Pending Show who are section leaders in roomlist

I think that would definitely work, an alternative to that if it doesn’t would be to include section leaders in roomauth I guess

Edit: Forgot that Section Leaders are actually global auth so showing them in roomauth wouldn’t work.

Last edited:
I think that would definitely work, an alternative to that if it doesn’t would be to include section leaders in roomauth I guess
That would likely lead to too much confusion, honestly. For rooms where roomauth have specific jobs to do (eg. managing a game (game rooms) or hosting daily tours etc.) that the section leaders don't do, it sounds like a hassle. I think, anyways.

Personally I think the most logical one (albeit maybe slightly confusing still)

Is to add to the bottom message in the form of;
"Trivia is a public room so global auth with no relevant roomauth will have authority in this room. Trivia is part of the "on-site game" section. The section leaders of this section are pants/mez/awa" or something in that vein maybe? So that it clearly marks them as not room-auth but does provide the very valuable info of who the section leaders are (and what section a room is in) for each room

pants

*dies inconveniently*
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As a section leader, I’d personally rather not be listed in /roomauth at all in rooms that I’m not roomauth, and I believe that is also the intent of upper staff. When people appeal punishments and such to global staff, a common-ish response (at least from me) is “Type /roomauth [relevant room]in another room; PM a bolded name that you see under mods or ROs.” SLs should probably not be included in this and other things where users want to know the roomauth of a room; we aren’t considered roomauth, and if we are, we would have an actual rank in the room.

I think a better solution would be to show the room’s section in /roomauth, and have a universal message directing people to use /sectionleaders to find the relevant section leaders. Something like [Room] is part of the [section] section. To see a list of all sections and section leaders, use /sectionleaders. at the bottom of /roomauth.

As a section leader, I’d personally rather not be listed in /roomauth at all in rooms that I’m not roomauth, and I believe that is also the intent of upper staff. When people appeal punishments and such to global staff, a common-ish response (at least from me) is “Type /roomauth [relevant room]in another room; PM a bolded name that you see under mods or ROs.” SLs should probably not be included in this and other things where users want to know the roomauth of a room; we aren’t considered roomauth, and if we are, we would have an actual rank in the room.

I think a better solution would be to show the room’s section in /roomauth, and have a universal message directing people to use /sectionleaders to find the relevant section leaders. Something like [Room] is part of the [section] section. To see a list of all sections and section leaders, use /sectionleaders. at the bottom of /roomauth.
That does sound like a better idea. But how bout instead of saying that, there is a message similar to the global auth where it says that they will have power in the room even if they have no relevance in it, but instead it would just be about section leaders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)