SD Glis Reborn Team

YO SMOGON
This is my first RMT i hope you enjoy it. I had made this team about 8 months or so ago back when Garchomp was still in the metagame. I really wanted to make a team based around Swords Dance Gliscor. So i'll show you my past teams up untill my current finished one.
First Attempt

So at this point since i had a sand team going, i really wanted to use garchomp also seeing as it was a big threat at this point in the game. One annoying thing about this team though was how Skarmory kind of thrashed it around since i down have a spinner.
Second Attempt

So far this team is doing pretty decent, one way of getting around hazards and Skarmory is just to play little more offensive and negate him trying to set up. Although having Excadrill was a viable threat in the metagame i didn't really like it as it was kind of frail for my taste and i quickly changed it up soon after i changed it from Garchomps place.
Third Attempt

At this point my team is looking pretty standard, but solid. However with the huge threat that it is "Thundurus" i can get swept easily at +2 life orb. Although with sandstorm i can wear it down and revenge kill with Bullet Punch from Scizor. There is always certain situations that allow me to take care of Thundurus. But Thundurus wasn't just the only threat. I have peaked #8 with this version of the team, i had this version for a very long time only recently started to change it up seeing that it needed work.​
Threats thus far:

Thundurus is still OU at this point and one of the most used pokemon out there. Switching around wearing it down and revenge killing it with priority is one way or banking on a miss or a different kind of set Thundurus always helps beating it.

Now at this point my ttar set could touch Volcarona, so at +1 Quiver Dance Volcarona could necessarily sweep me. Again Gliscor can live a Fiery Dance and land a Earthquake off bring it really low so Bullet Punch can KO. If it doesn't have any boosts up latios can take care of it rather easily.

Celebi with Nasty Plot was a HUGE threat to my team at the time seeing as i didn't have Crunch on Tyranitar, even though i had Latios, it is very tough to switch in and fire of a Draco Meteor. Reason being because, the opposing team always has a Pursuiter such as Tyranitar or Scizor to help Celebi with threats such as Latios.

My Tyranitar sets throughout team building:

Tyraniboss (Tyranitar) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SAtk / 192 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
Having Fire Blast allowed me to take care of Ferrthorn easier, also Ice beam allowed me to take care of most Dragons and Gliscor. But the downfall is i cannot doing anything against things like Latias with Calm Mind, Celebi with Nasty Plot, and Volcarona.

EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 192 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Pursuit
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
Losing Fire Blast for Rock Slide allows me to take care of Volcarona living a +2 Bug Buzz at ease, bearing that it isn't life orb. With losing Fire Blast you would think Ferrothorn would be a bigger threat, but having Rotom's Wil-O-Wisp helps a lot with wearing it down and using Scizor to force switches out. Also having Ice Beam allows me to ko Gliscor as most of the time it is switched in on Ttar.

Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Pursuit
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Stealth Rock
Now that i have Crunch Celebi cannot pose as a threat and set up so much with a lot of hp in tact. I can take more hits with the extra SDef bulk and fire off some blows with Crunch. It could either be finished off or revenged killed by a further member of the team. Losing Ice Beam wasn't a big deal what so ever, because i have Rotom and Latios to take care of Gliscor.
Threats now that Thunderus and Excadrill are banned:

Volcarona is still a pretty big threat bearing that there is hax and if my Ttar is gone i basically lose the match. So things need to change about this team.

Now that Excadrill is gone Lucario is used a lot more now and with Ice Punch. I can get swept at first turn if he sets up a Swords Dance. My only chance at beating it is to sac my Ferrothorn and bring it down to about 60% or lower and Bullet Punch it with the -1 Def drop. Although that doesn't work 100% of the time. So again things need to change about the team fast, since it is based around Gliscor.

Fourth Attempt

At this point with Terrakion, Lucario and Volcarona are not as big as threats as before. Although with switching Scizor i cannot use priority, and this Terrakion is actually Banded to help break Stall. So running on no Scarfer and no priority i have yet another threat to this team.​

Also without priority, Dragon Dancing dragons such as these two have a high chance to rain havoc on my team. So another change has to be made.

Scrafty at +1 DD can basically sweep my team, and i can't do anything about it. So yet again a change needs to happen.

