SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Glaive Rush - Physical/Dragon/120BP/100% Acc/5PP
Foe deals double damage and can't miss the user next turn.
That is rather interesting. Seems like it would technically be better than outrage since it doesn't lock you in after use. On a mon with 145 attack, dragon dance/swords dance and amazing typing offensively. Might actually be worth using even with fairies around.

Do we know how the move interacts if it attacks into an immunity?

The thing I'm confused about still is why maushold and dudunsparce have two different forms each that look different but virtually (at least in the datamine) appear to have no other differences outside of the appearance.

Like yeah I want both forms of the mouse family but is there any benefit to one over the other or is it all cosmetic and if so why did they bother doing that.
Same reason Sinistea and Polteageist have a Phony and Antique form?

The form is either cosmetic or enhances the BP of a move like Population Bomb, but I'm leaning more towards the former.

50 pages wow

I had to skip past a lot of the messages again and I noticed that there was a pastebin leak of the movesets, but it wouldn’t show up when I clicked on it. Is my device just not working or did the Nintendo Ninjas strike again?

I need a quick break, but is there any other new moves/abilities/formes that needs testing?
Got a bunch:
  • What kind of recoil does Chloroblast inflict? Double-edge-style regular recoil? Steel Beam-like 50% max. HP recoil? ...Heck, what's Chloroblast's new BP, PP, and physical/special attack type?
  • How many Special Attack stages does Make It Rain make you drop after use? 1 stage? 2 stages? I'd also appreciate its BP, PP, attack type, and typing.
  • Does the Ability Shield item prevent your ability from being changed and/or suppressed/bypassed by any or all of these moves and abilities?
    • Gastro Acid
    • Worry Seed
    • Skill Swap
    • Neutralizing Gas
    • Core Enforcer
    • Mold Breaker
  • I'd like confirmation about whether Good As Gold blocks the following opposing status moves, some of which Magic Bounce reflects, others which it (at least effectively) doesn't block:
    • Taunt
    • Encore
    • Trick
    • Defog
    • Pain Split
    • Stealth Rock
    • Corrosive Gas
    • Skill Swap
    • Gastro Acid
    • Parting Shot
    • Memento
    • Whirlwind
    • Heal Pulse
    • Strength Sap
    • Perish Song
    • Tidy Up
    • Court Change

Last edited:
I guess you’re right,I might just mistakenly linking with other things and ignored other things...:worrywhirl:
Too lazy to scroll up and quote the right post haha.

Chien is 簡 - I believe as in 竹簡 (bamboo tablet); before papers were invented, people wrote on bamboo pieces, which are called 竹簡.

Wo-Chien = 蝸簡 I assume - which is weird cause they put the animal species first instead of second (蝸 = 蝸牛 = snail).

ETA: I can read Chinese and can speak both Mandarin and Cantonese.

This is straight from Bulbapedia's description of Corrosion:

Mortal Spin's description says it poisons the opposing Pokemon on hit, which should indicate it is a 100% chance to poison. Salazzle's sludge moves don't poison Steel types because they're not 100% chance, I'm guessing?
Ok just tested it. Gmax malodor with corrosion does not hit steel types. It has to be a status move.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2022-1708893133-x9rl9gg9nn7wx1zrlxvmep45xip4jhcpw

Are the three Paldean Tauros individual forms you can find and have to catch, like Unown? Or are they forms that you can switch an individual member between, like Oricorio?

Ok just tested it. Gmax malodor with corrosion does not hit steel types. It has to be a status move.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2022-1708893133-x9rl9gg9nn7wx1zrlxvmep45xip4jhcpw
this is something I'd test in an actual game. It might be an edge-case Showdown got wrong. Of course, it's also possible Showdown is right and Bulbapedia needs to reword itself.

So I remember the riddler mentioning there was some big QoL change to IVs in one of their posts. Has anyone been able to sus out what exactly he meant? I’ve heard people haven’t been able to find a battle facility yet, but if there’s anywhere else where the normal crop of competitive items and features like the judge mechanic are found, that might be a good place to start.

So I remember the riddler mentioning there was some big QoL change to IVs in one of their posts. Has anyone been able to sus out what exactly he meant? I’ve heard people haven’t been able to find a battle facility yet, but if there’s anywhere else where the normal crop of competitive items and features like the judge mechanic are found, that might be a good place to start.
Is this referring to how he said the DLC will have pokegen-like features?

Hello Galio, I think this is the first time we've both been online at the same time.

Thoughts on Iron Valiant?
Looks pretty insane, it has the movepool of Gallade + Gardevoir and the stats to do whatever it wants.
It can go full physical, full special or mixed and not suffer from low stats or move BP (spirit break is better than psycho cut so yeah LMAO), it has boosting moves for both offensive spectrums and even retains Agility from Gallade's new learnset.
It even has the 2 lovebirds' Doubles moves with Imprison + the Guards + TR.

tl,dr: Iron Valiant is looking fantastic and looks great. Great mon 11/10.

Is this referring to how he said the DLC will have pokegen-like features?
I don’t ever recall hearing that, and honestly I didn’t follow anything he said particularly closely. I just remember mention of something vaguely along the lines of “Ooh something cool is gonna happen with IVs”, heavily paraphrased of course. I could be misremembering. That said, I also would be a bit surprised if there wasn’t at least one really big QoL upgrade for competitive Pokémon in the game, a la viewable EVs and Destiny Knot in Gen 6, Bottle Caps and Judge PC in Gen 7, and Mint / Egg move transfers / Uncapped Vitamins in Gen 8

Do we know if there's any relevant items missing from the game? Like Assault Vest, Heavy Duty Boots, Custap Berry, etc?

If Boots are missing that's gonna be a huge deal, especially bc everything and their mother can throw out some kinda hazard now.
I literally found AV lying randomly on the ground during my playthrough lol
Not sure about the other 2 items tho

Looks pretty insane, it has the movepool of Gallade + Gardevoir and the stats to do whatever it wants.
It can go full physical, full special or mixed and not suffer from low stats or move BP (spirit break is better than psycho cut so yeah LMAO), it has boosting moves for both offensive spectrums and even retains Agility from Gallade's new learnset.
It even has the 2 lovebirds' Doubles moves with Imprison + the Guards + TR.

tl,dr: Iron Valiant is looking fantastic and looks great. Great mon 11/10.
I look at it from a design perspective and...

I love its appearance, I love its typing (I wanted Megallade to be Fairy/Fighting and get Moonblast forever ago), and I love that its weapon is detachable/changeable.

My one problem, and I know you already know this, is the shiny. I love the way that it looks, but the color scheme my superhero self had as a kid was orange and blue. Default Ralts-family shiny would have been preferable.

TL;DR: perfect idea executed almost perfectly, but it tripped at the finish line.

If we're getting palafin info, has anyone seen jet punch and it's bp? It's worded in the description to sound like a stronger aqua jet and coming off 160 base attack that sounds pretty disgusting. Don't know how readily available a move relearner is but movepool lists it learning it at lvl 1 so it shouldn't be too hard to check.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)