Programming Showdex - An Auto-Updating Damage Calculator Built into Showdown!

Here are some examples of it happening. It's not a huge deal because I can adjust it manually but def would prefer it it could be fixed!
Moves in Broken Cup are completely randomized, so a lot of the sets that display are not relevant. But your own pokemon's set shouldn't be empty or "predicted" because it's already known. It can be frustrating when it doesn't input moves or inputs the wrong moves for your own characters.

Moves in Broken Cup are completely randomized, so a lot of the sets that display are not relevant. But your own pokemon's set shouldn't be empty or "predicted" because it's already known. It can be frustrating when it doesn't input moves or inputs the wrong moves for your own characters.
Yeah that's my problem. I'm certainly not expecting showdex to show my opponent's sets, but it's super weird that I can't see my own.

Got a Gen 9 Random battle where the calc inaccurately calculated Last Respect base power at 150 rather than 200 at 3 fainted. Last fainted was Rotom-H, 1 turn before this calc comes into play:
Screenshot (21).png
Screenshot (17).png

Huh I'm guessing this is some kind of accessibility feature like screen reader or something like that maybe.
Sorry for my late response, I don't know if you're still having this problem but I can try to help.
Could you give me a few more details:
  1. Is it iPhone or Android? If Android, what browser are you using?
  2. Do you have any special accessibility features on or anything like that?
  3. Does this only happen with Showdex? When does it happen?
It seems that because I have installed a Chinese translation plugin here, the accessible text does not appear when the plugin is not in use

It seems that because I have installed a Chinese translation plugin here, the accessible text does not appear when the plugin is not in use
Ohhh yep that makes sense, I guess that plugin somehow triggers the ARIA accessibility text to show up, I'm not sure why but I guess that solves the mystery :) Hopefully one day we can have a Chinese translated version of Showdex, that would be awesome!

Got a Gen 9 Random battle where the calc inaccurately calculated Last Respect base power at 150 rather than 200 at 3 fainted. Last fainted was Rotom-H, 1 turn before this calc comes into play:
View attachment 540186View attachment 540187
Interesting, someone else on our Discord also reported this too. I was just testing it and it seemed to be working perfectly, but then I got to 3 mon fainted and it stopped working. No idea why it stops working with 3 mon fainted lol that's really interesting. We'll take a look into it and fix it in the next patch.

Thanks for letting us know, we appreciate it :totodiLUL:

having issues where new sets for randbats are not being shown on Firefox addon
example: tera fire noivern for gen 9 random battles i saw while spectating a world cup game:

have lost elo over this bc I'm ungabunga calcdex gamer, pls fix

If a battle finishes (irl, thisll happen earlier if a battle ends while you arent caught up) while you're using Calcdex as a battle overlay, the "Close Calcdex" button next to "Download Replay" will turn into "Open Calcdex" despite Calcdex staying open when you finish the battle. If you press either the "Open Calcdex" or the "Close Calcdex" (at the bottom of Calcdex) button, it won't do anything except make the "Open Calcdex" button say "Close Calcdex". They work normally after that.

Screenshot 2023-09-10 115638.png

I've noticed that some of the calcs in randbats are wrong since the DLC update, particularly for pokemon new to the game. For example, I had out a Girdur and my opponent had a Sandshrew (which I corrected to have a hardy nature), and calcdex indicated that drainpunch had a 27.1-32.6% range, but when I used it, drain punch only did 25%.
1695133216638.png

1695133114643.png

Am I missing something here? I've noticed this seems to be a consistent issue; almost every calc into a new mon seems to be at least 1 to 2% higher than the damage actually comes out to be.

EDIT: As a note, it doesn't look like the level is being pulled wrong or something like that:
1695133287484.png

I've noticed that some of the calcs in randbats are wrong since the DLC update, particularly for pokemon new to the game. For example, I had out a Girdur and my opponent had a Sandshrew (which I corrected to have a hardy nature), and calcdex indicated that drainpunch had a 27.1-32.6% range, but when I used it, drain punch only did 25%.
View attachment 553610

View attachment 553609

Am I missing something here? I've noticed this seems to be a consistent issue; almost every calc into a new mon seems to be at least 1 to 2% higher than the damage actually comes out to be.

