Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

Rpj187, could you add yourself to the spreadsheet?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...RDV0trZXpwMDFvSFBfVkRDTVE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

EDIT: Okay, I've hatched 2000 eggs, and I'm done counting eggs. I'll keep going for aegislash, but that might be my last one. I'll still be monitoring the spreadsheet (ranking people based on their egg counts and looking for errors) but other than that I'm pretty much done here. Happy egg hatching guys; the end is in sight!

Last edited:
Rpj187, could you add yourself to the spreadsheet?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...RDV0trZXpwMDFvSFBfVkRDTVE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

EDIT: Okay, I've hatched 2000 eggs, and I'm done counting eggs. I'll keep going for aegislash, but that might be my last one. I'll still be monitoring the spreadsheet (ranking people based on their egg counts and looking for errors) but other than that I'm pretty much done here. Happy egg hatching guys; the end is in sight!
My name disappeared from the research sheet :/ I was close to the 1000 hatched eggs.

I think this research will have negative impact if people continue editing other user's data/delete them from the list.

Edit: I hatched 900 eggs and got 2 shinies, seems some user changed my username, so I will change it again to mine (yuukarin)

Last edited:
I deleted it because I saw 2 yuukarins, and I had assumed that I made a mistake when I re-ranked people. Currently there is one Yuukarin and one 13mjvr

Also, I keep backups of the spreadsheets in the event that someone will do something stupid, although Google Drive has a revision history which basically does that for me.

EDIT: Hmm. I know I deleted one of the 2 yuukarins, but I can't find the other one that should be there. Yeah, it was around 900 eggs

I would recommend logging your eggs under just 1 username? That way there'll be less confusion

EDIT 2: Yeah, I see what you did. That should make things better. I went through the revision history and I can confirm that it was 900 eggs with 2 shinies.

Last edited:
AAAA I just hatched a shiny at egg #331! ...it's male, though, and only has 4 IVs (because Attack doesn't count). My ideal goal is a 5 IV female, which is rather unrealistic, but a good motivation to get to the 1000 pledge. Maybe I'll even do another thousand.

Aha. By looking at the revision history, I also found where the mix-up regarding line 19 was created. Someone accidentally replaced a name. Fixing that now.

Ok yuukarin, I added you back on the sheet.

Hmm. I'm thinking of doing more eggs, since I cleared out two more boxes, and I discovered that sticking my ds in my sock and shaking my foot for 20 min gives me max hatching power around the clock... Yeah, count me in for a few hundred more lol

Updated my post on page 5 again as well as the spreadsheet. 2 Shinies within the same 100! I figure I'll continue to update my post even after the group reaches its goal, as more eggs can only help to further solidify the rate, and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon.

up to 120, hatched a shiny, updated original pledge to 240

fucking shiny vulpix WHY WON'T YOU HAVE DROUGHT? AND WHY IS SPECIAL ATTACK YOUR IMPERFECT STAT???

I've had my shiny charm for a while now, but only just got a 5IV foreign Pokemon, so I can finally contribute. I pledge 90 eggs for now and will continue to update as I do more (I'll add myself to the spreadsheet when they are all hatched)
I'm using a male GER Squirtle and female ENG Whismur.
EDIT: Perfect 5IV Shiny whismur at Egg #26! Going to hatch the rest now and then update spreadsheet.

Going to go for shiny feebas now in batches of 100.
#1-100 - Shiny Whismur, Egg #26
#101-200 - TWO Shiny Feebas' on eggs #146 & #149! Sadly they are both 4IV but I'm not worried :D.
#201-300 - Shiny Swinub on egg #261! I've got more shinies in the last few days doing this than in the last 12 years of playing Pokemon! I'm certain that the two stack (Charm and MM)
#301-400 - Nothing
#401-500 - In Process - Shiny Porygon on egg #446!

Last edited:
Will be breeding batches of 100, probably up to 1000. I won't stop once I obtain a shiny. I DO have the shiny charm. JAP (M) shuckle x ENG (F) Illumise. Will update the spreadsheet periodically

#1-100 - None
#101-200 - None
# 201 - 300 209 - Shiny Illumise. Good stats, correct gender. Has oblivious :( 249 - Got my prankster Illumise, missing HP though. still 2 in 300. Can't complain. Will update tomorrow for 4/500

Last edited:
Recently got a perfect Japanese Mawile through wonder trade so I thought I'd help out. I am breeding my JPN Mawile and my FRE Emboar. I will pledge 300 eggs for now.

EDIT: 150 eggs in, nothing so far!

EDIT 2: 300 eggs, no shinies.

Last edited:
Recently obtained the shiny charm, and am starting to breed a Japanese Ditto (Japenese region AND language) with 2 perfect IVs and my own bred female Ralts with 5 perfect IVs. (American region, English language)

I will hatch in batches of 100, and edit this post and the spreadsheet as I complete each batch. Unfortunately, however, I will be at work all day, so I probably won't get a chance to update until late tonight.

EDIT:

Batch 1 (1-100): Completed, no shiny.
Batch 2 (101-200): Completed, no shiny.
Batch 3 (201-300): Completed, no shiny.
Batch 4 (301-400): Completed, no shiny.

I'll continue in batches of 100, as long as my work schedule allows. Updating spreadsheet now.

EDIT: I'm probably going to take a break for a few days; I have some other Pokemon I want to breed for perfect IVs, as I want to work on a couple teams.

Last edited:
Hey, I was just thinking, the original poster says "Therefore, I will assume the chance of hatching a Masuda Method shiny in X/Y is 6/4096 (=3/2048)." How confident are we that this is the actual MM shiny rate (without shiny charm) though? I mean it was lowered in Gen 5 wasn't it? Isn't it plausible that they lowered it again?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)