SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Now that I wasn't looking for Frigibax, I was damn near tripping on them in that cave center in Glaseado.

Got Bagon, Gible and Frigibax, both male and female. I got a Dreepy too, but just a male.

Gonna breed a bit. Open World fukkery is so fun.

The game feels like it has a memory leak though. It's also pretty buggy. Docked and undocked, with the game installed on the Switch's internal memory.

It's not unplayable like Twitter is trying to paint, but I'm pretty sure it got a memory leak.
A memory leak is imo the only way to explain all the issues and fixes. Apparently entering and exiting Mesagoza (the game’s only loading zone) and turning off fixes problems temporarily. Which tells me that doing those things empties out whatever is being stored in the ram.

There’s even someone who left the game on for a few days, and the game straight up wouldn’t load the textures.

It gets me that this game is legit buggier than Sonic 06
Mem leak, crashes, char limbs flipping like crazy, worse cam?
Even collision isn't safe
I can't wait for patches

Patches? For what, by the looks of it to fix some of the issues with loads and fps, they'd need to rewrite the entire game.

The only patches the game will get will be to add new mons for the dlcs.

I dont expect the performances to ever improve
While I dont expect gamefreak to bother, stuff like loads & fps & memory leaks are pretty standard to fix and I doubt requires rewriting the entire game to try optimizing.

Like it's not trivial, but it is by no means such an impossible hurdle

Let's not get *that* crazy.

It's "just" Cyberpunk tier. :psysly:
I mean given 06s only glitch issues was collision (which SV has), yes?
Lag occurs, but it's realistically contained to when a lot of objects load. Not the entire game, or getting worse due to mem leak
Loading screens are bad, but manageable after Xbox 360 Digital downloads on drive, nor specific to it. Many early 360/PS3 games had long loads
Nothing for graphics glitch, nor does the game crash at any point. It's issues for gameplay are far overstated

SV meanwhile has baffled me for this. It had a much larger staff too

Patches? For what, by the looks of it to fix some of the issues with loads and fps, they'd need to rewrite the entire game.

The only patches the game will get will be to add new mons for the dlcs.

I dont expect the performances to ever improve
Fixing the memory leaks shouldn't be too hard, right? From my understanding, the primary cause of this is not clearing data structures before they are deleted so its a matter of pinpointing those locations in the program where the data isn't properly being cleared out.

IDK if the bugs will neccisarily be fixed, but they did fix one back in XY with a gamebreaking crash so it would be weird if they didn't fix some of the issues here.

Also, I think memory leaks are really bad, could lead to a lot of undefined behavior.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I feel like if they bothered to patch the glitch in SwSh where you could get your bike to hover, they will most likely patch some of these lol

I get criticizing the game for not being well optimized but I also think saying "gamefreak is too dumb and lazy to do glitch fix patches" is a bad take when they literally have done those multiple times in previous games

I didn't expect Paradoxes to be so...forthcoming in the game. Like Arven literally leads with Great Tusk, yo ucan just read the entire Scarlet Book the moment you set foot in the library and you can just read the Occulture articles that talk about all the other paradoxes. It lays pretty much everything about them on the table if you're willing to read about them.
Hey, would you mind telling me where do you read the Scarlet Book and the articles? I "know" the book is in the library but maybe im dumb and cant find it, same with the articles.

I also have doubts that GF will fix these issues, on one hand, none of the glitches are game breaking. The past glitches have been game breaking (void save areas in XY/ORAS) whereas SV is completely playable it’s just frustrating.

but the outrage is louder than ever, and fixing the performance issues can be done through patching, so I don’t see why they wouldn’t do it? It’s a shame cause I feel SV would be top tier games if they didn’t have those issues. Plus it’s not like a new game would come out next year like it would with a DS/3DS game. We’ve got until like 2024 at the earliest with SV, and if the post-DLC games don’t have VGC, which is a high possibility, we’ll be with them even longer. So they might fix them to improve the overall reception, but not sure when.

