SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

The concept of Mega evolution isn't a one size fits all mechanic, since every Mega evolution is entirely different.
And yet they were so powerful the correct method of teambuilding with Megas was "Which of these 4 or 5 options do I build my team around?" It was too much for just how few there Megas in general there are and lead to a lot of teams being very same-y. Also it's not a thing that's just about "some pokemon shouldn't have gotten Megas" since as you pointed out: Mega Garchomp is generally worse than regular Garchomp while Kangaskhan, Mawile, Sableye, and to a lesser extent Lucario, all got their Megas banned.

Does make one wonder where they'll go in gen 10.
TBH: I would rather they don't in Gen 10... or if they do then they surprise me as much as Terastal did. I didn't want a gimmick this gen... but it's interesting enough for me to like (for now)

When it comes to the whole Megas thing, it was mainly speculation due to peculiar oddities like some Paradox forms resembling Megas, and the presence of Mega-exclusive abilities.

Also the bringing over of the Kalos starters through HOME led to some speculation that they might do something adjacent to Kalos in one of the DLCs, especially given how close France and Spain are to one another.

Granted, in Gen 8 they brought back the Hoenn starters in the Crown Tundra and then made no big deal over them returning, just been like "they're back now in Raid Dens I guess w/e". They had in-game events to get the Alolan starters and Bulbasaur/Squirtle, but the Hoenn starters could only be obtained through Dynamax Adventures with no fanfare from what I recall. So even the return of the Gen 6 trio could mean nothing. Or maybe the France/Spain connection was the reason they made that trio transferable.

Someone sent an image, but you'd have to tredge through this topic. Its spines have curves to them that make them look like dragon teeth.
Found it: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...ks-thread-data-mechanics.3709515/post-9392123

And Clodsire's estimation in my eyes went up a peg, it's like the designers thought "what if we took a ribbed newt's spines, pointed them up, and made them several times larger?" I still find it odd that the Wooper adapted to living out of water ends up looking like it would move a lot less easily on the ground than Quagsire, but then again its proportions remind me of sit-and-wait predators with huge mouths like certain frogs.

Tsareena is also female exclusive.

And op was referencing how the names have royal titles in them. King. Queen. Tsarina
I mean, sure, but the entire line is female-exclusive.

(I am willing to give the Nidos a pass because at this point they really should be merged into one family with sex-based evolutions. Dexit removed the NatDex Order argument.)

I mean, sure, but the entire line is female-exclusive.

(I am willing to give the Nidos a pass because at this point they really should be merged into one family with sex-based evolutions. Dexit removed the NatDex Order argument.)
That has nothing to do with it.

Op was just referencing how having a royal title in the name does not gurantee the Pokémon is one gender only.
Nidoking, vespiquen, tsarina, etc are all one gender, while kingler, slowking, are both genders. It has nothing to do with pre evolutions being both genders

LOL are you an Essentials game dev trawling this thread for new data, too?
Hell yeah. We operate on the dev branch so stuff's gonna be goin right in

Chilling Water also seems like a new fun option for Glaceon. Technically a coverage option against Fire- and Rock-type pokémon, but really the guaranteed Attack drop seems like it would be useful for a bulky Glaceon set.

Speaking of eeveelutions, since Night Shade was a TM now, I was low-key hoping that Umbreon would get it. Alas, a Night Shade / Wish / Calm Mind / Dark Pulse set was not meant to be :psysad:
If Night Shade's learnlist is anything like Metal Claw it consists EXCLUSIVELY of shit that already has it lol

I feel like the leak conversations are lessening and the conversation of the state of Pokemon games/franchise as a whole keeps rearing its ugly head.
Yeah can people please stop filling pages with this shit I'm here for info not the same conversation I see rehashed on Twitter every single day for the last decade.

I've seen an (unreleased) fangame where they made an item that you could use on any Pokemon as if it was a Mega Stone, and it'd raise their best stat by 30, their worst stat by 10, and all their other stats by 20.

Personally, something like this (maybe not exactly those stats) would be interesting to let everyone have Megas.
Power Creep, the item.

No thanks, and let me know who was the idiot behind it so I can slap them upside the head.

Does anyone know where to get the Earthquake TM? Is it possible to obtain it before the Pokemon League?

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this question, I'm new here.
Unconfirmed, but it's apparently from a route boss. A desert one? Good luck either way, let us know if you find it.

We've got Z-Crystals at home!
But then the Z-Crystals at home got removed as well :psycry:
i know i know they were meta-defining and blah blah blah BUT STILL

I've seen an (unreleased) fangame where they made an item that you could use on any Pokemon as if it was a Mega Stone, and it'd raise their best stat by 30, their worst stat by 10, and all their other stats by 20.

Personally, something like this (maybe not exactly those stats) would be interesting to let everyone have Megas.
If you're referring to Mega Equalizers from Azurite, it's all fun and games until you realise that Xerneas ends up with a SpA stat of 171.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)