Finishing Product

My team is now complete in my eyes and experience, it is now up to date with the metagame. Although losing Latios really takes a lot of Special Attacking power off the team. Rotom's new set really makes up for it as with Banded Terrakions stall breaking power. Now i'll show you my sets and my back up take on them.

Xanxus (Tyranitar) (M) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Stealth Rock
Like i said before, this is the best set i have so far for my Tyranitar that best supports my team. One thing i could probably do is switch Pursuit for Superpower to hit possible things on predicted switch ins etc. Please give me your opinion that.I have changed Pursuit for Superpower for obvious reasons.

Reborn (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 236 HP / 68 Def / 24 SAtk / 180 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Recover
I took Ab2's advice and switched Ferrothorn for Nasty Plot Celebi. It has worked tremendously better as it checks Scizor/Rotom combos with ease. Celebi has a chance to set up on most bulky walls such as Ferrothorn, Jellicent, Blissey and etc. Celebi was a big change and a big help to the team, thanks for the suggestion.

Chrome (Rotom-W) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Rest
This poke keeps changing for the better, resto chesto Rotom as pointed by BKC helps a lot by taking status's and inflicting damage and proceeding to rest up with ease. It helps to bluff the scarf and catch people off guard late game. This set works best for this team thus far.

Enma (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
As a obvious reason for changing this by New World Order, this helps of revenge killing big threats such as DD'rs, Volcarona, and verys others that outspeed my other pokemon.

Tsuna (Scizor) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost
Ab2 suggested a bulkier SD Scizor with the Ferrothorn and Gliscor change so i asked my good friend Mostwanted for a good set, he recommended this one here and it amazing. It takes hits while being able to set up late game and firing off a Bug Bite while taking nothing from a Wil-O-Wisp.

Hibari (Gliscor) (M) @ Flight Gem
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
Ab2 also suggested a Acrobatics Gliscor, it really is great set teaming up with the Sand making some late game sweeps and terminating walls such as Rotom-W by suprise.

Changes in Red

Common Threats of the New Metagame:

Get rocks up, predict around it, revenge with Terrakion, and Sciz can handle it when it's locked into Outrage.

Same exact reasons as Dragonite.

Volcarona is handled way easier now with the help of Tyranitar and Terrakion.

Terrakion is a huge threat with it's double stab Banded Close Combat or Stone Edge as it can 2hko Skarm and Gliscor. Scizor really brings Terrakion threat to this team as will Gliscor to soak hits up.

I can wear it down and it kill it with priority, or if it has Drain Punch and not Hi Jump Kick, than i can live a +1 Drain Punch and kill it off with a Banded Superpower from Scizor.

Terrakion can take care of it if no bullet punch and Gliscor outspeeds and ko's with earthquake.

Thank you for reading my RMT i hope it was enjoyable, I'm open to any suggestions, opinions, or questions.
Peace​

Hello By Myself, excellent Rate My Team. Since you're running Leech Seed on your Ferrothorn, leftovers isn't needed too much. In my opinion you could fit Rocky Helmet on your Ferrothorn to troll Physical Attackers. Getting the hazards damage + an extra 25% damage is pretty neat, it can wear down common threats to your team nicely if predicted correctly. Other than that solid team. Good Luck!

Hello By Myself, excellent Rate My Team. Since you're running Leech Seed on your Ferrothorn, leftovers isn't needed too much. In my opinion you could fit Rocky Helmet on your Ferrothorn to troll Physical Attackers. Getting the hazards damage + an extra 25% damage is pretty neat, it can wear down common threats to your team nicely if predicted correctly. Other than that solid team. Good Luck!
Honestly that is a very good idea, seeing as it could help with the team a bit more. It really hasn't crossed my mind lol, i'll keep it mind.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, this is a very solid sand team, you've also got great understanding of your team as well, as you've managed to pick out most of the big threats. First of all, I suggest switchin Gliscor's EVs to 252 Hp/ 40 Def/ 216 Spe with a Jolly Nature. While this version has less immediate power, it actually is much more potent offensively. Currently, you are relying on Terrakion to beat Lucario, an idea you can kiss goodbye if Lucario opts for Bullet Punch rather than Extremespeed. Mynism's Toxicroak can also come in on Tyrantiar and proceed to wreck your team. With this spread, you can outspeed both and OHKO with Earthquake. I also suggest dropping Protect for Taunt. Conkeldurr could potentially be problematic for this team, easily setting up on Tyranitar and Scizor. Protect Gliscor will lose almost every time. Although Gliscor could still potentially lose 1v1 if the Conkeldurr user plays correctly, at the very least, it can weaken Conkeldurr enough to end the threat.

