Set Fire to the Rain - OU Sun

Hello! I am new both the Smogon Forums and the Pokemon Competitive scene. I play competitive yugioh and I must say this place looks a lot like pojo >.<

Tenki (Ninetales) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Hypnosis
- Flamethrower
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball

Ninetails is the core of the team, as with every other sun team. When I tested her on showdown the scarf put in major work. Hypnosis works great as a pseudo taunt against lead stealth rocks and other gimmics. Flamethower > Fire Blast. I prefer consistency to power. I have a few sweeps under my belt thanks to this set. "Tenki" is a reference to yugioh card that is a strong core to many decks.

Num-Num (Snorlax) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Whirlwind

Sun boosted fire punch is always a good thing. During my matches, snorlax puts in work. The fire/ice punch combo was often unpredicted. This was especially true against Dancing Dragons, Ferrothorns, Landos, Jirachis, and Celebis. Whirlwind is there to stop opponents from setting up from me.
He is also very very huggable.

Marshamallon (Vaporeon) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Marshmallon is the defensive core on this team. The set is standard, but standard is good. Wish was was an intricate part of the set when I mained donphan, but I now I see myself dropping it for another move.

Waifugant (Lilligant) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Petal Dance
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Waifugant is the team's janitor. All she does is SWEEP xD
I decided on adding in HP ground to cover her ICE/Fire weakness. When fighting that weather war she is mediocre against most rain teams, but puts in work against most sandstorm teams.

Elefun (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast

I'm not really sure about this guy to be perfectly honest. I had recently removed Donphan from the team after testing. If anyone has better suggestions for a defensive poke I would be glad to hear it.

CCCCC-ComboBreaker (Crobat) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Acrobatics
- Super Fang
- U-turn
- Whirlwind

As his name implies, Combobreaker is the main wallbreaker. This guy is my favorite addition to the team. As most of you know Gem-Accrobatics is nothing to mess with. Super fang and Acrobatics are a deadly combo that can end most pokes. Also look at that mustache.

This thread will be locked the moment a moderator sees it. To spare you the embarassment and annoyance, I'll tell you quickly what to fix. If a mod sees this and he hasn't made the changes yet, do him a solid and assume he will.
Check some other RMT's on this site. You need lengthy (think at least four sentences, something fun to read) descriptions per Pokemon, explaining why you chose that set, what role it has on the team, and any changes you're considering making. You can also add optional things such as a list of specific threats you want adressed, or even a Teambuilding process where you explain how you formed this team. Pictures are technically optional I believe, but you should add them, just insert sprites from some archive or a picture from Google.
Once you've given descriptions and added pictures, I will gladly rate the team, as will others.

REPLY: No problem, I was new once too, I made this same mistake more than once. Now you know lol. Looks like an interesting team, anyway.

I can do that.
Sorry :/

EDIT:Mods, if you leave it unlocked I will edit it and add said stuff.
EDIT2: Will add the sprites. Give me a sec.
EDIT3: Done I think? phew >.<

Alright, good job fixing the thread! Good sprites. The descriptions are still a bit short to be honest, but I think it's fine.

On Snorlax, I think you should replace one of the attacks for Body Slam. The STAB and paralysis chance is crucial. Which attack you replace is up to you, as they're all important, pick whichever one you find yourself using least. Perhaps Crunch? You could also get rid of Whirlwind, as you already have phazing on your Crobat.

Venusaur is a good choice to replace over Lilligant. Though the lack of Quiver Dance might initially turn you off, I think you'll find a Life Orb set with Growth, Hidden Power Fire, Sludge Bomb, and Giga Drain to be a much better overall sweeper, due to its bulk allowing it to set up.

To replace Heatran, I suggest a Garchomp with the following set.

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

While I'm usually not a fan of that set (it has little sweeping capability) it actually works quite well on this particular sun team. You'll have no trouble setting up Stealth Rock. Outrage and Earthquake provide superb power, and the pseudo-STAB offered by sun will make Fire Blast pack a punch when super effective.

Good luck!

I decided on adding in HP ground to cover her ICE/Fire weakness. When fighting that weather war she is mediocre against most rain teams, but puts in work against most sandstorm teams.
Hmmm? Ice isn't weak to HP Ground.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)