SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Matt followed up on that thread and mentioned that it’s common for there to be gaps, so it’s probably just a buffer between DLC Pokémon or something.

There’s two unused spaces between Ursaluna and Sprigatito for example, and another random unexplained gap between Dreadnaw and Skwovet.

Right ok, I found what I was thinking of

It was a separate internal listing that left gaps for the Pokemon.

I think I was conflating gaps with an unrelated thing in smash bros, where they put in a gap of index spaces when they started up dlc in smash 4.

If I had to have an earnest guess here: the last 7 numbers are for the new ID Pokemon and one of the earlier numbers is meant for either Peach (since Ogerpon leads the section and they might have wanted to mark it as important to kitakami) or Dipplin2 (since the gaps in matt's post leaves one next to it, though it would be odd to list it earlier). The remaining 4 numbers were either a buffer or to account for any mythic plans; we know there's one in the oven so maybe it could occupy one of the slots and its possible they put 2 more in to fill in the remainder of the generation if they so choose.

Alternatively, could have just been cut Pokemon I suppose.
So it begins

Right ok, I found what I was thinking of

It was a separate internal listing that left gaps for the Pokemon.

I think I was conflating gaps with an unrelated thing in smash bros, where they put in a gap of index spaces when they started up dlc in smash 4.

If I had to have an earnest guess here: the last 7 numbers are for the new ID Pokemon and one of the earlier numbers is meant for either Peach (since Ogerpon leads the section and they might have wanted to mark it as important to kitakami) or Dipplin2 (since the gaps in matt's post leaves one next to it, though it would be odd to list it earlier). The remaining 4 numbers were either a buffer or to account for any mythic plans; we know there's one in the oven so maybe it could occupy one of the slots and its possible they put 2 more in to fill in the remainder of the generation if they so choose.

Alternatively, could have just been cut Pokemon I suppose.
76 items seem weird.
The other things seem possible, but I think there is a mistake about the items, except if these are useless things, like some pokefood useless in battle.

76 items seem weird.
The other things seem possible, but I think there is a mistake about the items, except if these are useless things, like some pokefood useless in battle.
A good chunk of those 76 items are most definetely the snacks that Snacksworth gives you to find the old gen legendaries.

So that this post isn't a one-liner, I have a question to pose to you all: do you think that old mons will recieve new abilities or changes to their old ones, like Shiftry and Empoleon in The Teal Mask? And if so, what new abilities would you like to see these old mons get?

One of my biggest long shot wants for a buff is Electric Surge Electivire. It seems like the Tapus will not be returning, and we desperately need an Electric Terrain setter who is not Pincurchin. Electivire is sorely in need of buffs, and Electric Surge also works great as flavor on it considering its wire tails.

I also wouldn't be surprised if some starters got HA changes like Empoleon did. Out of all of them, the one I'm hoping gets it is Meganium - it's my least favorite of the Johto starters by a long shot but I can admit the poor flower dino needs SOMETHING ffs. Natural Cure would be my pick here. I could also see Sceptile getting its HA changed to Sharpness, since, y'know, leaf blades xdd. I would also like to see Swampert and Emboar get better HAs, but I'm not holding my breath there.

A good chunk of those 76 items are most definetely the snacks that Snacksworth gives you to find the old gen legendaries.

So that this post isn't a one-liner, I have a question to pose to you all: do you think that old mons will recieve new abilities or changes to their old ones, like Shiftry and Empoleon in The Teal Mask? And if so, what new abilities would you like to see these old mons get?

One of my biggest long shot wants for a buff is Electric Surge Electivire. It seems like the Tapus will not be returning, and we desperately need an Electric Terrain setter who is not Pincurchin. Electivire is sorely in need of buffs, and Electric Surge also works great as flavor on it considering its wire tails.

I also wouldn't be surprised if some starters got HA changes like Empoleon did. Out of all of them, the one I'm hoping gets it is Meganium - it's my least favorite of the Johto starters by a long shot but I can admit the poor flower dino needs SOMETHING ffs. Natural Cure would be my pick here. I could also see Sceptile getting its HA changed to Sharpness, since, y'know, leaf blades xdd. I would also like to see Swampert and Emboar get better HAs, but I'm not holding my breath there.
I think we might see one or two, but not much more and I Don't think they're going to crazy with "upgrades".
Teal Mask only did 2 of them and one of those felt more like a long overdue shift that should have been done with the introduction of Competitive to begin with. And who knows what possessed them to give Shiftry -and only Shiftry- an ability replacement; Wind Rider is flavorful certainly & better than Early Bird but you can make that same argument with several "full ability" Pokemon over the years with various odds and ends.

Kind of a shame, there's quite a few pokemon added to the DLC who still have an open slot they could have filled in, too

I think we might see one or two, but not much more and I Don't think they're going to crazy with "upgrades".
Teal Mask only did 2 of them and one of those felt more like a long overdue shift that should have been done with the introduction of Competitive to begin with. And who knows what possessed them to give Shiftry -and only Shiftry- an ability replacement; Wind Rider is flavorful certainly & better than Early Bird but you can make that same argument with several "full ability" Pokemon over the years with various odds and ends.

Kind of a shame, there's quite a few pokemon added to the DLC who still have an open slot they could have filled in, too
I do think with how heavily Indigo Disk is focused on battling and competitive, we could see a few more buffs here than we did in Teal Mask. Granted, I'm not expecting a lot of ability buffs - I think they'll do like five or six maximum if they want to do a lot of buffs. But really, even just two or three really big buffs would be more than fine by me.