I also suggest opting for a Choice Scarf Terrakion over Choice Band. This way, Terrakion can nab the revenge kill regardless of Substitute or Hidden Power Ground (unless you miss like a billion time). Choice Scarf Terrakion should also mitigate the Dragonite, Haxorus, Scrafty, and Terrakion problems. Dragonite can no longer just Outrage you for a KO since you outspeed it, Haxorus can survive a Scarf Close Combat at full health, but if weakened enough, Terrakion can finish it off. You gain another method of revenge killing CB Terrakion, and Scarf Terrakion outspeeds Scrafty even at +2 speed, giving you an easy KO. Although you will miss CB Terrakion's sheer power, the number of threats Terrakion neutralizes is well worth the trade off. Plus, Terrakion can easily go on a late game sweep. A +1 Speed Terrakion is incredibly difficult to revenge kill and Close Combat is enough to shred late game even unboosted. I suggest going with Rock Slide as the filler move because sometimes, you really need Volcorona dead, and can't afford a Stone Edge miss.

GL

Sets:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Jolly
252 Hp/ 40 Def/ 216 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Taunt

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Justified
Jolly
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor

Hi, this is a very solid sand team, you've also got great understanding of your team as well, as you've managed to pick out most of the big threats. First of all, I suggest switchin Gliscor's EVs to 252 Hp/ 40 Def/ 216 Spe with a Jolly Nature. While this version has less immediate power, it actually is much more potent offensively. Currently, you are relying on Terrakion to beat Lucario, an idea you can kiss goodbye if Lucario opts for Bullet Punch rather than Extremespeed. Mynism's Toxicroak can also come in on Tyrantiar and proceed to wreck your team. With this spread, you can outspeed both and OHKO with Earthquake. I also suggest dropping Protect for Taunt. Conkeldurr could potentially be problematic for this team, easily setting up on Tyranitar and Scizor. Protect Gliscor will lose almost every time. Although Gliscor could still potentially lose 1v1 if the Conkeldurr user plays correctly, at the very least, it can weaken Conkeldurr enough to end the threat.

I also suggest opting for a Choice Scarf Terrakion over Choice Band. This way, Terrakion can nab the revenge kill regardless of Substitute or Hidden Power Ground (unless you miss like a billion time). Choice Scarf Terrakion should also mitigate the Dragonite, Haxorus, Scrafty, and Terrakion problems. Dragonite can no longer just Outrage you for a KO since you outspeed it, Haxorus can survive a Scarf Close Combat at full health, but if weakened enough, Terrakion can finish it off. You gain another method of revenge killing CB Terrakion, and Scarf Terrakion outspeeds Scrafty even at +2 speed, giving you an easy KO. Although you will miss CB Terrakion's sheer power, the number of threats Terrakion neutralizes is well worth the trade off. Plus, Terrakion can easily go on a late game sweep. A +1 Speed Terrakion is incredibly difficult to revenge kill and Close Combat is enough to shred late game even unboosted. I suggest going with Rock Slide as the filler move because sometimes, you really need Volcorona dead, and can't afford a Stone Edge miss.

GL

Sets:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Jolly
252 Hp/ 40 Def/ 216 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Taunt

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Justified
Jolly
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor
That was an excellent rate, what i really needed. I guess sometimes your brain misses out on some obvious things? Anyways I'm really going to try out the Gliscor set, as with the Terrakion. I have tried scarf before it's challenging but i think with the changes at hand scarf will do much better. I'm just going to have to play better when i battle most stall. I'll try it out and see what i think, thanks.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You do struggle in combatting mixed infernape. CC/Flamethrower hits 4 of your pokes for SE, and nothing resists that combo. I suggest dropping some speed on Rotom and giving it more bulk or replacing it entirely with a starmie. It resists both of CC/Flamethrower, is faster than acroglis and you don't have to rely on hydro pump's shaky accuracy. It also spins.

:]:]:]
[:[:[:

You do struggle in combatting mixed infernape. CC/Flamethrower hits 4 of your pokes for SE, and nothing resists that combo. I suggest dropping some speed on Rotom and giving it more bulk or replacing it entirely with a starmie. It resists both of CC/Flamethrower, is faster than acroglis and you don't have to rely on hydro pump's shaky accuracy. It also spins.

