Simple OU team for beginner

So I created my first wi-fi team on my ds but it isn't perfct yet and since I'm quite the beginner. I'm looking for any improvments it can get. It's way better then my previous RMT i think but still not good enough! Also it's a a wi-fi team (standard OU rules) so I'm limited in a few events and old gen moves. Melotta, keldeo, carefull jirachi and timid celebi are an option. Got those ready as event.

Rock Paper Scizor (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Main physical attacker. Scizor is the most used OU pokemon for reason, and usable in allot of situations. Pursuit deals lots of dmg vs psychics and ghosts wich tank a great deal of my moves (for example celebi, wich i battled in my first wi-fi battle, and really helped). pursuit also finishes of low health pokemon who want to switch. Bullet punch for high dmg power priority. u turn for switching (mostly when enemy is switching too since sciz aint that fast) and super power to finish the likes of ferrothorn and such and other steals where my team has trouble dealing with, mostly in rain cus weakened HP fire on latios. Standard smogon set.

Fluffy (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait:
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Together with jellicent pretty much my core defense. Ferrothorn is extremly hard to kill and can tank nearly every type together with jellicent. I go for a balanced team with strong defense so together they can criple a whole team. Ferro is to lay hazards and to deal dmg and mostly tanking hits together with jellicent. But I feel maybe the set could be better/different since some pokemons (mostly common walls) can resist both attacks and spin hazard. my question is is this the best set too use, or should I go for a different set wich fits my team better?

Hardboiled (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Softboiled
- Flamethrower
- Toxic

My third defense is blissey, to take special hits wich do danger to jelli and ferro have trouble with. Blissey can tank like hell on special hits while laying SR and and toxic. I have the feeling that blissey tanks like the best, but it's set doesnt add much good to the team. Maybe replace blissey or different set? Also bliss doesnt like posion spikes. I have starmie to spin away but starmie doesnt last forever and is quite frail. I can't run wish on blissey since it's a gen 3 move wich i can't get on my BW unfortunatly wich is a major downside, same goes for seismic toss. Since these options are limited, i am willing to look firther, but pokemon like jirachi and celebi are off limits too because there are no current events with them.

StarMe (Starmie) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

My rapid spinner and special attacker. Boltbeam to hit nearly everything hard with hydro pump to hit hard especialy when fighting somebody with rain and rapid spin to get hazards away wich my my team doesn't like allot since it's decently stally. Biggest downside I had is the fact that it doesn't last in a long lasting battle. The first battle i had was stallish, and as soon as starmie was gone and toxic spikes were lay down, it hurt allot. Starmies thing is that he fills the role of attacker and spinner. I only have 2 attackers so starmie is there to fill the third but also to spin. So I don't know if i should keep him, or change him, or change him together with 1 more poke.

U Jelly? (Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait:
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

One more wall to fight allong side ferro. Will o wisp to criplle atackers mostly with fighting moves with hurts both ferro and blissey and let them wither away while stalling. Taunt to cripple walls and make sure people don't set up, wich again is a problem on a quite stallish team, but this solves it. And scald to deal dmg and to not be taunt bait. Recover to keep doing what he does best wich is stalling and wait for the burn to wither their health donw. Just like bliss, jelly hald problems with toxic spikes. Other entery hazards dont really matte for my team i get the feeling. SR is not very against most, spikes need 3 layers to be effective wich latios even levitates above, just the toxic spikes is what jellicent, starmie and blissey don't like.

Jet (Latios) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait:
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latios my main special attacker. It simply hits fast en hard and has good coverage. with HP fire being key to some walls i normaly can't get trough, but rain destroys that dream, wih makes me vulnarble too steal pokes like scizor and ferro, wich are allot nowdays. Outside rain is not a problem and he will hit hard, just too bad more then half the teams have weather. It's weaknesses are easily walled by jelly and ferro (ice by jelly, and bug/dark/ghost by ferro) and just lke scizor pretty much fits in every situation. Since the team has quite some stallish, latios and scizor are my main attackers.

Anyway in the battle I had, ferro from the enemy gave me lots of probelms (especialy in rain) so did posion spikes. I thought maybe getting starmie switched for tentacruel but that would mean i have 4 walls and only 2 attacksers, and for a balanced team 3-3 walls-attackers feels good or am i wrong?

Anyway this is what I got so far. Any ideas on what I could do different? every opinion is welcome so i can try multiple things out!

Thanks for reading!

Importable: (We can't add spoilers anymore? :/ )

Rock Paper Scizor (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Fluffy (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait:
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Hardboiled (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Softboiled
- Flamethrower
- Toxic

StarMe (Starmie) @ Life Orb
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

U Jelly? (Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait:
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

Jet (Latios) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait:
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi there,

I don't play too much wi-fi but if pokemon like Jirachi and Celebi aren't allowed, that seems to be a good thing. Your team might want a bit more of a physical presence apart from Scizor -- pokemon like Blissey are hard to deal with if the only true physical threat in the team is Scizor, because Ferrothorn's role is more dedicated to support. Having an additional offensive presence that can also set up Stealth Rock seems to be the best way for you to fix this issue. However, in doing so, I will note that taking away Blissey does detract from your overall ability to wall certain faster threats like Giga Drain Volcarona, for example.

