SM OU Shitzkrieg - Relentless USUM OU offense

Blitzkrieg is a tactic in warfare in which a concentration of condensed heavy ornaments are focused to break the opponent's line of defenses with a series of short, powerful attacks from multiple angles that seek to disorient the opponent until they can be finished off. Thus, I was inspired to make a team that would down on opponent's with a whole load of bullshit, overwhelming offense with a solid, non-passive defense, and so shitzkrieg was born.

Kamina Dies in Ep8 (Excadrill) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill is here to do several things. Spin away rocks and spikes for the rest of the team (especially volcarona), spoil Gurren Lagann for those who haven't watched it yet, and laugh in Mega Sableye's face as he sets up rocks and toxic it, for his drill is the drill that pierces the magic bounce. After doing it's job, drill usually faints pretty early, unless I choose to preserve it in case I need hazard removal.

Prepped (Tapu Bulu) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Atk / 36 Def / 52 SpD / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Bulu's the glue that holds this team together and, true to it's name, cuck a myriad of offensive mons, particularly ash-greninja and keldeo. It's grassy terrain provides great support for the rest of the team, particularly mawile and ttar who no longer have to fear earthquake. Even with a defensive spread, Bulu hits fairly hard with it's STAB moves and has nature's madness to ensure steel types do not switch in for free. Bulu has excellent offensive and defensive synergy with TTar in particular, with one typically resisting the other's weaknesses.

The IRS (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

5 generations later and Tyranitar is still the Pokemon equivalent of the IRS: A hulking, terrifying monster nobody can escape from. It pursuit traps the likes of the latis and other psychic types, and thanks to grassy terrain from bulu, can easily trap latios even if it has earthquake. And seeing as how volcarona lacks bug buzz, the fact that ttar is there to threaten the latis is a huge boon. Other than fire punch to deal with steel types, all banded ttar really needs is it's STAB moves, as it hits ridiculously hard and ensures almost no mon will come in for free.

Pull my hair daddy (Mawile-Mega) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Swords dance mega mawile is a nightmare to face against anyone foolish enough to let it set up, particularly versus offensive teams. Maw can serve as a mid-to-late game wallbreaker, sometimes even early if the opposing team is weak to it, as well as a sweeper/cleaner. Knock off is nice utility and ensures maw can defeat almost any defensive mon after a boost and cripple it's usual checks. Sucker punch is the sole, albeit extremely strong, priority move on this team, and can force some very fun and deadly mindgames.

Vitamin D (Volcarona) @ Firium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Quiver Dance

Volcarona is another terrifying setup mon that every team should be prepared for. Though supposedly a late game sweeper, I've found that sometimes early to mid game is great for volcarona, who can terrify teams as they scramble to find an answer to it, often playing right into my hands via predictability or getting smacked by a coverage move. Firium Z is used as an absolute, all-purpose nuke that can hit almost any threat reasonably hard. Psychic and hidden power ground are for smacking toxapex, keldeo, and heatran, all very popular mons in the meta right now. Volcarona's biggest problem is 4MSS, with this set in particular being walled by the latis and to a lesser extent zygarde and garchomp, but with ttar and bulu in the back I have decent answers to both of those mons.

Mike Pence (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

And finally, Zapdos is our physical wall and backup hazard control. Reliable recovery ensures it's longevity to consistently deal with hazards, discharge can often bring about inconvenient paralysis, and it's stellar defensive typing ensures that, in conjunction with tapu bulu, I will not lose to deadly physical mons like hawlucha and kartana.

So, what do you all think? Any suggestions?

Kamina Dies in Ep8 (Excadrill) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Prepped (Tapu Bulu) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Atk / 36 Def / 52 SpD / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

The IRS (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Pull my hair daddy (Mawile-Mega) @ Mawilite
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Vitamin D (Volcarona) @ Firium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Quiver Dance

Mike Pence (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Volca -> PsychiumZ > FiriumZ
PsychiumZ can help you to break pex more easily
Scarf Landorus (w/ rocks) > Excadrill
Scarf landorus is the best speed cobtrol possible in your team imo
Landorus set:
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Putting rocks on scarf lando seems really odd, and I use drill because it compresses rocks, hazard control, and anti-megasab utility all in one. I use firium on volc because it's generally more useful as +1 psychic into unboosted psychic KOs toxapex after rocks anyhow. I understand that speed control is nice but volc does need the support and without excadrill the stall matchup is that much worse.

Sash Excadrill is more for a hyper offense playstyle, where you are constantly applying pressure so your opponents can't defog, without losing their defogger in the process. Here, you have mons that lose momentum such as bulu, which often gets volt switched/uturned on by Tapu koko, and your opponent can then defog your hazards away. If you want a hazard setter that can get past M-Sableye, Clefable is your best bet. It also counters Coil Zygarde, which runs through your whole team.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Wish/Calm Mind/Thunder wave

Wish keeps your mons healthy, Calm mind can beat special attackers and act as a wincon, and thunder wave allows you to cripple the ever prevalent Heatran, which annoys your team. Knock is also an option for pesky Gliscors and Trans, but Thunder wave makes it so Maw can outspeed and kill it.

Great suggestion, thanks m8, anything else? Though I do think having only one form of hazard control with volcarona on the team is questionable. Is it okay or should I maybe replace volc?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)