:]:]:]
[:[:[:
You're an asshole chimp, lolololol

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
That was an excellent rate, what i really needed. I guess sometimes your brain misses out on some obvious things? Anyways I'm really going to try out the Gliscor set, as with the Terrakion. I have tried scarf before it's challenging but i think with the changes at hand scarf will do much better. I'm just going to have to play better when i battle most stall. I'll try it out and see what i think, thanks.
Stall teams should if anything, be less of a problem than before. With immunity to status, Taunt, and Swords Dance. Gliscor can wreak havoc against stall teams that don't run Skarmory or Jellicent. As for the slight Infernape problem, Terrakion should be able to handle it with Scarf Close Combat. But to add some insurance, I suggest opting for the standard tank set on Rotom-W. Grass Knot and Fire Blast do jack shit, and it can survive a Close Combat. You should also give some reconsideration for Will-o-Wisp. Yes, its less reliable than Stone Edge O.o but it still very useful for whittling down annoying opponents like Dragonite. You might also want to consider Volt-Switch, simply because of the amount of rage you'll cause the opponent with R-W+Scizor. In the case of SubDD Gyarados, Rotom-W can break the Sub and go to Terrakion, who can finish off the revenge kill. Ferrothorn is also a decent option against Gyara, so you wont miss T-bolt too much.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Levitate
Modest
112 Hp/ 252 SpA/ 144 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-o-Wisp/ HP Fire
- Pain Split

Stall teams should if anything, be less of a problem than before. With immunity to status, Taunt, and Swords Dance. Gliscor can wreak havoc against stall teams that don't run Skarmory or Jellicent. As for the slight Infernape problem, Terrakion should be able to handle it with Scarf Close Combat. But to add some insurance, I suggest opting for the standard tank set on Rotom-W. Grass Knot and Fire Blast do jack shit, and it can survive a Close Combat. You should also give some reconsideration for Will-o-Wisp. Yes, its less reliable than Stone Edge O.o but it still very useful for whittling down annoying opponents like Dragonite. You might also want to consider Volt-Switch, simply because of the amount of rage you'll cause the opponent with R-W+Scizor. In the case of SubDD Gyarados, Rotom-W can break the Sub and go to Terrakion, who can finish off the revenge kill. Ferrothorn is also a decent option against Gyara, so you wont miss T-bolt too much.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Levitate
Modest
112 Hp/ 252 SpA/ 144 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-o-Wisp/ HP Fire
- Pain Split
That actually helps a lot too, damn dude totally upped the team by a lot, exactly what i needed for posting it here. Thanks a lot for rating.

Hi Zach!
The team looks SOLID. One thing that I might recommend...NOW PLEASE DON'T TROLL ME ON SKYPE...but a different and more Bulkier CB Scizor.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 208 HP / 172 Atk / 120 SDef/ 8 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Quick Attack
  • This EV spread still maintains somewhat of Scizor's Power, but gives enough bulk to last longer on the field, and enough speed to out speed Standard CB Scizors.

I personally tried this set out and you'll be amazed to how much hits this set can take. So I hope this helps Zachary Vetere. :]]]]

Hi Zach!
The team looks SOLID. One thing that I might recommend...NOW PLEASE DON'T TROLL ME ON SKYPE...but a different and more Bulkier CB Scizor.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 208 HP / 172 Atk / 120 SDef/ 8 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Quick Attack
  • This EV spread still maintains somewhat of Scizor's Power, but gives enough bulk to last longer on the field, and enough speed to out speed Standard CB Scizors.

I personally tried this set out and you'll be amazed to how much hits this set can take. So I hope this helps Zachary Vetere. :]]]]
You gave me bkc's scizor set, he gave that set to you because Latios gives your team a problem. Not mine so i can have my own scizor set. lolol

Hey there.

First off, I suggest that you run Earthquake over Rock Slide on Terrakion. Earthquake not only lets Terrakion hit Jirachi harder, but it allows it to decimate standard SD Toxicroak, thus minimizing your switches. Also, run an Impish nature on Gliscor in order to give it more defensive bulk; it can still outspeed Lucario and Toxicroak quite easily.

