SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I REALLY wanna try to figure out some of these unknown move flags.

Unknown_56Recover, Soft-Boiled, Rest, Milk Drink, Morning Sun, Synthesis, Moonlight, Swallow, Wish, Slack Off, Roost, Shore Up, Life Dew, Jungle Healing, Lunar Blessing
Unknown_57Whirlwind, Sand Attack, Tail Whip, Leer, Growl, Roar, Sing, Supersonic, Disable, Leech Seed, Poison Powder, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, String Shot, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Hypnosis, Mimic, Screech, Smokescreen, Confuse Ray, Poison Gas, Spore, Cotton Spore, Spite, Scary Face, Sweet Kiss, Spikes, Lock-On, Charm, Swagger, Mean Look, Attract, Encore, Sweet Scent, Torment, Flatter, Will-O-Wisp, Memento, Taunt, Helping Hand, Trick, Role Play, Yawn, Skill Swap, Feather Dance, Fake Tears, Metal Sound, Tickle, Block, Healing Wish, Acupressure, Power Trick, Gastro Acid, Copycat, Power Swap, Worry Seed, Toxic Spikes, Heart Swap, Switcheroo, Stealth Rock, Guard Split, Power Split, Soak, Simple Beam, Entrainment, After You, Heal Pulse, Quash, Reflect Type, Sticky Web, Parting Shot, Fairy Lock, Play Nice, Confide, Aromatic Mist, Eerie Impulse, Hold Hands, Baby-Doll Eyes, Strength Sap, Speed Swap, Instruct, Tearful Look, Tar Shot, Magic Powder, Teatime, Court Change, Life Dew, Corrosive Gas, Coaching, Power Shift, Spicy Extract, Revival Blessing, Salt Cure
Unknown_58Guillotine, Fissure
Unknown_59Guillotine, Mega Kick, Horn Drill, Sing, Blizzard, Poison Powder, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, Thunder, Hypnosis, Smog, Sweet Kiss, Zap Cannon, Dynamic Punch, Iron Tail, Sheer Cold, Dragon Rush, Focus Blast, Magma Storm, Inferno, Hurricane, Bleakwind Storm, Wildbolt Storm, Sandsear Storm
Unknown_60Guillotine, Horn Drill, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Confuse Ray, Glare

Unknown_57 has GOT to be the Good As Gold list right? And Unknown_56 is the Heal flag but with no Draining moves listed.
someone in I think the mechanics thread tested salt cure on gholdengo and it still worked so I dont think 57 is Good As Gold
Maybe 57 is for Wonder Skin, then?

Technically it would be when it's transferred to Bank for the first time, since encryption constants don't exist prior to gen 6 and Bank has no reason to make sure the Dunsparce's encryption constant is anything but random for a Pokémon that isn't Wurmple or Spinda. So you could theoretically clone the Dunsparce a shitton of times prior to sending it to Bank and each copy should have it's own chance to be a three-segment.
I thought Breadboy was talking about training a Dunsparce in SV, but encryption constant is copied from the PID on transfer from Gen 5 either way.

Did we ever figure out if you get EVs from the Auto Battle feature? I remember someone saying you might not or at least the bands don't seem to work with it.

Level-up patterns are not unified like in SwSh, so some keep the patterns from SwSh, others have patterns like in USUM.
I come back to this because I noticed the stone evolutions also show these weird remnants of what game they last existed in, much like prepatch BDSP.
If you were in SWSH like Arcanine then you get the whole full relearn prevo moveset deal, with Flamethrower moved to Level 5 for some reason.
If you weren't in SWSH like Mismagius then you have to deal with the USUM learnset with snapped moves removed, you don't even get the nice patched BDSP learnset option. At least Delcatty isn't back to be ruined again.
If you're a new stone evolution like Scovillain or Bellibolt then you just have the same learn levels as your prevolution.

I missed like 70 pages, does breeding only work in real time and not via steps now? Or is it a combination? Dumb question but registering it via seconds has me confused.

Also, is egg generation not based on steps either?
Breeding is step based still but it seems harder to determine what a step is in this non tile-based world so I guess seconds are a more consistent term of measurement. Eggs are generated in picnics automatically.

