Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
It's been a while since I've posted on this thread. Lets start it out with this.
-Salamence in Ubers (A fantastic Pokemon in OU, but even Rayquazza is better in Ubers)
-Dragon Rage Charizard Anything
-Hydro Pump, HP Flying Gyarados
-Donphan
-Swoobat in OU. Not terrible, just not good.
-A surprisingly effective Curse/Return Sylveon
-Ledian
-Sunflora
-Sawsbuck is debatably the best Sun sweeper. Not when it has Feint Attack and Camouflage.
-Murkrow (Admittedly it was a fantastic Evolite user, heh)
-Mega Lucario should go back to OU. It gets raped in Ubers.
-Special Torterra Torterra
-UNOWN
-Memento Latios
-Using a Dragon move on Gardevoir
-Non-Mega Gardevoir
-Non-Mega Charizard
-Non-Mega Gyarados Oh wait that one's actually not terrible
Salamence is legit in Ubers as a partner to Rayquaza (or at least it was in Gen 4).
Sawsbuck lost any usefullness it had when Nature Power became Tri Attack instead of Earthquake in WiFi matches.
Just because an Uber sucks in Ubers doesn't mean it should be OU; Deo-N is worthless an is still too good for OU.

Salamence is legit in Ubers as a partner to Rayquaza (or at least it was in Gen 4).
Sawsbuck lost any usefullness it had when Nature Power became Tri Attack instead of Earthquake in WiFi matches.
Just because an Uber sucks in Ubers doesn't mean it should be OU; Deo-N is worthless an is still too good for OU.
Remember, ubers is first a banlist then a tier. Or at least that's what they claim

Well, you were kind of mean there at the end. To be honest, aside from special Arcanine and Iron Head Metagross (why Iron Head when Meteor Mash exists?), everything that the opponent used was acceptable. I used Agilitygross in Gen V to some success. Metagross is one of those Pokemon that prompts switches and so can Agility to abuse that. I guess Iron Head was somehow useful there with the flinch haxing from Agility, but I would have still run Meteor Mash for the attack increase.

You on the other hand, left a Ditto, which had very little PP and less HP than Metagross, to try to kill it. Obviously it doesn't appear that it had Earthquake or else you should have used it. And he was VERY skillful using his Mega Banette in my opinion. I mean having both Shadow Sneak and Knock Off is usually a waste, but he used the two attacks the best he could. And the Destiny Bond in the end was pretty much what I've seen more Mega Banette use when it really can't kill the opponent (It wouldn't be able to kill it with Knock Off).

Sometimes, you only need a couple really good Pokemon to take down an entire team.
Well duh I was being mean, I just got haxed to hell by Iron Head and Zen Headbutt. I was posting mostly because of the unrealistically bad hax I got but his Fire Spin Arcanine did make me lol. I mean Cradily is a weird fit too but I don't even think he got used.

And you do realize I had no other choice but to weaken Meta with Ditto since nothing could outspeed him at +2, right? Even when I had ANOTHER chance to KO him, I got flinched. Sometimes, you only need a could really bad hax to take down an entire team.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-132241788
  • Guard Swap Accelgor
  • Accelgor in OU at all
  • Double Edge Mixed Char X
  • Non Protean Air Balloon Greninja
  • Said Greninja having both Hyper Beam AND Hydro Cannon
  • X-Scissor and Counter Scizor
  • Outrage and Fire Blast Gyarados
  • AIR BALLOON Lando-T
  • Said Lando-T having Hyper Beam
  • Quick Claw Sylveon
  • Said Sylveon carrying Sing, Draining Kiss AND DAZZLING GLEAM
  • Ice Shard and Frost Breath Glaceon
  • Glaceon in OU at all
  • Draco Meteor Kyurem Black (what a waste of that 170 attack)