Now, the Rotom-W + Scizor combination can truly cause your team problems, especially since you lack a rapid spinner. Nothing on your team can defeat both of them, thus allowing them to just do as they please with Volt Switch and U-Turn, respectively. Sweepers such as Nasty Plot Celebi and Calm Mind Virizion can also cause severe problems; this is true for Celebi especially since the only reliable method you have to defeat it is to continuously switch out until you get Terrakion in. Entry hazards will greatly deteriorate the health of your pokemon; Celebi can just switch out of Terrakion regardless. Virizion is much the same way, but with Scizor as well. Your team isn't overly benefitting from sandstorm support, so I suggest that you replace Tyranitar with a Latias. Latias can easily defeat the Rotom-W + Scizor combination after Scizor takes entry hazards damage; it can also easily defeat the likes of Nasty Plot Celebi and CM Virizion. It would also provide you with another check to sun teams, and serve as your late game sweeper.

Calm Mind Latias
Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Speed
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

One downside to using Latias is that you lose the Stealth Rock support that was present in Tyranitar. However, this can be easily accommodated by running Stealth Rock over Leech Seed on Ferrothorn. Since Latias is present in your team, it can take attacks from the likes of Rotom-W and Politoed, thus minimizing the damage that Ferrothorn will have to take. Spikes support would greatly benefit your team, so it would not benefit you to replace Spikes for Stealth Rock.

Nice team. Hope I helped, and good luck!

Hey there.

First off, I suggest that you run Earthquake over Rock Slide on Terrakion. Earthquake not only lets Terrakion hit Jirachi harder, but it allows it to decimate standard SD Toxicroak, thus minimizing your switches. Also, run an Impish nature on Gliscor in order to give it more defensive bulk; it can still outspeed Lucario and Toxicroak quite easily.

Now, the Rotom-W + Scizor combination can truly cause your team problems, especially since you lack a rapid spinner. Nothing on your team can defeat both of them, thus allowing them to just do as they please with Volt Switch and U-Turn, respectively. Sweepers such as Nasty Plot Celebi and Calm Mind Virizion can also cause severe problems; this is true for Celebi especially since the only reliable method you have to defeat it is to continuously switch out until you get Terrakion in. Entry hazards will greatly deteriorate the health of your pokemon; Celebi can just switch out of Terrakion regardless. Virizion is much the same way, but with Scizor as well. Your team isn't overly benefitting from sandstorm support, so I suggest that you replace Tyranitar with a Latias. Latias can easily defeat the Rotom-W + Scizor combination after Scizor takes entry hazards damage; it can also easily defeat the likes of Nasty Plot Celebi and CM Virizion. It would also provide you with another check to sun teams, and serve as your late game sweeper.

Calm Mind Latias
Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Speed
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

One downside to using Latias is that you lose the Stealth Rock support that was present in Tyranitar. However, this can be easily accommodated by running Stealth Rock over Leech Seed on Ferrothorn. Since Latias is present in your team, it can take attacks from the likes of Rotom-W and Politoed, thus minimizing the damage that Ferrothorn will have to take. Spikes support would greatly benefit your team, so it would not benefit you to replace Spikes for Stealth Rock.

Nice team. Hope I helped, and good luck!
I can't tell if you're joking bought switching Ttar for Latias.
And Rotom/Sciz combo can easily be broken with ferrothorn and rotom.

Hey There.

Nasty Plot Lucario, Nasty Plot Celebi, Calm Mind Virizion, Mix Ape, and generally sun teams can cause problems to this team. Therefore, I would like to second ShakeItUp's suggestion on Calm Mind Latias over Tyranitar. At this point, you might be curious as to why both of us are suggesting Latias over your weather inducer; well, this team doesnt benefit much from the SandStorm (other than Terrakion's Sp def boost, which isn't that useful anyway). Therefore, a CM latias can cover the threats I mentioned above. HP Fire deals a heavy amount of damage to Nasty Plot Lucario, which allows you to revenge kill it with Scizor the next turn. Both Celebi and Virizion serves as set up fodder for Latias while Infernape wouldn't enjoy taking a Dragon Pulse as U-turn wouldn't do much considering the fact that Latias has excellent bulk.

Next up, slotting Earthquake into your Terrakion would be beneficial, and i believe ShakeItUp mentioned why in his post.

