SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Initial thoughts:

New Mons: Paradoxes looks boosted. But it is weird giving steel sig for Iron Crown and Rock sig for Iron Boulder, but psychic sig for Iron Leaves. Terapagos is boring, and the new stellar type too. If it's OP or not, we'll see it soon. Hydrapple is... something. And so is the weird bridge evolution of Duraludon. The last one gave me "special metagross" vibes. Poor poison peech is soooooooooo bad. They really said "f**k competitive, let's make a pokemon for the lore". I liked its design tho.

New moves: Well there are 15 new moves, but basically half are signatures. Of the non-signatures ones, I liked Supercell Slam the most. Always nice to have physical electric-type moves better than Wild Charge. The distribution is also great. Iron Hands lol. Electivire/Luxray finally having decent STAB. Thundurus opens up for crazy Acrobatics + Defiant sets... Nway...

Main story: really don't care. Hate Kieran tbh.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I believe someone said it would prevent Regenerator. Not been tested yet or seen proof or how extensive it is like if the Pokemon gets its health back after some time.
Also made me realize DLC2 provides a bunch of new counterplay to Annihilape.
Psychic Noise cucks any attempt to heal back up while dealing super effective damage.
Stellar Type means any Pokemon can beat Annihilape’s Tera mind games (same with Kingambit).
Thunderclap is a special priority move, which forced Annihilape to use status moves (it is on one Pokemon but is coming off a 137 SpA and is really bulky too).
Pecharunt has a signature move that can badly poison Annihilape and has massive Def to shrug off unboosted Rage Fists.
Munkidor gets Psychic Noise which in addition to preventing it from healing it has a 30% chance to badly Poison it (which it can’t cure because Rest won’t work)
Hatterene similarly gets Psychic Noise while being immune to Taunt and if Annihilape tries to Tera Dark Hatterene can use Fairy move next turn and Rage Fist won’t be boosted too.
Gourging Fire can potentially burn Annihilape with its signature move.
Alluring Voice is a Fairy move that deals Double Damage if Annihilape uses Bulk Up.
Really seems like they wanted to screw Annihilape in DLC2.
The biggest cope post I've ever seen in my life

It's got a 600 BST, sounds like a pseudo to me.
Nope. Not 3 stages, doesn't start out at around 300 BST, has 2 stages, is a multi-gen line, evolves with an item...

Pseudos at the end of the day are a line as a concept. Not just an issue of the stat total of the final stage.

Duraludon won't be getting into the toyline alongside Dratini, Larvitar, Bagon, Beldum, Gible, Deino, Goomy, Jangmo-o, Dreepy and Frigibax.

Skeledirge.png

Skeledirge @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Slack Off
- Torch Song
- Scorching Sands
- Alluring Voice

He already terrorized Zacian, now it's Koraidon's turn to get completely shut down by him.
Really excited for OU too, now that he basically has WoW and Earth Power in one move, Garg, Cinderace, Moth and especially Heatran will have to respect him immediately.

Question about Alluring voice (the 80bp fairy move that seems like has been specifically tailored for dirge) :
Does it confuse mons slower than you that set up the previous turn?

YNM

formerly yNot Mence
is a Tiering Contributor
I believe someone said it would prevent Regenerator. Not been tested yet or seen proof or how extensive it is like if the Pokemon gets its health back after some time.
Also made me realize DLC2 provides a bunch of new counterplay to Annihilape.
Psychic Noise cucks any attempt to heal back up while dealing super effective damage.
Stellar Type means any Pokemon can beat Annihilape’s Tera mind games (same with Kingambit).
Thunderclap is a special priority move, which forced Annihilape to use status moves (it is on one Pokemon but is coming off a 137 SpA and is really bulky too).
Pecharunt has a signature move that can badly poison Annihilape and has massive Def to shrug off unboosted Rage Fists.
Munkidor gets Psychic Noise which in addition to preventing it from healing it has a 30% chance to badly Poison it (which it can’t cure because Rest won’t work)
Hatterene similarly gets Psychic Noise while being immune to Taunt and if Annihilape tries to Tera Dark Hatterene can use Fairy move next turn and Rage Fist won’t be boosted too.
Gourging Fire can potentially burn Annihilape with its signature move.
Alluring Voice is a Fairy move that deals Double Damage if Annihilape uses Bulk Up.
Really seems like they wanted to screw Annihilape in DLC2.
I don't care if GF releases a move called "Anti-Annihilape Counterattack" and gives it to every single mon in the Dex, we're still not unbanning Annihilape, fuck that mon