Random Shit: Breaker of BP Chains Edition
-Golduck.
-Poison Point hazard lead Nidoking.
-Giga Drain+Drain Punch Breloom.
-Flame Body Talonflame.
-Focus Band Hydreigon.
-Energy Ball Whimsicott.
-Enigma Berry Mamoswine.
-Alakazam repeatedly, and without a choice item, using Energy Ball on Heatran.
-Y-zard using Flamethrower on the same Heatran.
-Heatmor.
-Dewgong.
-Switching Chesnaught in on M-Pinsir.
-Outrage Arcanine. Also, Arcanine in OU.
-Flareon.
-Lapras.
-Someone running max special bulk Rhyperior... and living a Solarbeam from Ninetales, allowing it to win with EQ.
-Lunatone.
-Eject Button Politoed using HP Ground on said Lunatone.
-Whiscash. With a Rindo Berry (legit) and Future Sight (not so much).
-Scyther.
-Electivire.
-Attract Slurpuff.
-So many things wrong here: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-132013413
-Night Shade Jellicent. What is Shadow Ball?
There's nothing wrong with future sight Whiscash. Or Rhyperior. Or scyther. Or electivire

It does more than lure stuff. It gets MUCH better coverage than physical ttar, and besides there's like no accurate physical rock moves at all.
Well yeah but Ancient Power is only 90 power with STAB. I'd much rather have the significantly greater power than worry about accuracy issues. I dunno, maybe it's one of those things where you can't judge it unless you try it, but i just don't see how special ttar is any better than Physical ttar (not to say that it isn't a good idea to put either fire blast or ice beam on ttar, just that you wouldn't go fully special ttar).

There's nothing wrong with future sight Whiscash. Or Rhyperior. Or scyther. Or electivire
Willing to bet that the Rhyperior is AV (which I've seen before).

And as I've said before, the presence of a non-OU mon is hardly interesting enough to note (not everyone plays seriously). But, if the set is completely wack.... Like the Whiscash. While outclassed in OU, it does have the potential to be dangerous (in lower tiers or vs. opponents who aren't great) due to Dragon Dance and Oblivious (making it immune to taunt). Future sight Whiscash, however, is dumb and shouldn't even be used in NU.

Karxrida

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-132241788
  • Guard Swap Accelgor
  • Accelgor in OU at all
  • Double Edge Mixed Char X
  • Non Protean Air Balloon Greninja
  • Said Greninja having both Hyper Beam AND Hydro Cannon
  • X-Scissor and Counter Scizor
  • Outrage and Fire Blast Gyarados
  • AIR BALLOON Lando-T
  • Said Lando-T having Hyper Beam
  • Quick Claw Sylveon
  • Said Sylveon carrying Sing, Draining Kiss AND DAZZLING GLEAM
  • Ice Shard and Frost Breath Glaceon
  • Glaceon in OU at all
  • Draco Meteor Kyurem Black (what a waste of that 170 attack)
A ton of Kyurem-B are mixed, you know.
(Draco Meteor is still kinda stupid when you have STAB Ice Beam, though)

Someone really should learn on how to use FEAR rattata
Also, that Ditto was awesome specially the part when he tried to use transform on a sub

Should I laugh or should I cry?
HOW CAN SOMEONE LOSE HIS ENTIRE TEAM TO A SHUCKLE??
Also, the mons these guys are using are pathetic

Okay, I wanna know how high can I get with this Shuckle I'll be posting some replays here:

Delcatty with BP Sub CM and T-Wave
Purugly
Cat team in general
Toxic Arceus Electric
Defend Order Smeargle
Seismic toss M-khan
Hyper Beam Deo-N
Return Groudon
Leftovers REFRESH Special Arceus
Iron tail Giratina
AQUA TAIL WATER GUN SLOWBRO
CM XERNEAS
Using SR when I only have 1 mon
Too much hax

I peaked 1100 with shuckle

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-132284994

Tried the shuckle spread
Never mind the team's dumb, it was all good until WOAH DRACO METEOR IS GUUUD

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-132290569
There's so much wrong with this team I can't even begin to list them

Last edited:
H'okay, time for my silly things derping around on Wifi

My friend surprised me with a Red Team in our Double Battle. Here's the silly stuff
- Attract/Electro Ball Pikachu with Lum Berry that was surprisingly effective at prolonging the inevitable
- Sheer Cold Lapras with Cheri Berry. If it hit, it would have put a real damper on my Trick Rooming by taking out my suicide setter Gourgeist
- Poisonpowder Venusaur that tried to use it against the same Gourgeist
- Hyper Beam Snorlax
- Hydro Cannon Blastoise