Lastly, i would like to remind you that Ferrothorn + Rotom-W DOES NOT break Rotom-W + Scizor combo at all. Superpower actually OHKOs both Rotom-W and Ferrothorn. You may be thinking Gliscor can work well with both Rotom-W and Ferrothorn by taking hits from Scizor well, but sadly, you're wrong. Good players can predict that.

GL!

Hey There.

Nasty Plot Lucario, Nasty Plot Celebi, Calm Mind Virizion, Mix Ape, and generally sun teams can cause problems to this team. Therefore, I would like to second ShakeItUp's suggestion on Calm Mind Latias over Tyranitar. At this point, you might be curious as to why both of us are suggesting Latias over your weather inducer; well, this team doesnt benefit much from the SandStorm (other than Terrakion's Sp def boost, which isn't that useful anyway). Therefore, a CM latias can cover the threats I mentioned above. HP Fire deals a heavy amount of damage to Nasty Plot Lucario, which allows you to revenge kill it with Scizor the next turn. Both Celebi and Virizion serves as set up fodder for Latias while Infernape wouldn't enjoy taking a Dragon Pulse as U-turn wouldn't do much considering the fact that Latias has excellent bulk.

Next up, slotting Earthquake into your Terrakion would be beneficial, and i believe ShakeItUp mentioned why in his post.

Lastly, i would like to remind you that Ferrothorn + Rotom-W DOES NOT break Rotom-W + Scizor combo at all. Superpower actually OHKOs both Rotom-W and Ferrothorn. You may be thinking Gliscor can work well with both Rotom-W and Ferrothorn by taking hits from Scizor well, but sadly, you're wrong. Good players can predict that.

GL!
Lucario can't do anything when Gliscor outspeeds and ko's, Scarf Terrakion beats MixApe and Virizion aswell as Scizor. honestly you both haven't come up with a reason why Earthquake is so good on Terrakion. Darren we both know you're full of shit, please don't be so stupid and look before you speak.

Lucario can't do anything when Gliscor outspeeds and ko's, Scarf Terrakion beats MixApe and Virizion aswell as Scizor. honestly you both haven't come up with a reason why Earthquake is so good on Terrakion. Darren we both know you're full of shit, please don't be so stupid and look before you speak.
Have you ever heard of Balloon Nasty Plot Lucario? And Don't you know MixApe actually 2HKOs Terrakion with Mach Punch? And you think people wont predict your scizor switch in and hit you hard with a Focus Blast (Your scizor ain't even SP Defensive, lmfao). ShakeItUp did mentioned Earthquake Hits Toxicroak, which may be a problem to your team. And btw, don't blame me if you get your ass infracted for talking shit in a threat (it doesn't matter if it's your threat or not, as long as you're starting shit on smogon, you'll get infracted anyway). Oh yeah, i love how you posted this to let people rate it and can't accept criticism.

lol you were the guy that creeped me on ladder alot but I did get a good understanding of your team at least since I faced you alot. Thank god for alts

It's a really solid team. If i were to change anything it would be to actually add more bulk to your SD gliscor now that you have Scarf terrakion for Dnite/Hax/scrafty/lucario threats. This will take some of the pressure off ferrothorn and especially terrakion(as that checks alot of key threats) since you have trouble dealing with physical stat boosting pokemon.

Gliscor-Impish-Poison Heal
Toxic Orb
244 HP / 184 Def / 80 Speed

-Ice Fang
-Taunt
-Sword Dance
-Earthquake

Another thing that I might reccommend if your struggling against the sun duggy sweeper teams that are on the rise since i dont see anything that likes taking stab fire moves in the sun(even terrakion wears out eventually) or a willowisp and ttar will be hard pressed on getting in since duggy is always a threat is to add a heatran. So if anything were to replace ttar i would say its a calm heatran/Air balloon tran since heatran can not only absorb fire moves but still retains access to SR. If you go air balloon though its going to be a more of a shaky check to volcarona but duggy wont be there to stop you. I'd perfer airballoon in your situation. Calm heatran can be used as a phaser an a more solid volcarona check but air balloon gives you some offensive pressure since most dragons cant really touch a heatran with air balloon.

