SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher
I found a video showing an egg being hatched:
This confirms that there is still a 20 second long cutscene for every egg that hatches. So even eggs require fewer steps to hatch (someone estimated 15 seconds of overworld movement per egg), you're still spending roughly 50% of your total time watching cutscenes instead of gaining steps.
Luckily they added a skip cutscene option so you don't have to go through all that anymore.

From what I remind reading from earlier posts, the two are in the game, prolly as just ID conservation, but equipped on Arceus they do nothing, and once unequipped they disappear.
If that was the case every item would be with updated artwork, but it's not.

e: And to the latter point, maybe they'll edit it when Home updates? Who knows.

Now that Ability Patches appear to be confirmed as obtainable in the base game, I'm feeling a bit more confident that Egg Move transference is still kept as well. This is combined with how the feature was also present in BDSP, and the fact that there seem to be one or two Pokemon with "egg moves" that they cannot get through breeding at all (Tinkaton with Ice Hammer).

I'm going to continue leaning on my hunch that its held item related. Someone elsewhere suggested it could be Mirror Herb, which is a brand new item which may be more likely to have a new hidden secondary function. Unfortunate that its a feature that seems too tedious and time-consuming to test, so we may not know for sure if its still in until the game comes out.

EDIT: That's not even considering the possibility that its now tied to some new Move Tutor style NPC, given that there are also some unknown "tutor" moves in the datamine last I checked.

Last edited:
Now that Ability Patches appear to be confirmed as obtainable in the base game, I'm feeling a bit more confident that Egg Move transference is still kept as well. This is combined with how the feature was also present in BDSP, and the fact that there seem to be one or two Pokemon with "egg moves" that they cannot get through breeding at all (Tinkaton with Ice Hammer).

I'm going to continue leaning on my hunch that its held item related. Someone elsewhere suggested it could be Mirror Herb, which is a brand new item which may be more likely to have a new hidden secondary function. Unfortunate that its a feature that seems too tedious and time-consuming to test, so we may not know for sure if its still in until the game comes out.
Don't do this to me....I'm already on copium but you're making it seem more hopeful. :D

View attachment 464920
Hey guys who needs a Tapu I'm just as good

Ok so serious question though, not to dunk on the lil guy but because I actually don't know. Other than Surge and pulling off halfway decent Rising Voltage, what can he do? Because I'm having a hard time seeing people bring a Future Paradox and not just use Booster Energy because they didn't wanna use the lil guy.
Late to the party, but people sh** on this guy way too hard, he has a lot of utility moves like Spikes, Recover, T-Spikes, etc. + I think he keeps Rising Voltage (IDK tho). Biggest problem is that his HP is trash and he doesn't get Pivoting moves like Volt Switch. I think he'll still see usage though since letting the Paradox mons run another item might be gamebreaking.

Don't do this to me....I'm already on copium but you're making it seem more hopeful. :D
I mean, I just think its more likely to be in rather than not given that they kept all other competitive QOL features and even added more new ones. It doesn't make sense to me that GF would continue to make competitive Pokemon so much more accessible but leave out this one feature that they already kept in the game after it was introduced.

But we'll find out for sure soon enough, its not that many days until the game is out for real and more people can run experiments or get access to the data.

I mean, I just think its more likely to be in rather than not given that they kept all other competitive QOL features and even added more new ones. It doesn't make sense to me that GF would continue to make competitive Pokemon so much more accessible but leave out this one feature that they already kept in the game after it was introduced.

But we'll find out for sure soon enough, its not that many days until the game is out for real and more people can run experiments or get access to the data.
And if nothing else, guide books are on the way and should shed light on a lot of "hidden" aspects like this.

Hell for all we know maybe it's based on sandwiches

Late to the party, but people sh** on this guy way too hard, he has a lot of utility moves like Spikes, Recover, T-Spikes, etc. + I think he keeps Rising Voltage (IDK tho). Biggest problem is that his HP is trash and he doesn't get Pivoting moves like Volt Switch. I think he'll still see usage though since letting the Paradox mons run another item might be gamebreaking.
It has 435 BST, too much budget in mixed attacking stats and very few meaningful resistances. Could maybe see doubles use if you literally built your entire team around Violet paradox forms, but Torkoal seems considerably better.

HD Sprites of all(?) items

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/yufm55
I think Booster Energy is the item between the last Tera Shard and the Ability Shield.
Also, gonna do a quick search for The Hammer :psywoke:
Ah yeah, I was kinda predicting this after the HD sprites got somewhat leaked with the stupid berry pre-order bonus (showed new sprites and some color correction). It was probably inevitable, but it's still going to cause substantial headache for people who like to match ball colors to their mons.

Luxury and Repeat were slightly corrected to their model colors, but the biggest ball changes are to the Fast and Level Ball. They've been really off-colored since forever (Fast looking orange despite being a red and yellow model, and Level looking tan despite being gold). Looks like the Fast ball got lightened a bit, but it's still substantially less orange than it was. The Level ball however got fully corrected to its gold colors.

Maybe some of my Fast ball Pokemon can get away with the less-than orange color. I've used Fast extensively, so it'd suck if it's unworkable and I have to redo those mons. Level however is probably just straight unworkable and will require full rebuilds on most of my mons that use it. Fortunately, I kinda anticipated this and don't really use Level, so I think I only have maybe 4 mons that will have to be completely redone - which should only take a week. Unfortunate, but it is what it is :/.

While we don't know for sure, precedents (aka literally every mainline game in last 4 gens) has had the cover leges shiny locked, as well as any "regular" legendary introduced in that generation (with the only exception of I believe regidraco and regieleki), as they like to distribute the shiny versions as event.
Some of the big leak accounts said that only the Starters and the Cover Legendaries are shiny-locked. So the Dark Quartet might be new exceptions to the rule. I think I've also seen video footage of someone encountering a Shiny Ding-Lu after SR-ing, but I'm not sure if its been deleted by now.

Some of the big leak accounts said that only the Starters and the Cover Legendaries are shiny-locked. So the Dark Quartet might be new exceptions to the rule. I think I've also seen video footage of someone encountering a Shiny Ding-Lu after SR-ing, but I'm not sure if its been deleted by now.
Eh, after seeing that they forged the screenshot for the "shiny eggs", I'm a bit skeptical to trust any random reddit source.
I'll believe they're not shiny locked when it's either datadumped or someone actually finds a shiny version.

Has this been answered?

Does Loaded Dice feel like it significantly boosts the chances of multi hit moves hitting the maximum number of times they can hit? Or is it a negligible boost?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)