I won that match 5-0, only losing my Gourgeist when I decide to have it use Explosion on the last turn of Trick Room killing her Venusaur which survived one turn of combat and Charizard X which didn't even get a shot to move. She was my Pokemoning friend and I REALLY wanted to show off my Shiny Aegislash too especially since she REALLY wanted to show off her Shiny Charizard earlier

Then, I got into a Multi Battle with that friend and two others. Here are some silly things from it:
- Surf Furfrou (Is that actually a thing because that was the only truly odd thing on my partner's team? It also knew Cotton Guard, but gotta go for bulk. After a Surf and Cotton Guard it spammed Sucker Punch on everything which is fine, but it wasn't threatened to be killed until the Greninja down below came out)
- The same Pikachu and Lapras from before
- Flamethrower/Dragon Claw Charizard X. Dragon Claw is only to emphasize that it would needs to be mixed. I know Charizard X has equal offenses, but Charizard X has Tough Claws...
- Non-Protean Surf/Hydro Cannon Greninja
- Also, My Aegislash Flash Cannoned the Pikachu. It survived with a measly bit of health. I REALLY hated the idea of facing Static (I know it was Static because in the previous battle, my Mega Ampharos's Thunderbolt wasn't redirected)

Random Things from Other Matches
- Deoxys-N
- Fully Special Mega Mewtwo-X (Gotta get STAB Aura Sphere)
- Dragon Claw/Judgement/Earthquake Arceus-Fairy (What does Dragon Claw even hit extra? Weezing and Crobat?)

- Also, My Aegislash Flash Cannoned the Pikachu. It survived with a measly bit of health. I REALLY hated the idea of facing Static (I know it was Static because in the previous battle, my Mega Ampharos's Thunderbolt wasn't redirected)
IMO, the silly thing about this is the fact that you didn't use Shadow Ball. If you didn't have it, that's even sillier.

IMO, the silly thing about this is the fact that you didn't use Shadow Ball. If you didn't have it, that's even sillier.
I know the sets mention Shadow Ball, but my all shiny team (which this Aegislash is a part of) has a crippling Fairy weakness (a Shiny Garchomp, Hydreigon, and Conkledurr would do that to you) so I figured Flash Cannon would have been more useful for that team. I just forgot to switch back to Shadow Ball for the other team it's on (which is where I used it for this battle).

You know, Mega Amph has Mold Breaker which negates redirection of Thunderbolt
Actually...it is still redirected at least according to Smogon and Bulbapedia. It's just not negated.

19th Round of silly replays: Sayonara Batontatchi Edition

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-132366960
  • Sitrus Berry Quagsire.
  • Attract Klefki.
  • Mega Medicham trying to use Ice Punch instead of Psycho Cut on Mega Venusaur (maybe it didn't have this move and should have switched instead).

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-132372698
  • Steelix in OU, using both Stealth Rock AND Toxic vs Espeon. Because Magic Bounce doesn't exist (and even warned you for SR)?
  • Ninjask.
  • To not make this one too short, Espeon's name means spiritual in Japanese.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-132384945
Team A:
  • Dragon Rush Mega Garchomp.
  • High Jump Kick Hitmontop.
Team B:
  • Charmeleon, with Mega Kick and Fire Punch (because Flare Blitz is illegal with Mega Kick), which timely burned a Gyarados.
  • Mega Kick Snorlax.
  • Hurricane Dragonite without rain support.
  • Rock Smash Haxorus. It spammed this instead of a Dragon move against Mega Garchomp.
  • Focus Blast + EdgeQuake Conkeldurr.
  • And, because Charmeleon isn't enough, Mega Kick Mega Charizard X.

It's been a while since I've posted on this thread. Lets start it out with this.
-Salamence in Ubers (A fantastic Pokemon in OU, but even Rayquazza is better in Ubers)
-Dragon Rage Charizard Anything
-Hydro Pump, HP Flying Gyarados
-Donphan
-Swoobat in OU. Not terrible, just not good.
-A surprisingly effective Curse/Return Sylveon
-Ledian
-Sunflora
-Sawsbuck is debatably the best Sun sweeper. Not when it has Feint Attack and Camouflage.
-Murkrow (Admittedly it was a fantastic Evolite user, heh) Actually, Murkrow is viable. It is surprisingly bulky with an Eviolite and fits on many teams. Offensive teams like paralysis-support and the wallbreaking abilities. Defensive teams can use Murkrows ability to force switches with Featherdance, block defogs with Prankster Taunt. You can also run Haze to deal with Pokemon that used set up moves.
252 Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Murkrow: 264-312 (81.4 - 96.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage. This is enought time to pull a Featherdance off, which means that you can stall Tyranitar with Roost.