Heatran-Calm-Flash Fire
Leftovers
252 HP / 252 SPdef / 4 SPatk

-Lava Plume
-Stealth Rocks
-Roar
-Earth power/willowisp

or

Heatran-Modest-Flash Fire
Air Balloon
252 SPatk / 252 Speed / 4 HP

-Fireblast
-Hidden Power Ice
-Earthpower
-Stealth Rocks

Hope you consider these changes :)

Have you ever heard of Balloon Nasty Plot Lucario? And Don't you know MixApe actually 2HKOs Terrakion with Mach Punch? And you think people wont predict your scizor switch in and hit you hard with a Focus Blast (Your scizor ain't even SP Defensive, lmfao). ShakeItUp did mentioned Earthquake Hits Toxicroak, which may be a problem to your team. And btw, don't blame me if you get your ass infracted for talking shit in a threat (it doesn't matter if it's your threat or not, as long as you're starting shit on smogon, you'll get infracted anyway). Oh yeah, i love how you posted this to let people rate it and can't accept criticism.
Criticism is fine, it's teh fact that it's comin from you. Most Mix apes run Grass Knot now because of Gastrodon, most of the time it doesn't even have mach Punch. I've faced countless Infernapes. Honestly if ape was a problem i would put it as a threat. If mach punch can't ohko a Terrakion, then why should worry when cc can ko Ape? Sigh

lol you were the guy that creeped me on ladder alot but I did get a good understanding of your team at least since I faced you alot. Thank god for alts

It's a really solid team. If i were to change anything it would be to actually add more bulk to your SD gliscor now that you have Scarf terrakion for Dnite/Hax/scrafty/lucario threats. This will take some of the pressure off ferrothorn and especially terrakion(as that checks alot of key threats) since you have trouble dealing with physical stat boosting pokemon.

Gliscor-Impish-Poison Heal
Toxic Orb
244 HP / 184 Def / 80 Speed

-Ice Fang
-Taunt
-Sword Dance
-Earthquake

Another thing that I might reccommend if your struggling against the sun duggy sweeper teams that are on the rise since i dont see anything that likes taking stab fire moves in the sun(even terrakion wears out eventually) or a willowisp and ttar will be hard pressed on getting in since duggy is always a threat is to add a heatran. So if anything were to replace ttar i would say its a calm heatran/Air balloon tran since heatran can not only absorb fire moves but still retains access to SR. If you go air balloon though its going to be a more of a shaky check to volcarona but duggy wont be there to stop you. I'd perfer airballoon in your situation. Calm heatran can be used as a phaser an a more solid volcarona check but air balloon gives you some offensive pressure since most dragons cant really touch a heatran with air balloon.

Heatran-Calm-Flash Fire
Leftovers
252 HP / 252 SPdef / 4 SPatk

-Lava Plume
-Stealth Rocks
-Roar
-Earth power/willowisp

or

Heatran-Modest-Flash Fire
Air Balloon
252 SPatk / 252 Speed / 4 HP

-Fireblast
-Hidden Power Ice
-Earthpower
-Stealth Rocks

Hope you consider these changes :)
lol yea i do remember battling you a lot, i will keep those suggestions in consideration. I appreciate the rate. :]

Hi Cheese,

first off, keep Gliscor's EVs but change the nature to Impish. Jolly is used to outrun Jolly Lucario, but that is nowhere to be seen (for good reason too, it's very weak and there's nothing sitting between the 279 - 306 speed mark that Luke has to worry about). Impish Glis outruns Adamant Luke and that's all you need. Also, consider running Facade over Ice Fang; it actually does more damage than Ice Fang, even when 2x super effective [ex: Haxorus, Lati@s], but the real draw is the surprise damage against Rotom-W switchins, who are a real pain for this team because of their coverage and ability to spread burns. Washtom usually treats Glis as a free switch but Facade is a nice 3HKO, meaning you hit it on the switch once, then the next time you come in you SD and most likely have a clean sweep.

Finally, this may seem odd, but try running Chesto Berry > Leftovers and Rest > Pain Split on your own Rotom-W. This gives you an extremely helpful bluff of a choice item and one-time perfect recovery, which is all you'll generally need.
Impish > Jolly on Glis
Facade > Ice Fang on Glis
Chesto Berry > Lefties on Rotom
Rest > Pain Split on Rotom

gl with the team!

