SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
In hindsight, it was pretty suspicious that the last mons of their trios got their Paradox forms released first. Turns out they were event-only mons that we'll never see again!!! Eusine in shambles once more

So much for the hope that the trio (sextet) would just be wandering around the new parts of Area Zero

There's so many annoying aspects to Pokemon availability this generation

e: I guess the closest comparison would be BW1 Zorua/Zoroark, but at least you could breed for those
What's really bothering me is the lack of the genies and some others in the fixed encounters and no "dynamax adventure" or equivalent mechanic for them.

One would have thought they learned the problem about VGC needing to not be P2W...

Shed tail Sceptile could be interesting with its speed and Giga Drain / Synthesis. Nothing game breaking but nice to see a little callback to its mega.

Kieren: I've got a feeling you're playing puppet master

[few lines later]

Drayton: That's just peachy

*stares directly into the camera*

What's really bothering me is the lack of the genies and some others in the fixed encounters and no "dynamax adventure" or equivalent mechanic for them.

One would have thought they learned the problem about VGC needing to not be P2W...
I mean everything here was likely locked in back when they made the decision to let VGC ignore the mark rule.
It's just how they want to play the game now, I guess.

Charitably, we'll see the genies show up as Raid events. I strongly suspect the Regi will too.

Man I just realized there really isn't any Calyrex or Cosmog gift. This game, I swear to god....

Cope how, exactly?
What even is the cope here, how Psychic Noise works or the fact that is entirely screws over a banned Pokemon hard? Or how Stellar counters defensive Teras perfectly?
And better question is why don’t you contribute to the conversation instead of being a rude asshole for no reason? Would it kill you to actually explain your reasoning in a post for position you hold and not insult people who disagree with you.

Maybe if that “Anti-Annihilape counterattack” move was a signature move of Caterpie that requires a recharge, or if it’s exclusively in Arceus where it also has a 50% chance to give an omni-boost, and that was the only form of counterplay, I’d agree.
But it’s more than just 1 move on only a shitmon, and even goes beyond new moves.
Like 90% of what makes Annihilape broken is its longevity through healing to make Rage Fist stronger, and defensive Teras to juice out Rage Fist even more.
Psychic Noise, a TM move learned decent amount of Pokemon, hits Annihilape not only super effectively but also prevents it from healing for multiple turns.
Stellar Type, being the other major counterplay, is one of the best counters to defensive Teras. No matter what, Stellar type Tera Blast is guaranteed to be super effective against opposing Teras and at the very least neutral to everything else. Considering Annihilape pretty much only using Tera defensively, not exactly a speedster especially with its EV spreads, and most Pokemon can basically ignore Rage Fist until it starts Snowballing, it’s a pretty big nerf to Annihilape and almost entirely ruins its whole gameplan.
Then there are other little things that make Annihilape’s life harder, like a Fairy move that punishes Annihilape when it uses Bulk Up, or protect move that burns it.
It’s at least worth a look at.
Haters will hate but I really agree with this. I'm not saying Annihilape is balanced now, but it should at least be considered and be given a chance at some point, at least after we see how the meta develops.

Metas shift all the time, even without dlcs or updates, we shouldn't be so close-minded about retesting stuff.

Or we end up with stuff like Darkrai, who probably has been bad for a looooong time now but it's just now being freed.

honestly, the thing im most woried about is hydraple. regenerater, recover, good bulk, great spa stat, fickle beam, giga drain, nasty plot, draco meteor, pollen puff, grassy glide, body press, dragon tail, reflect, earth power, yawn, and supersweet syrup. this thing is stacked. its a good thing its quad weak to ice
i also think gouging fire has lots of potential. d dance and great stats do a lot for a mon.
also, eviolite duralodon is something im not sure were ready for.

Does Tera Shell have any offensive benefits? It seems odd that they mention that Terapagos' shell has the power of each type in the ability description.

I was curious because Game Freak seem to love releasing broken abilities and items (especially this gen) for 'special' pokemon, like with the hidden boosts for Ogerpon's masks, and signature abilities this gen seem to usually be overloaded with multiple effects.

I did post the same thing on the research thread, but that seems more formal; this thread seems more casual, so maybe someone could do some quick tests and check if possible.

Last edited:
Hello,
I would like to know if someone has posted here the dump of all the texts of Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, in all languages and including the update with the Indigo Disc DLC. The content normally contains two folders named "scripts" and "common" with 10 text files in each, 1 per language available.
I was able to obtain these text files a year ago when Scarlet and Violet was released, but it doesn't include any of the DLC.
This would help me with fangame translation with the latest moves / abilities / items added. Thank you.

PS: I hope my message will not be drowned out in the discussion :woo:

Hello,
I would like to know if someone has posted here the dump of all the texts of Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, in all languages and including the update with the Indigo Disc DLC. The content normally contains two folders named "scripts" and "common" with 10 text files in each, 1 per language available.
I was able to obtain these text files a year ago when Scarlet and Violet was released, but it doesn't include any of the DLC.
This would help me with fangame translation with the latest moves / abilities / items added. Thank you.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c_322MP70wk__Jcf7AlMP9q1JA_M9szifAt06DPDwww/htmlview#

Hello,

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:Abcboy#Text_dumps
This page has up to date text dumps for all versions of SV in each language.

The legendaries that don't have an encounter will likely be obtained the same way Mewtwo, Dialga and Palkia were. Not sure if we have been all over the potential events either.

Being a full on epilogue story is interesting, and I guess means when the event goes live (I'd bet for Pokemon Day) it's only available if you've beaten the entire DLC

Kind of a shame people without the DLC won't be able to get it. Maybe they'll get something else as a consolation prize, like a different mythic.

Being a full on epilogue story is interesting, and I guess means when the event goes live (I'd bet for Pokemon Day) it's only available if you've beaten the entire DLC

Kind of a shame people without the DLC won't be able to get it. Maybe they'll get something else as a consolation prize, like a different mythic.
doesn’t surprise me too much…

this is gamefreak’s whole thing, right?

locking Pokemon and legendary behind paywalls? It’s been done again and again and it’s no different now

prediction: game freak will release a paradox keldeo alongside another paradox mon that isnt based on any pokemon curently released and blow everyonnes minds
Keldeo and Shaymin would be nice:-) they work nice together as Keldeo has Suicune's water type while Shaymin has Virizion's Grass type
they both have alternate forms as well. thats briliant

Last edited:

YNM

formerly yNot Mence
is a Tiering Contributor
I genuinely believe that Waterpon isn't gonna be nearly as problematic as it was prior to this DLC. It won't be bad, don't get me wrong, but I feel like now there's no way to actually consider it broken/borderline with all the new additions to the meta. We have plenty of very good new Dragon-types with Gouging Fire, Raging Bolt, Archaludon and Hydrapple, all of which I believe have a very solid chance to stay in OU during the next months. Don't forget the returning Roaring Moon, Latios and Latias as well. We also have some new/returning mons that can potentially outspeed it and threaten to KO it, such as Iron Boulder, Serperior and Blaziken with Speed Boost. Finally, Meowscarada is 100% gonna come back to OU and become very popular thanks to its access to Triple Axel, further expanding the pool of mons that can check/threaten Pon. We have a LOT more answers than we used to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)