Two things to note on Pseudo-Legendaries:
1. The Japanese fandom term for them is 600族/600 club, with their base stat total of 600 being the focus.
2. There was a JP merchandise collection in the Pokemon Center stores featuring the Pseudos called 大器晩成 Taiki-Bansei/Late Bloomers, with their overall late evolutions being the focus.
Considering being a 3-stage evolution is not part of any title, and we have relatively early evolving Pseudos in Metagross and Garchomp, I wouldn't put it pass the Pokemon Company to treat Archaludon as a new Pseudo, especially since Duraludon was designed to be Tyranitar's rival, only to be tied to Charizard in game's story.

It will, but just cause it already has plushies due to being Raihan's ace, and not because it does or doesn't belong to a fan-made category :P
1702557270393.png

1702557280643.png

1702557330734.png

It is an official concept my dude, no need to pull the condescending corporativism approach.

I just can't see Archaludon holding Duraludon as a baby. If it got a preevolution then perhaps it will be embraced, but as is now, it is kinda different.

You may also argue Simisear to be a fire starter, but yeah...

Pseudos have to be a three stage line.
It's not really. That's not implied by the name "pseudo legendary"
In Japanese, it's even just called "600 group".

Pseudo legendary/ 600 group has always been fanmade term. Unlike Eeveelution, it's not made canon (and I don't recall them using ブイズ Vees for them in Japanese, usually just "Eevee's evolution" in official news).

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Two things to note on Pseudo-Legendaries:
1. The Japanese fandom term for them is 600族/600 club, with their base stat total of 600 being the focus.
2. There was a JP merchandise collection in the Pokemon Center stores featuring the Pseudos called 大器晩成 Taiki-Bansei/Late Bloomers, with their overall late evolutions being the focus.
Considering being a 3-stage evolution is not part of any title, and we have relatively early evolving Pseudos in Metagross and Garchomp, I wouldn't put it pass the Pokemon Company to treat Archaludon as a new Pseudo, especially since Duraludon was designed to be Tyranitar's rival, only to be tied to Charizard in game's story.
One major difference is that Duraludon evolved with an item without level requirement, contrasting Sliggoo that evolve into Goodra by level 50 or higher while rain is in the overworld. Doubt it would fully fit into either the Japanese fandom or international fandom description of pseudoes, but I got a new definition just for cross-gen evos with 600 BST.

Exceptional Evolutions. Or ”Super Cross-Gen Evo” if EE sounds too similar to Mega Evolution.

It's not really. That's not implied by the name "pseudo legendary"
In Japanese, it's even just called "600 group".

Pseudo legendary/ 600 group has always been fanmade term. Unlike Eeveelution, it's not made canon (and I don't recall them using ブイズ Vees for them in Japanese, usually just "Eevee's evolution" in official news).
Again:

1702557973527.png

The terms "pseudo" and "600 club" are not official, but those lines being an specific concept is something that has been adressed officially.

EDIT:

View attachment 579621View attachment 579615

Carmine and Kieran get special dialogue if you send out Ogrepon.
I am waiting for the HOME update to bring my 'mons, but damn if Kieran isn't looking punchable.

I do not think Duraludon counts as a Dratini tho. Liking the stats tho, but not sure of how my Duraludon will handle it; for some reason I went full gimmick when I built mine in Sword, with maxed SpDef to compensate, and Foul Play and Body Press for coverage for some weird reason. Guess I was bored during lockdown lol

Again:

View attachment 579624

The terms "pseudo" and "600 club" are not official, but those lines being an specific concept is something that has been adressed officially.
Due to them being still in fanmade term territory, I think for sake of semantic convenience, I'll vote for it being "pseudo legendary". Pseudo-pseudo legendary if one will. Not the first time for GF to break their pattern.

At worst, if I'm to take the "official concept" tightly I'll put it in "unconfirmed" until TPC opens their mouth, but as far as the original fanmade concept, will err to the side of convenience. And bears knowing that merch division in TPC is in another realm from GF.

It's not like their method of evolution or difficulty to raise matters in grander scheme of competitive things....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)