-Mega Lucario should go back to OU. It gets raped in Ubers.
-Special Torterra Torterra
-UNOWN
-Memento Latios
-Using a Dragon move on Gardevoir
-Non-Mega Gardevoir
-Non-Mega Charizard I have mixed feeling if I should agree or not. On the one hand, the ability to 2HKO Chansey with Specs Solar Power Flamethrower in sun is insane. In fact, only a small number of pokemon can switch into sun boosted Fire type moves used by Solar Power SpecsZard and tell the tale. Those are shattered by it's coverage moves. On the other hand, it needs sun to nab these insane KO's. You have to use a manual Sun setter or Ninetails. Rapid Spin support is not a 100% requirement, but it's adviced. Stealth Rock is also a decent support option to brake Sashes, but again, this is not 100% requierd.
-Non-Mega Gyarados Oh wait that one's actually not terrible
Comments in bold.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-132281566

In the 1400 range featuring:
-Claydoll
-Bulky mega zadY
(who the hell runs that?)

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Air Slash vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 127-150 (42.6 - 50.3%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO
And it did 35%.

Don't mind the huge thundurus-I weakness, I'm still testing things.
Air Slash on Mega Charizard Y

Last edited:

Karxrida

Comments in bold.
Murkrow is absolute shit. It's not bulky, has nothing of value over other Pranksters (Priorty Defog doesn't matter when you have Latios), and is MASSIVE setup bait for Bisharp, whom you cannot threaten PERIOD. Also, it's not ranked on the viability thread and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have an analysis.

Random Shit: Thunderstorm Edition
-Heatran using Earth Power on M-Pinsir.
-Armaldo.
-Foul Play+Pain Split M-Mawile. Because fuck base 105 attack and Huge Power, that's why.
-Zapdos using Toxic on a Bisharp. At least it avoided Sucker Punch. Which isn't even a 2HKO here.
-Flame Charge Heatran.
-Frisk Dusclops. Also, Dusclops in OU.
-Blissey using Toxic on Espeon.
-Defensive Staraptor with Defog, Roost, and Feather Dance. And no Intimidate.
-Quick Attack Weavile. Um...
-Giga Drain Gengar. At least it wasn't Drain Punch.
-Blissey using Counter... on Ferrothorn.
-A -2 (after Psycho Boost) Deoxys-S trying to finish off Rotom-W with Flash Cannon.
-How not to deal with Shedinja: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-132397667
-Level 100 FEAR Rattata. That's now NOT how it works.
-Rock Wrecker Rhyperior.
-Y-zard using Solarbeam right after Tyranitar came in.
-Aerial Ace Zapdos. Sure caught that Chesnaught by surprise.
-QUICK FEET Jolteon using Thunder Wave on said Zapdos. It also had Iron Tail.
-Non-Sturdy Skarmory switching in on said Jolteon. And eating a Thunderbolt.
-Meowstic-F.
-Torrent Greninja #42656184.
-Breloom using Spore on Ferrothorn.
-Said Ferrothorn using Leech Seed on said Breloom.
-Meowstic-M tricking an Armor Fossil onto an Espeon.
-M-Blastoise using Focus Punch without subbing. And even if it had subbed, it was up against a +2 Cloyster.
-Machamp doing the exact same thing.
-Sceptile using Dragon Pulse... on Whimsicott.

Last edited:
Murkrow is absolute shit. It's not bulky, has nothing of value over other Pranksters (Priorty Defog doesn't matter when you have Latios), and is MASSIVE setup bait for Bisharp, whom you cannot threaten PERIOD. Also, it's not ranked on the viability thread and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have an analysis.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-dark-horse-project.3505441/page-4#post-5451144

Also, Priority Defog is illegal, thats the reason why I didn't mentioned it, I've only said that Taunt can deal with defog, not that it uses defog. You have clearly not read my comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)