutions:
Condition: SOUBI_NOON
Parameters: [49, 0, 0, 0]
Species: Sneasler
Form: 0

Razor Claw in the day time

Zorua-H?

Evolutions:
Level: 30
Condition: LEVELUP
Parameters: [0, 0, 0, 0]
Species: Zoroark

Level 30

Sliggoo-H?
Evolutions:
Level: 50
Condition: WEATHER_RAIN
Parameters: [1, 0, 0, 0]
Species: Goodra

Unsure what the Parameter is for (normal Sliggoo doesnt have that), but Rain at level 50 still loud & clear

Quilava, Dewott, Dartrix, Petilil, Rufflet, Goomy, Bergmite don't have methods for evolving into their Hisuian evolutions but that's expected because that's how it works for the Alola & Galar forms in that situation as well (ie: Pikachu has no method for evolving into Alolan Raichu).

Carnival is also huge in Spain though, albeit every region has differences. One also has to consider that in birds the frilly adornments, dancing, etc. are either male things or done by both sexes. Honestly I consider Quaquaval to be pretty neutral in appearance compared to the likes of Primarina. It's design is just a somewhat humanoid duck/peacock/coot (the beak and feet) hybrid with flamboyant mannerisms that I've seen a number of times in Japanese media in men and women that are meant to be quirky but also sultry or suave..
Gotta agree with this. I love Primarina and Quaquaval, but Primarina is SO MUCH MORE FEMININE. Flamboyant =/= Feminine, and goddamn, Quaquaval is just beautiful.

The steps themselves are the feminine ones.

The design itself is amazing. I was like "Water Blaziken! Let's go!" when I first saw it.

I'll just reset for a female one, Quaquavar looks like a blast gameplay-wise.

Definitive answer - are transfer moves in or out? Even when home comes out, Bisharp will lose Knock Off right?
Definitive answer - We won't know until Home.

I feel like this is another "Curry in England? Wtf" situation because a simple google search does indeed show Carnival is a big deal in Spain. I was going to post images but I dont want to push buttons with the uh...revealong content.

Birds are usually the opposite, the feminine qualities of being bright, colorful, and dancing while being quick on their feet is common with males, while the females are the dull, boring grays or blacks that decides their mate based on the males performance. I'm more annoyed at Primarina being such a high male ratio. Even delphox can kinda be rationalized as a wizard if you have a male one.

It's nice that we have recipes for Sparkling Power, but the next thing that people should work on is Raid Power (increased drops from raids). We could use that for farming Herba Mystica itself (assuming that it's not used in the recipe), as well as Tera Shards and other high leveled items.

Stantler, Ursaring, Scyther & Overqwil are the only ones with the "unknown" method

Basculin's worked it just pointed to an egg so uh, good thing they fixed that.

Growlithe-H?
Parameters: [3, 0, 0, 0]
Species: Arcanine

Fire stone, as per usual. Form 1 = Hisui Arcanine

Voltorb-H?
Evolutions:
Parameters: [6, 0, 0, 0]
Species: Electrode

Leaf stone

Sneasel-H?
Evolutions:
Condition: SOUBI_NOON
Parameters: [49, 0, 0, 0]
Species: Sneasler
Form: 0

Razor Claw in the day time

Zorua-H?

Evolutions:
Level: 30
Condition: LEVELUP
Parameters: [0, 0, 0, 0]
Species: Zoroark

Level 30

Sliggoo-H?
Evolutions:
Level: 50
Condition: WEATHER_RAIN
Parameters: [1, 0, 0, 0]
Species: Goodra

Unsure what the Parameter is for (normal Sliggoo doesnt have that), but Rain at level 50 still loud & clear

Quilava, Dewott, Dartrix, Petilil, Rufflet, Goomy, Bergmite don't have methods for evolving into their Hisuian evolutions but that's expected because that's how it works for the Alola & Galar forms in that situation as well (ie: Pikachu has no method for evolving into Alolan Raichu).
So what does the evolution data look like for the 4 that don't work?

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Honestly as much as I was annoyed at first that a starter for an iberian region is pretty blatantly brazilian, the dex entries do at least make that less of an issue by making it clear the Quaxly line is not actually from Paldea but rather from "distant lands"

Having a starter based on a country colonized by the region's inspiration still is a bit sketchy but its at least miles better than people wanting Quaxly to turn into a straight up colonizer named Quackistador lol

They have a generic UNKNOWN evolution method which still marks them as eviolite and egg-move eligible, but doesn't actually let them evolve.
Are they all the same or are there differences between them? Also if the Meltan line is in, does it have an unknown method?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)