EDIT: As a note, it doesn't look like the level is being pulled wrong or something like that:
View attachment 553611
It's because the EVs default to 0 for the new mons when it should be 85 for each stat.

vesp

match head burning on the frozen ground
is a Contributor to Smogon
How exactly would you install on android? The chrome web store only give the option to download to desktop.

How exactly would you install on android? The chrome web store only give the option to download to desktop.
That depends on what browser you're using. Kiwi Browser should just be simple click-to-install like any desktop browser. Firefox Beta instructions are in the OP. If neither of those, re-read the OP because you're using the wrong browser.

I also noticed that Ogerpon's move, Ivy Cudgel, doesn't seem to be entirely correct if I'm remembering correctly (the movement changes type depending on the Pokémon's form). So it's good to review and see that and also see new things from the DLC (maybe there are more things that need to be reviewed).

-------------
Ursaluna-Bloodmoon's Blood Moon move also hits ghost Pokémon like Mismagius, thanks to its Mind's Eye ability.

Last edited:
+2 Lvl 65 84 Atk Koraidon Scale Shot (3 hits) vs. Lvl 77 84 HP / 84 Def Cinderace: 147-174 (58.8 - 69.6%) -- approx. 2HKO

+2 Lvl 65 84 Atk Koraidon Scale Shot (4 hits) vs. Lvl 77 84 HP / 84 Def Cinderace: 196-232 (78.4 - 92.8%) -- approx. 2HKO

+2 Lvl 65 84 Atk Koraidon Scale Shot (5 hits) vs. Lvl 77 84 HP / 84 Def Cinderace: 245-290 (98 - 116%) -- approx. 81.3% chance to OHKO

If the Pokémon has Loaded Dice, the showdex could now show 4 hits instead of 3, just like the standard calculator which automatically leaves 4 hits. And being able to select the number of hits we want on the calculator is cool too.

Apparently showdex does not consider eviolite in Dipplin.

I also noticed that Ogerpon's move, Ivy Cudgel, doesn't seem to be entirely correct if I'm remembering correctly (the movement changes type depending on the Pokémon's form). So it's good to review and see that and also see new things from the DLC (maybe there are more things that need to be reviewed).

-------------
Ursaluna-Bloodmoon's Blood Moon move also hits ghost Pokémon like Mismagius, thanks to its Mind's Eye ability.

+2 Lvl 65 84 Atk Koraidon Scale Shot (3 hits) vs. Lvl 77 84 HP / 84 Def Cinderace: 147-174 (58.8 - 69.6%) -- approx. 2HKO

+2 Lvl 65 84 Atk Koraidon Scale Shot (4 hits) vs. Lvl 77 84 HP / 84 Def Cinderace: 196-232 (78.4 - 92.8%) -- approx. 2HKO

+2 Lvl 65 84 Atk Koraidon Scale Shot (5 hits) vs. Lvl 77 84 HP / 84 Def Cinderace: 245-290 (98 - 116%) -- approx. 81.3% chance to OHKO

If the Pokémon has Loaded Dice, the showdex could now show 4 hits instead of 3, just like the standard calculator which automatically leaves 4 hits. And being able to select the number of hits we want on the calculator is cool too.
We're close to finishing the next patch, which will fix all these issues and more :) we've been having fun with Ditto and Zoroark, but we're hoping to release it in the next couple days!
Also we plan to allow you to edit the # of hits for multi-hit moves with the following patch :totodiLUL:

having issues where new sets for randbats are not being shown on Firefox addon
example: tera fire noivern for gen 9 random battles i saw while spectating a world cup game:

have lost elo over this bc I'm ungabunga calcdex gamer, pls fix
sorry about that, it's probably due to the Set Caching setting. To fix it, go to the settings and set "Cache sets for" to "1 day" or "Never" so the sets are updated more frequently.
1697092434284.png

We'll have full support for the DLC in the next patch coming soon :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)