And Unknown_56 is the Heal flag but with no Draining moves listed.
My guess is that 56 works as a negative flag of sorts as some sort of safety check. Specifically, healing moves whose healing is not reversed by the target (e.g. yourself) having Liquid Ooze.

Heal Block would also make sense, but it got dexited and there would be no reason to continue updating it with PLA moves unless it was done as part of a general case routine.

58 to 60 are the most intriguing ones, especially the fact that they all have Guillotine. Is this flag definitely new? If so, I figure maybe it's some sort of debugging thing. We can fairly categorically rule out 58 by itself having a discernible functional purpose, since there is no difference between Guillotine and Horn Drill. The three combined contain all four OHKO moves, which makes me think we should maybe be taking them as a single bloc.

Taken as a whole, all moves in the three groups except for Glare (that I can see) have less than 100% accuracy and some sort of effect applied or rolled on hit, which would ordinarily make me think it was some weird obsolete implementation of "make sure only to roll the effect if the move hits". A good number of them have some sort of conditional modifier that causes them to bypass the normal accuracy calculation aswell; 59 notably includes all moves that become guaranteed to hit under rain (except maybe Springtide Storm?). It's definitely not all moves with such modifiers (Pokemon always get hit by some moves if they've Minimised, but Dragon Rush is the only such move on the list).

Unknown_56Recover, Soft-Boiled, Rest, Milk Drink, Morning Sun, Synthesis, Moonlight, Swallow, Wish, Slack Off, Roost, Shore Up, Life Dew, Jungle Healing, Lunar Blessing
Unknown_57Whirlwind, Sand Attack, Tail Whip, Leer, Growl, Roar, Sing, Supersonic, Disable, Leech Seed, Poison Powder, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, String Shot, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Hypnosis, Mimic, Screech, Smokescreen, Confuse Ray, Poison Gas, Spore, Cotton Spore, Spite, Scary Face, Sweet Kiss, Spikes, Lock-On, Charm, Swagger, Mean Look, Attract, Encore, Sweet Scent, Torment, Flatter, Will-O-Wisp, Memento, Taunt, Helping Hand, Trick, Role Play, Yawn, Skill Swap, Feather Dance, Fake Tears, Metal Sound, Tickle, Block, Healing Wish, Acupressure, Power Trick, Gastro Acid, Copycat, Power Swap, Worry Seed, Toxic Spikes, Heart Swap, Switcheroo, Stealth Rock, Guard Split, Power Split, Soak, Simple Beam, Entrainment, After You, Heal Pulse, Quash, Reflect Type, Sticky Web, Parting Shot, Fairy Lock, Play Nice, Confide, Aromatic Mist, Eerie Impulse, Hold Hands, Baby-Doll Eyes, Strength Sap, Speed Swap, Instruct, Tearful Look, Tar Shot, Magic Powder, Teatime, Court Change, Life Dew, Corrosive Gas, Coaching, Power Shift, Spicy Extract, Revival Blessing, Salt Cure
Unknown_59Guillotine, Mega Kick, Horn Drill, Sing, Blizzard, Poison Powder, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, Thunder, Hypnosis, Smog, Sweet Kiss, Zap Cannon, Dynamic Punch, Iron Tail, Sheer Cold, Dragon Rush, Focus Blast, Magma Storm, Inferno, Hurricane, Bleakwind Storm, Wildbolt Storm, Sandsear Storm

Unknown_57 has GOT to be the Good As Gold list right? And Unknown_56 is the Heal flag but with no Draining moves listed.
We partially tested in the battle mechanics thread. Pain Split isn't in Unknown_57, but Good As Gold blocks it. Perish Song isn't in Unknown_57, but Good As Gold can't hear it. Salt Cure is in Unknown_57, but Good As Gold doesn't stop sodium chloride from corroding gold. Unknown_57 does explain strange bedfellows such as Trick, Life Dew, Helping Hand, and Defog all getting blocked while Haze remains unaffected, though.

wait what

what?!
I know right? I only found it myself when I went looking on Dragon Rush's page to figure out what could possibly be interesting about the move.

Wonder Skin is an interesting possibility for 57. Specifically, the part where that accuracy reduction is not applied if it would cause accuracy to go below 50%. Again, a recurring theme with these four flags is doing weird things with the accuracy formula in certain circumstances.