If you ran a Focus Sash Terrakion with Stealth Rock over Blissey, you would be able to survive a hit from threats like Volcarona that Blissey would normally wall and kill it right off the bat. Terrakion is also a great user of Stealth Rock because its STAB and power are so good that they force many switches, giving you free turns to set them up without having to use your Sash. Heck, it can even act as a late game sweeper if you slapped a Swords Dance on the set, as Sash also gives you a free turn to set up Swords Dance if need be.

Another reason why Terrakion seems to be a good fit for this team is because of your aforementioned lack of Jirachi and Celebi. Those two pokemon in particular are rather annoying for Terrakion to deal with, and the lack of them in such a metagame will make life easier for Terrakion to just set up and go wild. You even have support for Terrakion in the form of Spike support, a Spinblocker, and a spinner, all which help Terrakion keep it's Sash, keep the hazards up, and help sweep if need be.

I wouldn't call Terrakion the best response to Ferrothorn, but it can absolutely help against it by picking off weakened ones with Close Combat if you can switch it in off a revenge kill or what not. Looking at this team, I would definitely say that you are bit weak to Ferrothorn. You could consider running Swords Dance Scizor with Bug Bite over Choice Band if it suits you, but generally you can play around Ferrothorn with enough prediction, and things such as Jellicent are good for crippling Ferrothorn with Will O Wisp as long as you're not switching it in on a Power Whip.

Terrakion @ Sash
Jolly 252 atk / 252 spe /4 hp
Stone Edge/Close Combat/Swords Dance/Stealth Rock

Good luck with the team, hope I helped. =)

Thanks for teh reply and will look into it! And sorry if i havent been clear. What i meant is i do play standard OU rules, but i rng all my pokes myself, thus serebii and jirachi i cannot get since there are no current events, yet other people (lot people hack em) do have em. So yeah, I cant use them,they can. So rules are standard OU, just have to be able to create em in game.

Dude you have a nice team so far! I love the near unbreakable defensive core you have.

One thing I would suggest is hail on Starmie. Although you will have to get rid of an attack, it can completely cripple weather teams (And over 60% of teams use weather) once Toed/Tar/Ninetales are down.

I also noticed that your offense is very specially based. Instead of Latios, I would run a MixMence to put more stress on opposing special walls. Scizor cleans up Blissey nicely, but other special walls could give you problems.

Salamence @Life Orb/Sash (Naive) Moxie
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
64 Atk/ 192 Spa / 252 Spe

Salamence also works as an awesome late game sweeper as well.
If you need that extra speed, you can run Dragon Dance too.
And if you feel like like Blissey isn't doing much for the team, I would suggest Wish over Softboiled or Toxic.

That's all i have though. Your team seems to have great potential. Good luck!

You need at least 3 lines of descriptions on each of your pokemon and an Importable. I'll finish the rate when that's done.
More lines of description added. But what does it mean to add a imprtable? the team was exported from PO, just text like that or something else? scanned trough the rules a sec but couldn't find it (am I just blind lol? xd)

Anyway I will gather as many opinions from different people here and later try em all out!

Go to the Menu - Export. You'll get a text version of the team, which other raters can use to playtest your team without painstakingly copying it out. Cheers!

All right. The overall synergy of the team is good, but I don't understand your game plan much, so Ill stick to minor changes. First of all, your team seems to be very weak to Fire and Ghost type moves, so a Scarf Chandelure will make short work of your team, having 5 pokemon to hit super effectively. If Latios is dead, it could even Trick Blissey, your only defense, meaning that anything else can come in and set up.

Next, I would recommend changing Latios to a Sweeper variant. Life Orb is the preferred item over Specs, because the small increase in damage is ignorable while its versatility and sweeping potential isn't.

Finally, Blissey's healing move of choice should be Wish. It takes advantage of its huge HP to heal anything on your teams. Tanks without reliable recovery (Leech Seed doesn't count) will benefit greatly, as well at the aforementioned Latios set, as Wish negates its Life Orb recoil.

Other than that, good team and good luck with it. Hope I helped!

-Kabatic

Game plan, I guess just being balanced. What should I do about the fire/ghost thing? Will try out the latios set too, tough i didn't ahve much problems with the specs but will still try if he doesnt loose attacking power. Also wish blissey is a no. Wish is an very old event I heard in previous gen, and thus imposible for me too get in my white game. So yeah, i'm slightly limited, and this is one of them :( Anyway thanks for rating! Added your ideas to the list to try :D Would wish Jirachi be an option evenw ith teh fire weakness? I can't get one myself like mentioned before, but I might be able to find a good one by trading.

Edit: Carefull jirachi and timid/calm celebi are now an option. I got them in trades.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)