SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

How are battle animations? On par with the last few games? Are there any notably flashy attack animations or particle effects?

I have only seen 3 in game battles on twitter but they only used simplistic looking attacks. I noticed some battles seem to be instances (gym battles) and are differently handled from overworld battles in the field. Instances battles root the Pokémon into a specific spot and animations seemed more grandiose.
Take gen 8 graphics, make them a bit more refined and flashier, and you have gen 9 attacks.

If you're hoping for actual coliseum styled attacks you're out of luck, they're never going to do actual pokemon animations for anything other than some signature moves, due to how many pokemon there are in the games by now, however they are definitely more clean and flashier.

Also any time you use a teralyzed attack (no matter if superstab or "acquired stab"), a separate animation showing that the pokemon is "taking energy from the tera-hat" plays before it, to emphatise that the attack is getting extra power from the teralyzation.

Take gen 8 graphics, make them a bit more refined and flashier, and you have gen 9 attacks.

If you're hoping for actual coliseum styled attacks you're out of luck, they're never going to do actual pokemon animations for anything other than some signature moves, due to how many pokemon there are in the games by now, however they are definitely more clean and flashier.

Also any time you use a teralyzed attack (no matter if superstab or "acquired stab"), a separate animation showing that the pokemon is "taking energy from the tera-hat" plays before it, to emphatise that the attack is getting extra power from the teralyzation.
Yeah, Specifically The signature moves of Koraidon and Tinkaton look amazing.

Yeah, Specifically The signature moves of Koraidon and Tinkaton look amazing.
I'm a big fan of Koraidon's move making him basically become a flame wheel despite it being a Fighting attack. Kinda emphatises its relationship with fire (since it sets sun), though it can be a bit counterintuitive.

Curious of how Miraidon one looks, for obvious reasons I wasn't able to see it.

I think only Pokémon battle revolution had direct contact animations, and many looked odd since they rushed a bunch of the walk cycles (snorlax glides across the ground for a bit), so I never really expected those to happen again tbh.

Assuming Koraidon Learns Flare Blitz, Lets Just say god has left the chat.
This is Fire terra type, Choice Banded, Maximum Attack invested flare blitz. On Ou Defensive Blissey
Also Darmanitan was the fire type with the closest attack stat. only a diffrence of 5 points. Reduce the damage by 1/4, but still
Screenshot 2022-11-14 at 8.14.40 AM.png

Last edited:
This is Fire terra type, Choice Banded, Maximum Attack invested flare blitz. On Ou Defensive Blissey
Also Darmanitan was the fire type with the closest attack stat. only a diffrence of 5 points
View attachment 465474
It does learn Flare Blitz. You can see in the spreadsheet all the Pokemon, their level up moves, and also all the other new stuff. You might want to take some mental notes to remember what things learn what and what certain new moves do.

Also Darmanitan was the fire type with the closest attack stat. only a diffrence of 5 points
View attachment 465474
Somewhat confused of why anyone would use Blissey to tank a phisical attack honestly in first place.

If you wanted to make a comparison about "phisical dmg", you should use slowbro or toxapex really

You guys know you can just... not switch, right? I'm not a huge fan of getting rid of set mode altogether but honestly it doesn't change anything other than requiring a little bit of integrity to just not switch even if it would benefit you to do so.
Getting rid of Set Mode is less "actively bad" deal and more just like, a frustrating example of removing things for no real reason. It was an option that's been around for ever, probably takes like no real dev time to implement, and that some people enjoyed just swapping on for the way they play if only so they dont have to hit b every battle. I think that's the real thing that gets in people's craw.

Like getting rid of it doesn't really matter at all, but also, why get rid of it at all, you know?

Request for anyone with the game:

SWSH had a feature that allowed you to "equip" ribbons on the ribbon screen. When you tossed out a Pokemon, it'd come out with a title like "X the Galar Champion". Is this still feature still in SV? In SWSH you could just press A on the mark / ribbon screen and select your title. If anyone has a mark or ribbon on their Pokemon, could you verify if it can or can't be equipped?
Don't have the game to test out for sure and I don't recall how many pages back it was but someone showed a pictures of a Klawf they caught having a Mark indicating it was a Titan Pokemon. There was a window indicating that it would make the Pokemon's title "Klawf The Former Titan". So I would say it seems likely that Ribbons should have the same feature.

What are the exact files you are after?
I want to be able to get all the numerical parameters such as Dex, Base stats, Ability, etc. by myself.
If I can get them myself, I can handle long term updates.
I'm looking at something that looks like that from the file name, but most of the contents are related to graphics.

Somewhat confused of why anyone would use Blissey to tank a phisical attack honestly in first place.

If you wanted to make a comparison about "phisical dmg", you should use slowbro or toxapex really
I was just using Blissey since I've seen quite a few bold players who thought Blissey could take a physical hit. Also Slowbro and Toxapex are fire resists, so it wouldn't be quite as accurate against neutral target.

Don't have the game to test out for sure and I don't recall how many pages back it was but someone showed a pictures of a Klawf they caught having a Mark indicating it was a Titan Pokemon. There was a window indicating that it would make the Pokemon's title "Klawf The Former Titan". So I would say it seems likely that Ribbons should have the same feature.
Saw that too, but I was a little worried seeing there wasn't some obvious button to equip the title easily. I was hoping, if possible, to get someone to give it a closer look in game and verify titles are still around.

I'm just a bit extra worried because I loved the title change and really want my cool titles on my shiny volcarona :psygrump:

I want to be able to get all the numerical parameters such as Dex, Base stats, Ability, etc. by myself.
If I can get them myself, I can handle long term updates.
I'm looking at something that looks like that from the file name, but most of the contents are related to graphics.
I imagine you are using the latest version of SCVI_Extract.
Do you have the file avalondata/0x68ab38e2cf1281ed? This is the file avalon/data/personal_array.bin, which contains all the base stats, typings, abilities, evolutions, moves etc for every species.

I imagine you are using the latest version of SCVI_Extract.
Do you have the file avalondata/0x68ab38e2cf1281ed? This is the file avalon/data/personal_array.bin, which contains all the base stats, typings, abilities, evolutions, moves etc for every species.
I already searched for "personal" according to the PLA file structure but could not find it.
I have only checked v1.0.0, so I will try again extract files including updates. Thanks.

I already searched for "personal" according to the PLA file structure but could not find it.
I have only checked v1.0.0, so I will try again extract files including updates. Thanks.
Yeah, the "personal" string shouldn't be anywhere in the files - the personal table is referenced via an fnv1a64 hash of its file path.

The fact that the Tentacool line is not included also lends credence to the idea that the Toedscool line was a late addition, since Diglett and Wiglett both have their materials listed in the group you would expect. What’s more, the Toedscool line’s signature ability is currently the final ability in index order. It’s pretty clear-cut, at least to me.
I believe it. The Toedscruel line was poorly conceptualized. I mean, Toedscruel has Rage Powder which it can't even use. Seems pretty clear that they made Toedscruel without considering what that would mean, then slapped Mycelium Might on it as an patch job because someone realized Spore might be oppressive on a 100 speed stat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)