Hi Cheese,

first off, keep Gliscor's EVs but change the nature to Impish. Jolly is used to outrun Jolly Lucario, but that is nowhere to be seen (for good reason too, it's very weak and there's nothing sitting between the 279 - 306 speed mark that Luke has to worry about). Impish Glis outruns Adamant Luke and that's all you need. Also, consider running Facade over Ice Fang; it actually does more damage than Ice Fang, even when 2x super effective [ex: Haxorus, Lati@s], but the real draw is the surprise damage against Rotom-W switchins, who are a real pain for this team because of their coverage and ability to spread burns. Washtom usually treats Glis as a free switch but Facade is a nice 3HKO, meaning you hit it on the switch once, then the next time you come in you SD and most likely have a clean sweep.

Finally, this may seem odd, but try running Chesto Berry > Leftovers and Rest > Pain Split on your own Rotom-W. This gives you an extremely helpful bluff of a choice item and one-time perfect recovery, which is all you'll generally need.
Impish > Jolly on Glis
Facade > Ice Fang on Glis
Chesto Berry > Lefties on Rotom
Rest > Pain Split on Rotom

gl with the team!
Hello user BKC,
I appreciate the rate, and i will actually try those changes out right now. They do make a lot of sense of course regarding how my team looks thus far. Thanks

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Well opposing Rotom-W are definitely going to give you some problems. You say that you want to build a successful team around swords dance Gliscor, yet its no 1 counter still gives your team quite a lot of trouble. Although Ferrothorn is a pretty solid switch into some of Rotom-W's assaults, nothing is going to enjoy taking will-o-wisp. A burn will pretty much put Ferrothorn out of commission for the rest of the match meaning that you will have to rely on Terrakion and Scizor to wear down any incoming Rotom-W. To be honest, I think that nasty plot Celebi could work really well on this team. It's pretty much a hard counter to Rotom-W and other bulky waters, and you will be able to run enough speed so that it can function as a decent check to swords dance Lucario. Ferrothorn is the pretty obvious 'mon to replace here for Celebi with a spread of 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 Spe and a modest nature.

I think that a pretty interesting option on Gliscor would be to try out the flying gem + acrobat set. With this change, Gliscor can lure in threats such as Rotom-W and Slowbro so that your other team members, namely Scizor and Terrakion, will be able to have a field day with the opposing team. Although Gliscor will lose a good degree of defensive capability if you decide to swap to this set, the fact that you can lure in and most likely 2HKO defensive threats such as Rotom-W and Slowbro will really put the pressure on your opponent. With this change, I would also change Scizor to a bulkier swords dance spread. Since Gliscor will be luring in to eliminate opposing Rotom-W, and your team deals with a most of the other 'mons that give Scizor trouble, changing it to a swords dance variant give you some more sweeping potential for later on in the match. gl.

Well opposing Rotom-W are definitely going to give you some problems. You say that you want to build a successful team around swords dance Gliscor, yet its no 1 counter still gives your team quite a lot of trouble. Although Ferrothorn is a pretty solid switch into some of Rotom-W's assaults, nothing is going to enjoy taking will-o-wisp. A burn will pretty much put Ferrothorn out of commission for the rest of the match meaning that you will have to rely on Terrakion and Scizor to wear down any incoming Rotom-W. To be honest, I think that nasty plot Celebi could work really well on this team. It's pretty much a hard counter to Rotom-W and other bulky waters, and you will be able to run enough speed so that it can function as a decent check to swords dance Lucario. Ferrothorn is the pretty obvious 'mon to replace here for Celebi with a spread of 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 Spe and a modest nature.

I think that a pretty interesting option on Gliscor would be to try out the flying gem + acrobat set. With this change, Gliscor can lure in threats such as Rotom-W and Slowbro so that your other team members, namely Scizor and Terrakion, will be able to have a field day with the opposing team. Although Gliscor will lose a good degree of defensive capability if you decide to swap to this set, the fact that you can lure in and most likely 2HKO defensive threats such as Rotom-W and Slowbro will really put the pressure on your opponent. With this change, I would also change Scizor to a bulkier swords dance spread. Since Gliscor will be luring in to eliminate opposing Rotom-W, and your team deals with a most of the other 'mons that give Scizor trouble, changing it to a swords dance variant give you some more sweeping potential for later on in the match. gl.
I have tried Celebi once before instead of Ferrothorn, i used it unsuccesfully though, looking at it and with the changes you suggest. I think it can do a little better, i would just have to change up my style when it comes to Scizors. Thank you for the rate, and i'll try out those changes you suggested. :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)