Fixing the memory leaks shouldn't be too hard, right?
if(SVIsRunningOutOfMemory()==true){
DeleteRamContents();
WritePositiveReviewToMetacritic();
LoadMoreKlawfModels();
}

Fixed. Blizz smart! :blobuwu:

Though tbh, it depends on what is causing the memory leaks to occur. If the problem is just a single retention issue in an application and memory is being allocated to something that is no longer relevant and/or it's lost access to what should be usable memory, then it's just a matter of locating the problem and is fairly easy to fix.

However, most memory leaks are caused by the interaction of multiple applications and are thus much harder to diagnose and correct. I'm not a programmer (haven't coded anything serious in what will soon be a decade lol) so I don't know/can't tell you what's actually causing SV's problems, but it's probably not something that can be very quickly fixed unless they've known about the issue(s) and have already got a solution in progress. BDSP, for example, still has a substantial memory leak issue that hasn't been corrected after all these months and all the fixes they implemented on it. BDSP's probably won't ever be fixed at this point. So there's no real timetable on fixing SV's memory problem.

I feel like if they bothered to patch the glitch in SwSh where you could get your bike to hover, they will most likely patch some of these lol

I get criticizing the game for not being well optimized but I also think saying "gamefreak is too dumb and lazy to do glitch fix patches" is a bad take when they literally have done those multiple times in previous games
I will make fun of gamefreak for not figuring out something to do with the entire world coming to a stand still while you climb a ladder in SWSH until the day I die.

incidentally that isnt a problem with SV so gj gamefreak

Hey, would you mind telling me where do you read the Scarlet Book and the articles? I "know" the book is in the library but maybe im dumb and cant find it, same with the articles.
I'll grab a photo because it's actually really easy to miss, one minute

Me driving anywhere seeing any Pokemon: whoa, is that a shiny??

I have been blessed with two within 14 hours of play but I wish the PLA shiny noise was back so I can know when I'm insane or not.
Same, except you actually got some shinies, whereas I'm just insane.
I once mistook a normal Pokémon (forgot what it was but it was red) for a shiny Pawmi. That was my only excuse. The fact that it was red.

It's on the little round book shelf when you first enter the library. I almost missed it when I was first exploring.

All the magazine articles are on the bright blue books scattered aroun the library (which also has some other easter eggs and gameplay tips). Only one I couldn't find was for Roaring Moon and Flutter Mane, but I assume I just overlooked them.

if you're willing to read about them.
Considering the constant aversion to reading that I see in a lot of gamers, I doubt many people will figure this out.

EDIT: I can not. Terra-Electric Shedinja with Air Balloon has been nuts in Nat Dex OU. Watching the tournament oing on right now.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Flabebe is really rare or spawns in a particular way? I’m in the right zone, but haven’t found a single one. I’m still pretty early on so maybe I need rock climb or whatever to explore the higher parts the zone.

I just want it for early Snom!

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Does anyone know if Flabebe is really rare or spawns in a particular way? I’m in the right zone, but haven’t found a single one. I’m still pretty early on so maybe I need rock climb or whatever to explore the higher parts the zone.

I just want it for early Snom!
Haven't played the game yet but the problem might genuinely be how tiny it is. You could be confusing it for a regular flower or just not seeing it period lol

Haven't played the game yet but the problem might genuinely be how tiny it is. You could be confusing it for a regular flower or just not seeing it period lol
It’s pretty much this.

I’ve seen a few but they are so incredibly tiny you still miss them even when looking for them, they float a lot so it might be worth looking in the area above you too

i have 0 vibes on any levels in this game at any point

i was seeing wild 17-20s near Brassius' town and then he was a level 16 trainer all my guys are level 20 i go out of town instantly run into bunch of level 20~21s then i'm running into trainers in theri 17s again
now i'm doing the first star base which is level 27

I mean I guess this isnt a complaint, per say (certainly interesting being 5 levels under Mela here in a modern pokemon game) just. Weird to have no real sense of what anything is.

Also the starmobiles being immune to status is a fun gotcha

e: To be clear being 5 levels under Mela is nice, i am getting low key wrecked here and needing to use like items and intimidate and everything

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)