Unknown_57 does explain strange bedfellows such as Trick, Helping Hand, and Defog all getting blocked while Haze remains unaffected, though.
I think it's possible Haze doesn't target but is instead applied as a field effect or self-target effect, so it can't be blocked for the same reason Electric Terrain presumably can't.

Re: framerate issues, these are quite egregious and make me think there is an actual bug at work here. The Switch version of Skyrim's anniversary edition had similar problems, and it turned out to be some textures introduced by the patch being converted over from the console version incorrectly.

The students kicking their legs is an ubiquitous issue, but the game hiccuping and loading buildings in battle is something I haven't seen in my suspicious copy of the game. I play docked though, so maybe that's the reason.
Yeah a lot of these issues are mostly handheld mode. There have been reports of issues happening while docked but not this bad. That first clip there was even worse than the prior one I posted.

That first one looks more like an issue with Switch itself than the game, because that looks very similar to an issue I ran into trying to play a game off a shitty SD card. So if that person's playing a digital copy, which they probably are unless they got a copy early or are Australian, they may want to try a different SD card before blaming the game.

As for the second one just looks like unimportant background elements running at a lower framer ate when undocked, I've seen Kirby do that too when undocked. It's likely intended not slowdown.

That first one looks more like an issue with Switch itself than the game, because that looks very similar to an issue I ran into trying to play a game off a shitty SD card. So if that person's playing a digital copy, which they probably are unless they got a copy early or are Australian, they may want to try a different SD card before blaming the game.

As for the second one just looks like unimportant background elements running at a lower framer ate when undocked, I've seen Kirby do that too when undocked. It's likely intended not slowdown.
If the game is more prone to errors running from an SD card compared to from a cart, it could explain why reviewers generally ran into more performance issues. To my knowledge reviewers usually get codes for digital copies of games for reviews, rather than physical.

wait what

what?!
All the other attacks that deal double damage to Minimized targets are weight-based or some form of slamming attack. And then we have Dragon Rush, which is just... dragon tackle but stronger. At least I THINK that's what it's meant to be.

EDIT: never mind, it's called Dragon Dive in Japanese

I thought Cyclizar would turn out to be a proof of concept garbage mon. Quite glad, tbh, that it's looking to be pretty strong in its own right, showing exactly why its paradox versions are so overbearing while also showing off that paradoxes don't necessarily get all of the goodies their base forms get.

Speaking of Paradox mons based on already strong mons, there's the DLC mons... we've seen their moves are roughly called Hydro Steam and Psycho Blade(?). Anyone else thinking they will be 670BST mons working as counters to their respective game's box legend, with Paradox Suicune setting rain and Paradox Virizion setting Psychic Terrain? I would have initially thought Grassy Terrain, but Psychic makes more sense as an offense-themed terrain to support other Ubers.

Then you have the third legendary, which I think will either be a boring mirror or have an effect absolutely nobody sees coming, nothing in between.

Last edited:

Maybe 57 is for Mycelium Might? Is there a way to skill swap it to test with salt cure and pain split?

Edit: you could actually test this w rain dance or rest on toedscruel too. I’m assuming there’s already a separate flag for magic coat/magic bounce right?

Last edited:
I thought Cyclizar would turn out to be a proof of concept garbage mon. Quite glad, tbh, that it's looking to be pretty strong in its own right, showing exactly why its paradox versions are so overbearing while also showing off that paradoxes don't necessarily get all of the goodies their base forms get.

Speaking of Paradox mons based on already strong mons, there's the DLC mons... we've seen their moves are roughly called Hydro Steam and Psycho Blade(?). Anyone else thinking they will be 680BST mons working as counters to their respective game's box legend, with Paradox Suicune setting rain and Paradox Virizion setting Psychic Terrain? I would have initially thought Grassy Terrain, but Psychic makes more sense as an offense-themed terrain to support other Ubers.

Then you have the third legendary, which I think will either be a boring mirror or have an effect absolutely nobody sees coming, nothing in between.
Nah no way they're 680. That's absolutely being reserved for the third legendary

I think they'll have 590, maybe 600, BST. Either equal to the mega-based paradoxes or just slightly better but still in the "outside Restricted" zone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)