Also, a ton of Shiftry's dex entries talk about how it can whip up giant wind storms with its leaf fans, so Wind Rider actually makes a ton of sense as a flavor ability.

I do think with how heavily Indigo Disk is focused on battling and competitive, we could see a few more buffs here than we did in Teal Mask. Granted, I'm not expecting a lot of ability buffs - I think they'll do like five or six maximum if they want to do a lot of buffs. But really, even just two or three really big buffs would be more than fine by me.

Also, a ton of Shiftry's dex entries talk about how it can whip up giant wind storms with its leaf fans, so Wind Rider actually makes a ton of sense as a flavor ability.
I acknowledge it's very flavorful, but like I said you could make flavor acknowledgements for a number of older Pokemon that didn't get touched.
It's why only Shiftry getting the drastic tweak stood out.

I acknowledge it's very flavorful, but like I said you could make flavor acknowledgements for a number of older Pokemon that didn't get touched.
It's why only Shiftry getting the drastic tweak stood out.
My guess for Shiftry is because it's the lead for the last Kieran Battle, complete with a Focus Sash and Tailwind, so I wonder if it was updated in the interest of fitting a Pokemon to Kieran's more imposing/difficult final team. With Wind Rider + Tailwind as a combo, Shiftry makes both a decently-strong first Pokemon, potential team support if it faints while that's in effect, and as the "new" mon for his last team (with no member of the Seedot line rotating into previous matches) it has the more sinister air to befit where his character ends the DLC. If they were thinking ahead to the Indigo Disk and Kieran keeps it, Tailwind is also a very prominent Support move for Doubles, which adds onto the sense of "if using it might as well maximize my benefit too" to make him seem a more dangerous opponent.

Pattern glasses thus make me wonder if we'd see ability changes for okay-ish Mons that the story trainers end up using like the BB E4 or Kieran's inevitable Champion team.

Seems like most of the returning Pokemon are already known. I just hope there is some miracle for that sees Aegislash, Nidoking & Tyrantrum return. Because sometimes you just want to Head Smash all the things.

And if one of those slots is for a mythical that would be nice. I realize the concept is more or less being phased out but it is nice to have a new type introduced outside of the DLCs. Tiny drip of content to get excited for between major releases.

I just hope there is some miracle for that sees Aegislash, Nidoking & Tyrantrum return.
Aegislash is likely since Cyrano's scarf is modeled after the cloth on Honedge/Doublade. Don't know about the other two but on a side note I can see Tyrantrum getting Glaive Rush is GF wants to take away Baxcalibur's signature move within the same gen. Maybe then it could have a real presence in OU.

With the branding of “first partner Pokémon” being a big selling point I think it would be cool to retcon some of the starters. Bring them all up to an equal BST. Some shuffling of hidden abilities, expand *some* movepools etc.

The one thing I didn’t find ridiculous about that “leak” was giving the starters their own TM. None of that will probably happen, at the very least HA swaps maybe, altho I feel like Empoleon was chosen simply because Competitive fits better lore wise/stat wise. Everyone else is relatively set.

With the branding of “first partner Pokémon” being a big selling point I think it would be cool to retcon some of the starters. Bring them all up to an equal BST. Some shuffling of hidden abilities, expand *some* movepools etc.

The one thing I didn’t find ridiculous about that “leak” was giving the starters their own TM. None of that will probably happen, at the very least HA swaps maybe, altho I feel like Empoleon was chosen simply because Competitive fits better lore wise/stat wise. Everyone else is relatively set.
They're not going to change any that were already in SV and of the ones that weren't only Swampert really needs an ability change.

Meanwhile, I consider my first partners to be Claydol, Aron, and Magnemite. A little hard to align with the traditional starters.

Don't know about the other two but on a side note I can see Tyrantrum getting Glaive Rush is GF wants to take away Baxcalibur's signature move within the same gen.
Any particular reason why they would put its signature move on another Pokemon so quickly?

They're not going to change any that were already in SV and of the ones that weren't only Swampert really needs an ability change.
Maybe they will add some former mega exclusive abilities as optional standard abilities. So Swampert gets Torrent or Swift Swim, and HA Damp. Doubt we'll ever see Megas back but maybe this can be Game Freak's way of getting some of the lost options Mega's brought to the table back.

Any particular reason why they would put its signature move on another Pokemon so quickly?
No reason, I've given up trying to understand GF logic. I just feel like it would fit since it's also a Dragon-type and it would make sense for a T-Rex to just rush with a full body tackle (á la Head Smash) but yeah it likely won't happen this Gen.

No reason, I've given up trying to understand GF logic. I just feel like it would fit since it's also a Dragon-type and it would make sense for a T-Rex to just rush with a full body tackle (á la Head Smash) but yeah it likely won't happen this Gen.
Glaive Rush specifically is unlikely to ever see distribution to other pokemon, mainly due to the whole joke it's based upon.

You've seen the animation right? It's on "godzillacalibur" because it's likely a reference to the (extremely questionable) godzilla animations from a very old movie

(please mute the video if you watch it for your own sanity xd)

If anything the only pokemon I could see this distributed to would be Tyranitar and Duralodon lol but unlikely to anything else.

Ah dang, I feel like that was the perfect move to make Tyrantrum truly viable in OU (barring a brand new unknown move)
Believe me, no amount of strong attacks will ever make Tyrantrum viable in OU or VGC because regardless of how hard it hits, it has a awful typing and it's relatively slow, while also being super frail on special side.

The damage was never Tyrantrum's issue, it needs like 50 more speed or a busted ability (like Baxcalibur's) to splash into real viability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)